Updated portal importance list

Cane44

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
IMO:
- QB1
- Starting Safety
- Starting CB
- WR1 if available (wouldn't bring in anything at WR outside of a #1 guy)
- Starting DT (if Burroughs aint back)

beyond that, not really sure what areas we need a plug and play starter. And I'm trying to be loyal to our own guys in the depth areas to develop these two stud classes...

Advertisement
IMO:
- QB1
- Starting Safety
- Starting CB

beyond that, not really sure what areas we need a plug and play starter. And I'm trying to be loyal to our own guys in the depth areas to develop these two stud classes...
We could 'survive' with only a QB and a Safety at this point. DT looks a lot more positive than a year ago with Moten and Horton developing and ready to go and Scott will be a day 1 player. Jones could be too. Plus the 2 portal additions.

Hope we get to see Burroughs - he's extremely talented

After QB and Safety I hope they get a CB but I don't think they really plan on it. Also wish they would get a starting WR.. but again, not sure they plan on it. Missing on Smith likely makes them pivot to pursue someone there. After that, I think they're done.

IMO:
- QB1
- Starting Safety
- Starting CB
- WR1 if available (wouldn't bring in anything at WR outside of a #1 guy)

+ You already have one Safety in. You have to give the young guys an opportunity to battle for it before you pass them over.
+ Same for CB. I want to see what Brown and Richards look like this spring along with a few of the younger guys who got there in the summer.
+ They’ve locked up two guys in the portal who can give you a ton of snaps in a rotation; and signed a ton of guys. You also have guys already here who you need to take a look at to see if they’re on the right path developmentally.
+

+ You already have one Safety in. You have to give the young guys an opportunity to battle for it before you pass them over.
+ Same for CB. I want to see what Brown and Richards look like this spring along with a few of the younger guys who got there in the summer.
+ They’ve locked up two guys in the portal who can give you a ton of snaps in a rotation; and signed a ton of guys. You also have guys already here who you need to take a look at to see if they’re on the right path developmentally.
+
My thinking is the S they got from portal is a younger one to battle our own young guys. Was hoping we get 1 true starting safety that is experienced and obvious Safety1

Advertisement
We could 'survive' with only a QB and a Safety at this point. DT looks a lot more positive than a year ago with Moten and Horton developing and ready to go and Scott will be a day 1 player. Jones could be too. Plus the 2 portal additions.

Hope we get to see Burroughs - he's extremely talented

After QB and Safety I hope they get a CB but I don't think they really plan on it. Also wish they would get a starting WR.. but again, not sure they plan on it. Missing on Smith likely makes them pivot to pursue someone there. After that, I think they're done.
Jared Harrison Hunte coming back too?

Advertisement
Why are a lot of people saying DT? We have Cook and Clark to go along with Scott, Blount, and Jones. Those young guys are studs and will play early. IMO, WR isn't as big of a need as people think. I don't think you'll really find portal WRs that are better than Trader, Carr, Robinson, Washington, and Ray-Ray. Stewart is the only guy in the portal right now worth taking. CB and saftey would be huge

Advertisement
We already picked up 2 in the portal at DT so cross that one off. Also a big WR is a must with the loss of Colbie + missing JS. Add that on
I really think Horton has the ability to replace Colbie. He needs a big off season, but he has the ability.

Ok, I'll play:

QB - maybe two

CB/S

-I think Jacolby could be ready to be a #1. Swimmin' in slots - would love to find out if Ray-Ray's up for a Santana Moss-like role(outside). And the talented signees.

-also think we could have the corners w/Porter (pretty well locked it down) & Brown(younger)/Richard. But another would be nice.

S - wonder if we just need guys to play their role. I know they like Harris and they've already hit the portal. Smoke about Spencer too. And (name escapes) is in year 3, so it's put up or shut up time for him. And Patterson.

Last edited:
QB1 - Ward or Jefferson
QB3 - depth if Jacurri leaves
WR - someone who can be a 1/2 since George is also back and if Smith comes back as well
DT - another body, doubt it’ll be a major impact player with who we signed in portal
CB - would still love a top end CB but Porter has one spot and I assume Damari the other
S - still disappointed here. Figured whoever the best was we would land for both scheme and just need.

Advertisement
I know we don’t throw to the TE much anymore, but isn’t TE on the priority list- considering we just lost one to the portal? And of course if we decide to start throwing to that position again in the future.

Ok, I'll play:

QB - maybe two

CB/S

-I think Jacolby could be ready to be a #1. Swimmin' in slots - would love to find out if Ray-Ray's up for a Santana Moss-like role(outside). And the talented signees.

-also think we could have the corners w/Porter (pretty well locked it down) & Brown(younger)/Richard. But another would be nice.

S - wonder if we just need guys to play their role. I know they like Harris and they've already hit the portal. Smoke about Spencer too. And (name escapes) is in year 3, so it's put up or shut up time for him. And Patterson.
S Markeith Williams?

Advertisement
Back