Updated Rooster

Advertisement
If we're heading into the season with the team Richt left Manny we have some MAJOR holes throughout the team.

Where? We pretty much already are. Martell's the only one who could start on 8/24, and that's nowhere close to certain.

QB: 4
RB: 5
WR: 9
TE: 5
OL: 14
DL: 16
LB: 8
DB: 15
K: 1
P: 1

78 scholarship players including Murphy, Few, Hill, Phillips, Osborn, Martell, Bolden, Nnoruka, Traore, Hedley, Kennedy.

We would be in such horrific shape if Richt had not stepped down and Diaz didn't blitzkrieg the portal.

That's why we have so many walk-ons on this list.
Got to see we have bodies so we can have functioning practices without having to go 1v2s and vice versa.

Realus George looks 20 years older than he did when he signed with us, and that's saying something.

I don't get why you guys are saying this about him. Looks like he hasn't aged a day to me.

iu

Advertisement
chicken-647226_1280.jpg

Wait...how does one update a rooster?

On a serious note (not really) does it bother anyone else that multiple numbers are being used by two players? Are there that many retired numbers not available?

Where? We pretty much already are. Martell's the only one who could start on 8/24, and that's nowhere close to certain.

I mean seriously? Our portal haul has been lauded as the best in the country.

Osborne - instant starter and much needed veteran presence
Bolden - providing much needed depth for now. Will be competing for starting spot once he's been on campus long enough
Chigozie - competing for the starting job, will be heavily used regardless.
Hill - one of the best pass rushers in the ACC
and oh yeah, Martell. Whose immediate contribution was increasing the level of competition of the QB race and may end up our starting QB.

Unless you think we were fine being paper thin at the S position, inexperienced at WR, and didn't need a jolt in the QB race we definitely improved as a result of Manny not relying on the team he inherited from Richt.

Bolden - providing much needed depth for now. Will be competing for starting spot once he's been on campus long enough
and oh yeah, Martell. Whose immediate contribution was increasing the level of competition of the QB race and may end up our starting QB.

Unless you think we were fine being paper thin at the S position, inexperienced at WR, and didn't need a jolt in the QB race we definitely improved as a result of Manny not relying on the team he inherited from Richt.

I forgot about KJ, but he’s not filling a “major” hole. Most of these guys are providing depth and competition, it’s not like they’re replacing walk ons. I’m glad they’re here, but it’s laughable to compare this team to the one Richt inherited.

Advertisement

The portal was incredibly necessary and anyone who remotely disagrees is brainless.

Osborn will be our leading receiver this year, and that's just 1 kid.

I forgot about KJ, but he’s not filling a “major” hole. Most of these guys are providing depth and competition, it’s not like they’re replacing walk ons. I’m glad they’re here, but it’s laughable to compare this team to the one Richt inherited.
Everyone one of those guys could be potential starters. That's 5 starters. Pretty significant if you ask me.

And you're ****ting on a 2016 team that went 9-4 and would've done better had Richt not taken the month of October off delegating the play calling duties to Ask Madden. That offense was stacked and Manny showed how good our defense was. We definitely underachieved that season.

Everyone one of those guys could be potential starters. That's 5 starters. Pretty significant if you ask me.

And you're ****ting on a 2016 team that went 9-4 and would've done better had Richt not taken the month of October off delegating the play calling duties to Ask Madden. That offense was stacked and Manny showed how good our defense was. We definitely underachieved that season.
Don't forget, he had no issue with Kaaya leaving early because he didn't fit what Richt wanted to do, which was.... oh ****, I have no idea. I'd kill to have a QB like Kaaya throwing the ball to JT.

If Bolden keeps Knowles off the field, the portal did more for this team than any incoming player has ever done for any team in the history of sports.

Advertisement
Could grab a few more players from the portal for depth.. need more depth at CB and Linebacker

If 247s transfer portal rankings are correct the only immediately eligible CB that we could get is Tobias Moss from South Alabama. He is from South Florida so I could see it and he’s actually a solid player. The only immediately eligible LB is from Az State and has like 15 tackles in his career mostly on special teams.

Advertisement

WR would definitely be a "major" hole without KJ. Who is currently our 3rd best WR? Pope? Hightower? Wiggins? None of those guys are remotely proven. Not to mention there is unfortunately a decent chance that JT doesn't finish the season with the team, based on his history of quitting on teams (IIRC, last year was the 3rd time he's done so, going back to his HS days).

He's also been very good at ST throughout his career, and by all accounts has provided great leadership, in what is otherwise a very immature position group. He's as important an addition as we had this off-season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back