Upon Further Review- NC State

View as article
Advertisement
@Lance Roffers. Great work as always.

Got toasted all game with our usual strategy.

4th quarter came and we got physical with the receivers and put a more athletic linebacker on the field. Suddenly no one for NC State can get open and the quarterback is a mfers pressure because he has to hold the ball.

I have been clamoring for this style of play for years because we suffocate teams in the rare instances we do it. If there was ever proof of why we need to put the passive coverage to bed this is it.

Stack them up with 7,8,9 in the box. Press the receivers and tight ends. Reroute guys running over the middle. It is so simple these bum *** quarterbacks start getting way less comfortable pulling the trigger into the tight windows and disrupted routes.

It gives time for the defensive line to fight through the holding and hit our sack the quarterback. When I watch us the last few years, I notice most of our sacks aren’t jail breaks getting instant pressure of the snap. The sacks usually come when the qb has to climb or scramble because he can’t make a quick easy throw at the top of his drop.

We have to give the defensive line a chance to win the game. They are our best group and you win above your talent strategizing through your best players.

99% of teams won’t beat us throwing 4-5 bomb touchdowns a game. We might as well take away the run and short intermediate throws and live with what ever low percentage deep passes an offense can luck into with our line barreling down on their quarterback.

IT WORKS.

Advertisement
Back