Urban/(J. Battle) news

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not sure where the rule itself is written, but public universities in Florida absolutely publish the dates and agendas of their regular meetings, as well as their special meetings, in advance of those meetings.

Edit: In Florida, the notice requirement would be under Florida Statute 286.011.
In Ohio, it looks like 121.22(F) does require at least 24 hours for any special meeting.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I highly doubt Urban is fired. They will owe him somewhere around 24 million I heard on the radio.

It's a for-cause firing. They will be trying not to pay him. There will be lawyers.

If he turned over the information as he said he did back in 2015, then do they have just cause? What exactly did Urban do besides retain and sleeve all coach and lie to the media? Just trying to look at both sides because I want him fired, but I think he will only be suspended a few games.

Advertisement
He could have withheld information from the AD for the UF stuff. Another is that he lied to the media which is likely breaking some employee handbook code. There could be additional information not made public that he knew of but didn’t report.

If he turned over the information as he said he did back in 2015, then do they have just cause? What exactly did Urban do besides retain and sleeve all coach and lie to the media? Just trying to look at both sides because I want him fired, but I think he will only be suspended a few games.
Maybe there is stuff they want kept quiet. Settlement, go take a few off then make a ton of money again when the next gig opens.
I bet saban will offer him some offensive advisor job. And bama rapes osu’s class.

Advertisement
He could have withheld information from the AD for the UF stuff. Another is that he lied to the media which is likely breaking some employee handbook code. There could be additional information not made public that he knew of but didn’t report.

if lying to the media can get you fired for cause, no school would ever have to pay a buyout when firing a coach

There are specific clauses in his contract as to what constitutes cause. Lack of supervision of his direct reports/programs is always a cause.

Looking at our depth chart at safey I can't believe Battle hasn't flipped yet.We graduate JJ and Redwine and with Finley and Smith now at LB/striker all we return in 2019 is Carter,Hall and Knowles and whoever we sign this year.Guys like Battle and Stevenson are an injury away from starting.

Looking at our depth chart at safey I can't believe Battle hasn't flipped yet.We graduate JJ and Redwine and with Finley and Smith now at LB/striker all we return in 2019 is Carter,Hall and Knowles and whoever we sign this year.Guys like Battle and Stevenson are an injury away from starting.
Exactly why wouldnt battle and ts .....answer is $$

Advertisement
Back