Upon Further Review- Romello Height

Definitely seems like a project but with our recent de history i trust Diaz this viper position will be interesting.
Nothing special about the viper poisition. Joe jackson played viper the last 3 years. Just a regualar DE that every once in a while diaz might get him to drop back in zone. Don't remeber joe dropping back much but i know he did vs unc.

Advertisement
Andrew William's? YIKES

He is nothing like Height

Andrew was like 6'0 260+

Listed at 6-4, 260 as a Senior.

Romello Height is 6-4, 215 as a HS Junior. I’d say there’s a good chance he’s 250+ in five years.

Around 6'2" 225 coming out of Hillsborough HS in Tampa.

Went to the same JC as McDougle (Hinds) and left Miami in the 260s.

One of the fastest DEs Miami has had.

If Height could come off the edge anything like Williams, that would be a major plus.

From a height standpoint, they're clearly not the same.

Height will be bigger than Williams (coming out of HS) once he finishes up HS in a little under a year.

Andrew William's? YIKES

He is nothing like Height

Andrew was like 6'0 260+

Around 6'2" 225 coming out of Hillsborough HS in Tampa.

Went to the same JC as McDougle (Hinds) and left Miami in the 260s.

One of the fastest DEs Miami has had.

If Height could come off the edge anything like Williams, that would be a major plus.

From a height standpoint, they're clearly not the same.

Height will be bigger than Williams (coming out of HS) once he finishes up HS in a little under a year.

Yeah. I think people forget about big time Andrew Williams was especially out of HS. He was a HUGE HUGE get. He just didn’t qualify and we had to wait 2 years for him. If Height is anything like him I’ll take that all day. He was a **** solid DE for us during those dynasty years.

Advertisement
Analytics in FB are not quite but almost useless. It’s how a guy performs on the field. Can the things that need to be improved be coached, does he love football, will he work hard enough to do it.

Lance is giving his opinion based on game tape. That’s nothing to do with analytics.
Analytics is saying a guy gets pressure on the QB 68% of the time when he speed rushes the LT with no TE chipping him on passing downs. Lance isn’t doing that garbage on this guy.

Height is raw but he also has production. He’s going to fill out even more and won’t be pushed around. He will be coached up to play. This isn’t a Golden special here. The guy has the talent. Romello should be a college DL coaches wet dream for an attacking style defense.
That last paragraph is all I want to here! He is 6'4 1/2 legit with those long arms.

Advertisement
We like athletes at DE as we seem to believe in our coaching to give them the he tools and blocks to work with...

Can’t teach athleticism like this kid has... if your a coach who thinks your worth a **** you see that piece of amazing clay and say you can do something with that
Greg Rousseau 2.0? See some similarities. Rousseau is gonna be fun to watch this year!

I thought they were briging hieght in specificly for 3rd and long situation's, mainly for help in coverage off the end.

I try very hard to give an honest take on them without my opinion overall mucking up the waters.

Perhaps it’s all perspective but I would’ve been pretty excited reading this if it were me. Dude makes plays and is a heck of an athlete who plays everywhere for a team that went deep in GA playoffs. When he focuses on one position he has the tools to be a pass rushing terror.

Most recruits don’t profile as Joey Bosa and that’s ok.
Are they any stats on his athleticism available? I enjoyed your breakdown of successful athletes based on those statistics.. I like how the staff is looking for athletes first, they are betting on their coaching ability..

Thanks for all your work...

He’s a 3-star for a reason. He probably won’t play until junior year at Miami.

No idea when or if he will play, but this whole "project" "3 star" narrative is baffling. As has been pointed out ad nauseum, he's a 4 star on two sites. He has offers from Auburn, UF, Tenn, and USC. 247 has him as the 28th ranked OLB. He's a take for all but a handful of teams.

Advertisement
Are they any stats on his athleticism available? I enjoyed your breakdown of successful athletes based on those statistics.. I like how the staff is looking for athletes first, they are betting on their coaching ability..

Thanks for all your work...

Hasn’t tested that I’ve seen. He’s an above-average athlete though.

No idea when or if he will play, but this whole "project" "3 star" narrative is baffling. As has been pointed out ad nauseum, he's a 4 star on two sites. He has offers from Auburn, UF, Tenn, and USC. 247 has him as the 28th ranked OLB. He's a take for all but a handful of teams.

Sounds like he is raw as a prospect. Could easily see his career going redshirt year, spot pass rusher as a sophomore, developing into an every down starter candidate as an upper classman. Nothing wrong with that.

Lance, you're cool but I hope some of these recruits make you eat your words and I mean that.

I don't understand this post. Maybe Lance can chime in on this but I think he's evaluating them at a point in time and pointing out areas of development. I don't read anything suggesting they won't develop.

While some 5*s may get burn early their freshman year, even they need development to work their way into the rotation. To compare these guys to D.J Williams (probably the most college ready recruit we've ever had) coming out of high school is silly and an exercise in disappointment..

Advertisement
He’s a 3-star for a reason. He probably won’t play until junior year at Miami.

And in many cases, there is nothing wrong with that.

Our problem has been there are so many holes in the roster we needed people to contribute right out of high school. We're not going to get to the next level if keep plugging the **** with kids that aren't ready. But that's a different issue.

i respect your analysis, but what disappoints is when people read it and suddenly start bashing guys or calling them a reach, as if what they are in your report is what they'll be forever and disregard the opportunity at improvement ...

Lance clearly says Height has above average athleticism and there is upside there because he is raw.

He also objectively evaluated him and that includes current things to work on. He’s not disregarding improvement, in fact he painted two possibilities clearly. If he fills out and gains flexibility he sees him as a good player, if not a potential contributor as a backup.

Lance, please continue to write objective analysis.

Advertisement
Back