Updated Height-Weight of Miami targets at Rivals 3 Stripe Miami Camp – Defense

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
Yesterday, we took a look at the Miami targets on offense that measured in at the Rivals 3 Stripe Miami Camp and blessed us with updated height-weight measurables. Today, we’ll take a peek at the defense.

To be clear, this is a list of targets that have gotten at least some level of interest from the Miami coaches; not all of them currently have offers.

A big Canes target that was in attendance, Anthony Solomon, did not measure in at the event.

DE

Cameron Williams, Chaminade-Madonna (2019) – 6’4” 224.5
Demetris Dorceus, Fort Lauderdale High (2019) – 6’1” 237.5
Khris Bogle, Cardinal Gibbons (2019) – 6’3” 200.5
Mike Morris, American Heritage B/D (2019) – 6’5” 257.5
Samuel Anaele, Norland (2020) – 6’3” 245.5

Thoughts: It’s not a coincidence how the four main defensive linemen that were in the running for DL MVP have all at least been contacted by Miami. We all already know how great Williams and Anaele are and both have good size. While Bogle was knifing through into the backfield all afternoon, he really needs to put on some pounds; he looks smaller than he was during the season. Morris had the most notable build, but sat out on the day. Dorceus is the only one from this group without an offer from the Canes and, at 6’1”, you just wish he could grow an extra inch or two. His brute strength is unreal and, even if the Canes don’t get more involved, he’ll be playing Power 5 somewhere.

DT

Jeramy Passmore, Columbus (2019) – 6’0” 245
Denzel Daxon, Norland (2019) – 6’1” 318
Elijah Roberts, Columbus (2020) – 6’2” 245.5
Willie Moise, Chaminade-Madonna (2020) – 6’5” 280.5

Thoughts: The DT’s were more or less a non-factor at the camp, especially when compared with the performance of the DE’s. It’s good to see Daxon is a legit 300+, while Moise’s build really impressed me for a rising junior. The Columbus duo of Passmore and Roberts are waiting on a Miami offer and look to be undersized at this time.

LB

Jahmar Brown, St. Thomas (2019) – 6’0” 192
Keontra Smith, Chaminade-Madonna (2019) 5’11” 199
Darius Williams, Norland (2019) – 6’0” 225
Ge’mon Eaford, Deerfield Beach (2019) – 6’0” 216

Thoughts: Like the DT’s, the LB’s didn’t make much noise at the camp. Smith took reps at both LB and S and is hearing from UM right now; it’ll be interesting to see where he ends up playing in college at 5’11”. Williams has packed on some serious weight since the end of his junior season, at least 10-15 pounds. Note Anthony Solomon won MVP here, but did not measure-in. He looked a little skinny, but has a nice frame to gain weight.

CB

Te'Cory Couch, Chaminade-Madonna (2019) - 5’10” 149
Jaden Davis, St. Thomas (2019) - 5’9” 166.5
Josh Sanguinetti, University School (2019) – 5’11” 168
Kaiir Elam, The Benjamin School (2019) – 6’1” 186
Demetries Ford, Columbus (2019) - 5’8” 168
Marcus Lafrance, St. Thomas (2019) - 6’1” 166
Deante Nelson, Pahokee (2019) – 5’10” 166
Jadarius McKnight, Dunbar (2020) – 5’10” 189
Corey Collier, Miami Palmetto (2021) – 6’0” 161
Jason Marshall, Miami Palmetto (2021) – 6’0” 167.5

Thoughts: There was probably more corners than any other position in attendance. Elam was easily the most physically impressive, while Green-McKnight was a close second. Couch looked small and really needs to gain weight at under 150 pounds. Ford, Lafrance, and Nelson are all in contact with the coaches as the Canes seem to be waiting on other targets first before sending out an offer.

S

Tyler Scott, University School (2019) – 5’9” 178
Jordan Battle, St. Thomas (2019) – 6’1” 186

Thoughts: Not many prospects listed themselves as a safety. Scott was thoroughly outplayed by Battle; both do not currently have offers. Battle could also challenge Elam for best frame out of all the DB’s.

ATH

Tyrique Stevenson, South Dade (2019) 6’0” 186.5
Mark-Antony Richards (2019) 6’0” 185
Derek Wingo, St. Thomas (2020) – 6’1” 207.5
Xavier Restrepo, St. Thomas (2020) – 5’9” 182.5

Thoughts: All four of these guys have really good builds, which helps their versatility. Restrepo played mainly WR, Wingo mainly LB, Richards mainly RB, and Stevenson mainly CB. Richards won RB MVP, while Restrepo and Stevenson both had great camps; all three sport Cane offers. Wingo was quieter and is still hoping for a UM offer.

