Upon Further Review- Romello Height

View as article
I’m less concerned with his weight/strength/technique deficiencies than I am with the loafing. The former can be coached up; the latter can’t.

If I’m recruiting and see a guy loaf a few times I look elsewhere. That **** is poison.
Agree, that’s a huge red flag

Advertisement
Lance clearly says Height has above average athleticism and there is upside there because he is raw.

He also objectively evaluated him and that includes current things to work on. He’s not disregarding improvement, in fact he painted two possibilities clearly. If he fills out and gains flexibility he sees him as a good player, if not a potential contributor as a backup.

Lance, please continue to write objective analysis.
lance is a big boy and does an amazing job, i'm sure he enjoys our commentary as is proves evidence of us actually reading his thorough content

No he played three ways
That is true. And frankly, if we are going to take a 6’4, 215 lbs, very athletic but raw talent, it should be at the WDE/OLB position. The only thing that slightly bothered me from your analysis of his JR was the criticism of his motor. But given he played both ways, I can understand getting

lance is a big boy and does an amazing job, i'm sure he enjoys our commentary as is proves evidence of us actually reading his thorough content

I read every comment and try to take them for what they are.

“Feedback is a gift.”

It’s just important to decipher what is feedback and what is just part of the deal. You’re never going to please everyone and I’m not infallible. I’ll be wrong plenty and sometimes it’s bad evaluation and sometimes it’s stuff you can’t measure like late physical jumps or extraordinary work ethic (almost everyone works hard, so I’m talking outliers).

That was my point. I think some of these very early evaluations should be less focused on technique (though it's helpful to get a sense for where he stands). I understand what you were trying to do.
This is not manny first rodeo if manny say
This guy can play I believe him remember
Manny is not the defensive coordinator so a lot of effort is going forth evaluating these
Players. All manny did was do defense. 8 mean just think how Chad and the rest of
Would have looked if manny came a little
Sooner 🔪

Advertisement
@Lance Roffers

My man I'm absolutely serious when I say this but you need to do this as your main profession. Someone said that you should work for a recruiting site. I disagree. You are way overqualified for that. You need to break down players for our recruiting department or land a similar job at another school or the NFL. Someone with your analytical skills and your knowledge of breaking down game film would be a tremendous asset for any organization college or pro. You are amazing at doing these film breakdowns. You need to get paid my brother!

@Lance Roffers

My man I'm absolutely serious when I say this but you need to do this as your main profession. Someone said that you should work for a recruiting site. I disagree. You are way overqualified for that. You need to break down players for our recruiting department or land a similar job at another school or the NFL. Someone with your analytical skills and your knowledge of breaking down game film would be a tremendous asset for any organization college or pro. You are amazing at doing these film breakdowns. You need to get paid my brother!

Very kind. Thank you.

Leaving my corporate gig doesn’t sound terrible. 🤣

And in many cases, there is nothing wrong with that.

Our problem has been there are so many holes in the roster we needed people to contribute right out of high school.

That’s the #1 need position is LB, no depth and all current starters will be back. you gotta take kids that can play early. Unless he’s a DE, there’s not a reason to take developmental guys at a position of need.

Miami needs to go thru the JUCO route

Advertisement
Back