Urban Meyer

medearis

Recruit
How does everyone think he does at OSU? First, they return 18 starters next year including all 11 on defense next year. Second, OSU has an obvious national prestige and recruiting base. But, people forget that Tressell was a **** good coach, too. Top 5 in the country over the past decade. So, I'm not sure how Urban can really improve the program beyond what Jim had them.

I do think that Urban's SEC experience, and knowledge of their conference, however, MIGHT be the key to crack the code of the SEC dominance. Urban might know how to slightly recruit, develop and game plan differently, to account for the differences of Tressell and OSU actually winning an NC (and finally usurping the SEC).

Advertisement
right. But Tressell was a stud coach, too. Doing any better would mean a NC or two up there. Tressell did great against everyone but the SEC

It's rare that lightning strike twice in the same spot. He'll do well, but I don't think he'll have the success that he had at Florida.

If he thought he had stress at Florida, wait until the fans demand more than Gators, faster, the local recruiting base isn't the same caliber, and the sun disappears behind the cloud cover for months at a time.

He'll vapor lock. Tressel's organization was a machine.

Unfortunately I think he'll do well starting next year. He has, from what I can tell, a talented team and like you said returns a lot of starters. The defense should be stout, the were good this year and they return everyone, and I think offense this past year was their problem, A huge part of their problem this past year was the horrid QB play and they played better towards the end of the season when Miller started to get through the growing pains. I think that Miller seems to fit a spread read option system quite well and seems like a **** of an athlete. Not looking forward to seeing how well they do. Hopefully he quickly loses interest like he did at UF and runs OSU* into the ground as well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back