Advertisement
Wasn't Passmore supposed to be a bigtime prospect? Kid is really small for DT, 6'0'' and under 250. I understand he's still in hs but that's a lot of weight to have to put on.

Advertisement
Stefan...At same time you have to be careful though. Sometimes it's best if the kid is reporting to let him go with it. Just saying...It is pure conjecture on my part, but that is what message boards are for

Last edited:
Yesterday, we took a look at the Miami targets that measured in at the Rivals 3 Stripe Miami Camp and blessed us with updated height-weight measurables. Today, we’ll take a peek at the defense.

To be clear, this is a list of targets that have gotten at least some level of interest from the Miami coaches; not all of them currently have offers.

A big Canes target that was in attendance, Anthony Solomon, did not measure in at the event.

DE

Cameron Williams, Chaminade-Madonna (2019) – 6’4” 224.5
Demetris Dorceus, Fort Lauderdale High (2019) – 6’1” 237.5
Khris Bogle, Cardinal Gibbons (2019) – 6’3” 200.5
Michael Morris, American Heritage B/D (2019) – 6’5” 257.5
Samuel Anaele, Norland (2020) – 6’3” 245.5

Thoughts: It’s not a coincidence how the four main defensive linemen that were in the running for DL MVP have all at least been contacted by Miami. We all already know how great Williams and Anaele are and both have good size. While Bogle was knifing through into the backfield all afternoon, he really needs to put on some pounds; he looks smaller than he was during the season. Morris had the most notable build, but sat out on the day. Dorceus is the only one from this group without an offer from the Canes and, at 6’1”, you just wish he could grow an extra inch or two. His brute strength is unreal and, even if the Canes don’t get more involved, he’ll be playing Power 5 somewhere.

DT

Jeramy Passmore, Columbus (2019) – 6’0” 245
Denzel Daxon, Norland (2019) – 6’1” 318
Elijah Roberts, Columbus (2020) – 6’2” 245.5
Willie Moise, Chaminade-Madonna (2020) – 6’5” 280.5

Thoughts: The DT’s were more or less a non-factor at the camp, especially when compared with the performance of the DE’s. It’s good to see Daxon is a legit 300+, while Moise’s build really impressed me for a rising junior. The Columbus duo of Passmore and Roberts are waiting on a Miami offer and look to be undersized at this time.

LB

Jahmar Brown, St. Thomas (2019) – 6’0” 192
Keontra Smith, Chaminade-Madonna (2019) 5’11” 199
Darius Williams, Norland (2019) – 6’0” 225
Ge’mon Eaford, Deerfield Beach (2019) – 6’0” 216

Thoughts: Like the DT’s, the LB’s didn’t make much noise at the camp. Smith took reps at both LB and S and is hearing from UM right now; it’ll be interesting to see where he ends up playing in college at 5’11”. Williams has packed on some serious weight since the end of his junior season, at least 10-15 pounds. Note Anthony Solomon won MVP here, but did not measure-in. He looked a little skinny, but has a nice frame to gain weight.

CB

Te’Corey Couch, Chaminade-Madonna (2019) - 5’10” 149
Jaden Davis, St. Thomas (2019) - 5’9” 166.5
Josh Sanguinetti, University School (2019) – 5’11” 168
Kaiir Elam, The Benjamin School (2019) – 6’1” 186
Demetries Ford, Columbus (2019) - 5’8” 168
Marcus Lafrance, St. Thomas (2019) - 6’1” 166
Deante Nelson, Pahokee (2019) – 5’10” 166
Jadarius Green-McKnight, Dunbar (2020) – 5’10” 189
Corey Collier, Miami Palmetto (2021) – 6’0” 161
Jason Marshall, Miami Palmetto (2021) – 6’0” 167.5

Thoughts: There was probably more corners than any other position in attendance. Elam was easily the most physically impressive, while Green-McKnight was a close second. Couch looked small and really needs to gain weight at under 150 pounds. Ford, Lafrance, and Nelson are all in contact with the coaches as the Canes seem to be waiting on other targets first before sending out an offer.

