Upgrade approach

Advertisement
podcast

Thats not what I heard him say. He did say they want to lock up Flagg and Cave and chip away at Flowe, Simpson and white. That doesn't imply dropping anyone. We're taking 4 lbs. Not saying we don't or shouldn't drop any recruits, just I don't think that's what Ivins was saying. Lisnten for yourselves, pretty good listening.

podcast

Thats not what I heard him say. He did say they want to lock up Flagg and Cave and chip away at Flowe, Simpson and white. That doesn't imply dropping anyone. We're taking 4 lbs. Not saying we don't or shouldn't drop any recruits, just I don't think that's what Ivins was saying. Lisnten for yourselves, pretty good listening.

agree. I didn't take Ivins to imply we were dropping anyone, either

I love this strategy, especially with the areas of the team we're lacking depth right now: linebacker, corner, and o line. We need big numbers at those groups so taking some additional plan B types for now and still chipping away at the elite targets make sense. If we ball out during the season then we have all the leverage to keep only who we want within the fold and nobody will judge us for it. And if we're in the 8-9 win range we at least met our needs with plenty of solid, albeit not elite talent and have a full roster for 2020. Sounds like a win win to me.

We must be back right? Talking about dropping kids that aren't even committed. Is it 8/24 yet?

Advertisement
I necessarily don’t have a problem with the drops. As long as the coaches are being a hunid with these kids. Giving them a heads up in time for them to explore their other options.

We have been doing for awhile dumbasses. Why do you think Sean Taylor cousin decommitted? we drop kids all the time, not as much as others but we suck at recruiting more than the top schools.

So we are doing what every other schools does when recruiting??

I have no problem with this just as long as we are up front with kids. For example, take a kid like Parrish and let him know that a scholarship would be available for knighton if he wanted in. Tough conversation to have but it's better than unfollowing a kid and hoping he gets the message.

Advertisement
Sad part as we know, other schools can do this all day every day and people in So Fla won't bat an eye. But as soon as we do it, it's Global warming, nuclear war, 9/11, and Pearl Harbor combined. Never mind how these kids have been disrespecting the **** out of us though.

Actually, Miami doesn't pull offers. Or at least hasn't recently. Our staff would give "non commitable" offers to Plan B type kids. Occasionally, they'd offer a kid but go cold on him (sitkowski) and make it obvious they were no longer interested with the expectation that the kid would decommit and move on.

Advertisement
The word he used is kids getting processed. Off the top of my head we have 2-3 in the ‘21 class that will be processed because of the players we’re going after currently. That’s why Brinson was ****ed this weekend.

"I was told something along the lines of kids pick us and then drop us so we aren't afraid to do the same. Read into that however you want." - Ivins when asked what he thinks about the 2021 kids who committed.

Fine with me, like he said kids have no problem dropping us. Manny about to have us running up the score on mfs & dropping kids sheesh, after what we’ve been through I’m here for all of it.

The same people who will get into a fit when Miami grabs a local 3 star commit in 2021, are the same people who will bash the staff if we miss out on big recruits and have no Plan B kids. This is a smart strategy. These commitments are not bound.

Advertisement
I listened to Ivins podcast and he dropped some good nuggets in there. What I think is happening that he kind of hinted at is that Miami will accept plan b kids to commit but will still go after their top guys and drop kids if they run out of space. It was a strategy we heard Miami was going to use last cycle but they couldnt because the season was a **** show. Ivins hinted at it saying Miami will try to lock up Flagg and Austin Cave in the next few weeks but will still chip away at White, Flowe and Simpson.
And we want kids to be held to higher standards and not take money and whatever else. Sure thing

Manny taking the savage route. He has to be a shrewd business man after we win these 10 games and start stacking 4 stars and packing 3's

Advertisement
Back