Updated (Five-Star prospect Jalil Bethea has announced a commitment to Miami)

Advertisement
He's probably still doing things like that, because the students only give a **** when Duke/UNC come to town. I was in grad school when L was BEGGING undergrads to show up, he was still doing that when I was in Law School, even though he had gotten 2 Sweet 16 appearances and multiple tourney appearances by that time. L will do whatever it takes to draw support.
Yeah, didn't he and his assistants once bring free pizzas to the dorms, knocking on random doors to try and get students interested?

Then there was that day (some sort of annual Student Activities Day held on a Saturday afternoon) where the arena was its usually empty self for a game, and hundreds of students were just outside at the alternate festivities. Embarrassing.

Advertisement
23 class might be one of the best. 2 kids will be playing a lot as freshmen. And the transfer will probably start. No?

This class may jump the 22 class in playing time?

Advertisement
You are judging these guys off 17 games played. Give it at least a year and a half.
They may become something in 2 or 3 years but better recruiting would have us in top 10 in a down year from the powerhouses. These opportunities a scarce.

Advertisement
You are judging these guys off 17 games played. Give it at least a year and a half.

Don't sweat it. He's just a toxic piece of garbage. He can "predict", after 17 games, that the 2023 recruiting class is a bust.

Just look at the ****** freshman years of these two losers:

1705712110675.png

1705712213933.png

But what can you expect from the two worst recruits in our 2021 recruiting class? They were TERRIBLE.

That first guy in particular. Terrible field goal percentage, terrible 3-point percentage, terrible free-throw percentage. No way he ever makes it to the NBA.

Advertisement
I'm excited about Bethea and basketball is definitely a sport where freshmen can come in and be an instant impact early and often. I hope we as a fanbase don't look at him as a messiah figure and expect him to cure all of our team's ills overnight, though - especially if he does struggle in the beginning transitioning from HS to college. I'm willing to be patient with him and Swartz/Johnson-Arigu for sure.

Advertisement
Back