S

Tyler Scott, University School (2019) – 5’9” 178
Jordan Battle, St. Thomas (2019) – 6’1” 186

Thoughts: Not many prospects listed themselves as a safety. Scott was thoroughly outplayed by Battle; both do not currently have offers. Battle could also challenge Elam for best frame out of all the DB’s.

ATH

Tyrique Stevenson, South Dade (2019) 6’0” 186.5
Mark-Antony Richards (2019) 6’0” 185
Derek Wingo, St. Thomas (2020) – 6’1” 207.5
Xavier Restrepo, St. Thomas (2020) – 5’9” 182.5

Thoughts: All four of these guys have really good builds, which helps their versatility. Restrepo played mainly WR, Wingo mainly LB, Richards mainly RB, and Stevenson mainly CB. Richards won RB MVP, while Restrepo and Stevenson both had great camps; all three sport Cane offers. Wingo was quieter and is still hoping for a UM offer.

Brock just got a hard-on.

Advertisement
The aspect that saves the very light Te’Corey Couch, (Chaminade-Madonna (2019) - 5’10” 149) is his official 10.85--100m speed as a 10th grader and jumping ability-long jump 21-10.

Your report on what Kris Bogel really is 6-3/200 is far different from what is being reported time after time from a roster.

"UM covets Fort Lauderdale Cardinal Gibbons High defensive end Khris Bogle, who has 36 scholarship offers. He’s 6-5 and 215 pounds and is rated the No. 8 linebacker overall and No. 153 prospect overall."
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article200348829.html
Stefan wrote that he looked smaller than he had during the season, which would have been when he was last weighed.

Your report on what Kris Bogel really is 6-3/200 is far different from what is being reported time after time from a roster.

"UM covets Fort Lauderdale Cardinal Gibbons High defensive end Khris Bogle, who has 36 scholarship offers. He’s 6-5 and 215 pounds and is rated the No. 8 linebacker overall and No. 153 prospect overall."
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article200348829.html

Well, yeah, I don't know what to tell you. Kids and coaches can list themselves/prospects however they want on their own rosters. He went to an independent camp 5 days ago, measured in, and those were the numbers. I guess it's always possible Rivals typed it in wrong, but don't see what they would gain intentionally lying about it. Take it for what you will.

Advertisement
The aspect that saves the very light Te’Corey Couch, (Chaminade-Madonna (2019) - 5’10” 149) is his official 10.85--100m speed as a 10th grader and jumping ability-long jump 21-10.

I wouldn't worry about that weight. He's a Junior in H.S. Kids generally gain a lot of weight from 16/17 y.o. to 19/20 years old.

I hope we aren't holding back on offering excellent prospects like this because we're worried about his weight. He'll likely be 185 by his Sophomore year of college. Reminds me of Golden's refusal to offer Bandy until he "got taller."

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry about that weight. He's a Junior in H.S. Kids generally gain a lot of weight from 16/17 y.o. to 19/20 years old.

I hope we aren't holding back on offering excellent prospects like this because we're worried about his weight. He'll likely be 185 by his Sophomore year of college. Reminds me of Golden's refusal to offer Bandy until he "got taller."

That is a **** of a lot of weight to put on and his frame is not that structurally thick. Comparing Bandy to Bogel is apples and oranges. There are numerous DBs have played and are playing at high caliber in college and even the NFl at the 5-9/ 5-10 range. The DBs primary concern is their speed and quickness while defensive line is quickness and muscle mass.

Advertisement
That is a **** of a lot of weight to put on and his frame is not that structurally thick. Comparing Bandy to Bogel is apples and oranges. There are numerous DBs have played and are playing at high caliber in college and even the NFl at the 5-9/ 5-10 range. The DBs primary concern is their speed and quickness while defensive line is quickness and muscle mass.

Yes, I have seen him up close and he has a "flat" type build, lack of thickness from the side and relatively small hip, butt and upper legs. Gives him that quickness. I hope he can fill out to even 230-235 and be like Trent Harris as he is a fine pass rusher.. However, Harris arrived at the U as a possible LB before moving to DE at 6-2 and 225 but played eventually around 245-250 as an upperclassman. Harris had a thicker bone stricture. Only time will tell.

Last edited:
Well, yeah, I don't know what to tell you. Kids and coaches can list themselves/prospects however they want on their own rosters. He went to an independent camp 5 days ago, measured in, and those were the numbers. I guess it's always possible Rivals typed it in wrong, but don't see what they would gain intentionally lying about it. Take it for what you will.

I like your reporting and research/updates on players.

Advertisement
Back