Upgrade approach

Cuban-Cane

Recruit
I listened to Ivins podcast and he dropped some good nuggets in there. What I think is happening that he kind of hinted at is that Miami will accept plan b kids to commit but will still go after their top guys and drop kids if they run out of space. It was a strategy we heard Miami was going to use last cycle but they couldnt because the season was a **** show. Ivins hinted at it saying Miami will try to lock up Flagg and Austin Cave in the next few weeks but will still chip away at White, Flowe and Simpson.

Advertisement
Depending on how this shake out, you might have to start over recruiting because more and more players will be entering the portal. This isn’t a U problem it will be a CFB problem!

You hate to see it happen but that's the way college football is going these days. Dropping kids you gave an offer to seems like a **** move but when the rest of the nation has no problem doing it, we can't afford to be the nice guy. Hopefully it doesn't have to happen a lot.

Advertisement
I listened to Ivins podcast and he dropped some good nuggets in there. What I think is happening that he kind of hinted at is that Miami will accept plan b kids to commit but will still go after their top guys and drop kids if they run out of space. It was a strategy we heard Miami was going to use last cycle but they couldnt because the season was a **** show. Ivins hinted at it saying Miami will try to lock up Flagg and Austin Cave in the next few weeks but will still chip away at White, Flowe and Simpson.
Good thing to do it actually helps a lot tbh

Have no issue with doing this AS LONG AS we are being up front with the kids we are doing this with AND we don't ***** anyone just a couple days before they are ready to sign.

I'm all for playing the game, but leaving a 100% committed player who's been steadfastly committed to us high and dry right before his dream is being fufilled is total bull****.

That also means criticizing the comment "I'm 100% committed, but I'm still taking all my visits and will listen to other schools." has to stop right?

Last edited:
Maybe with this recruiting strategy we will have a full scholarship roster for the first time ever..

Between kids transferring, kids leaving early and kids failing to qualify, it's impossible to ensure an exact 85 scholarship roster every year. Unless you're actively pulling kids' scholarships to stay under the cap. Most schools are operating in the area of 80-82.

Advertisement

Fairly sure this is common practice and that we've been doing it for eons.

Advertisement
Have no issue with doing this AS LONG AS we are being up front with the kids we are doing this with AND we don't ***** anyone just a couple days before they are ready to sign.

I'm all for playing the game, but leaving a 100% committed player who's been steadfastly committed to us high and dry right before his dream is being fufilled is total bull****.

That also means criticizing the comment "I'm 100% committed, but I'm still taking all my visits and will listen to other schools." has to stop right?
The kids aren't upfront so why do we have to be upfront? It's the nature of recruiting now in college football. Manny gotta do what's best for the program. It is what it is....

Advertisement
Kids decommit from schools all the time so unfortunately it’s time we start doing the same. I’ve been preaching for this strategy for years because we’ve been left holding our ****s on signing day too many times.

Advertisement
Back