Upon Further Review- Virginia

i mentioned before that we took a step back and your pics show it ... we ought to be capitalizing on the advantages we have at this point ... king's understanding of when keep and run has been poor ... that last missed pass to harley cut me deep, that was highschool open

Advertisement
Wish the coaches were as observant as you Lance lol...just seems crazy to me some of these decisions from the coaching staff. Constantly rushing 4 on defense and not getting there...then offensively not using the middle of the field more. Not utilizing kings feet more. Hoping Brevins return will add a spark bc it hasn't been pretty the last few.
I don't think King can see the middle of the field when bodies are in the way. It's that simple.

I don't think King can see the middle of the field when bodies are in the way. It's that simple.

He could be the first player to wear platform cleats.

51EcgOEXauL._AC_UL1001_.jpg

Advertisement
Ive said it many times in other threads ill just say it one last time. Miami is just over coached on defense. Baker and Mandy try to get way to cute and that same kinda thinking is reflected when you hear them talk about kids. They secretly prop themselves saying " oh such n such is learning to trust their technique and play with the system with what were trying to do I just love that guy, I love him he such a nice kid he's really trusting his technique" that's Blake barker right there.

Then you here Mandy sayin chit like.." oh we know how to stop the pass just go look at our pass defense numbers last three years ....". *** off

Like there trying to show that they're NFL level guys. No, you're both trash really lucky we've manage to out athlete most every team minus Clemson. These guys aren't coaching with the player they have they running **** that makes them look good or try to regardless of the players

That makes them pos.

Ive said it many times in other threads ill just say it one last time. Miami is just over coached on defense. Baker and Mandy try to get way to cute and that same kinda thinking is reflected when you hear them talk about kids. They secretly prop themselves saying " oh such n such is learning to trust their technique and play with the system with what were trying to do I just love that guy, I love him he such a nice kid he's really trusting his technique" that's Blake barker right there.

Then you here Mandy sayin chit like.." oh we know how to stop the pass just go look at our pass defense numbers last three years ....". *** off

Like there trying to show that they're NFL level guys. No, you're both trash really lucky we've manage to out athlete most every team minus Clemson. These guys aren't coaching with the player they have they running **** that makes them look good or try to regardless of the players

That makes them pos.

Bring back Randy Shannon! Just run the Miami 4-3 and stop farting around.

Btw, I'm still holding out hope Diaz can figure out how to motivate his players to play harder. He's a first time coach so he still has to figure out his identity. If Blake James was so dead set on a "Miami guy" and Cristobal wasn't an option, should have gone with Schiano. This is not a great place for a first time HC. Yes, Bootch was a first timer, but we were just a few years removed from being one of the most dominant dynasties in CFB history. Davis was returning to something he helped build. Diaz returned to a team that was falling apart, and mired in mediocrity for more than a decade. Fixing that is just too much to ask out of a first time coach. I think the better move would have been Schiano on a 4 year deal while Diaz cut his teeth at Temple, then if it wasn't working out Miami could make the change. At least we'd be ridding ourselves of the knuckleheads in the meantime.

Advertisement
Great write up and analysis as usual!

UVA left ALOT of plays on the field 🤦🏿‍♂️

Baker is out of his league..and I’m sorry to say that, but it’s the truth.

Film study of this game should be totally embarrassing.
As I've said in one of the many moper threads.

This season is a clear improvement on last. The big test for Diaz, in my opinion, is how he handles Baker and co in the off-season.

If he doesn't look to upgrade them then he's no better than all the other HCs we've had in the last 20 years. Baker clearly isn't up to standard. Rumph doesn't recruit well enough to keep his job either.

Advertisement
King's background is RPO. When he was at houston, Briles ran an RPO offense and I don't believe used read zone very much at all.
I mean he's probably only got 6 organised games of football left in his career, so it's too late now, but you'd think he'd have learned to run a read option offence with his legs.

Lance, great work as always. We're 5-1 but it's obvious we're still an average at best team. It's so disheartening to see, we have made no improvement as the season's progressed. Diaz needs to swallow his pride and bring in an independent thinking DC and let him run his defense, Diaz's crap concepts don't work.

Advertisement

That makes them pos.
year in and year out our linebackers either regress or stay the same : who are the coaches in charge of the linebackers over the years , Manny, Blake. Where do most teams attack us, at linebacking. How can you explain Mccloud being here 5 years and still looking like he has no idea on what's going on around him, good grief some times he doesn't even get out of his stance. By the way the kid is suppose to be a very good athlete. How can your two leading tacklers after Clemson by your safeties, well maybe the fact that we are giving up an average of 20 plays of over 10 yards a game might be a reason .

Advertisement
Back