Updated film on Rosendo Louis MLB at Deerfield- physical

Advertisement
A Qaurterman type MLB. Can even drop into pass coverage and plays from side line to sideline..

Last edited:
Middle (Mike) Linebacker (4-3):

"The Mike LB in a 4-3 defense is larger than the 4-3 OLBs. Ideally he’s around with 240-250 lbs. with elite instincts. I want my MLB to play downhill towards the ball carrier when he gets the ball. I want him to be in attack mode all the time. He should be able to close on the ball in multiple gaps and clog the hole. Again, the ability to wrap up and drive through a tackle is absolutely necessary. Sometimes he will need to take on a FB and other times it will be a pulling guard. Power, aggression, and leverage are important to be able to blow up the play in the hole and make the tackle. Playing sideline to sideline is another important trait as if the play is strung out to the sideline he is usually the one who will get the clean shot on the RB. Consistency of play is important as the Mike backer is usually the core of the defense. Communication skills is an often overlooked trait that should be evaluated as the MLB is usually the one communicating play calls and adjustments to his defense. Football intelligence is another trait that must be well developed. Athleticism of the MLB should be described as functional. More athleticism is better, but this is one position where combine numbers fall short of telling you how good a player is. Film is the best way to determine this player’s functional athleticism. If the scheme is a cover 2, the Mike should have very good speed to drop into the deep bubble coverage in the middle of the field, then to change direction and drive on the ball. He will have to sort through traffic so good body control while keeping his head up is another trait to look for."

https://nflphilosophy.com/position-breakdown-linebackers/

Advertisement
This guy has the ability to be special with MR and company. At his height could weight 245 and can run> has those instincts that are nor easily taught.

i was the first to bring him up on the board. My fav South Fla Linebacker in the next class. Everyone has already offered him. When you watch Deerfield he is in on almost every tackle. And kid is 230 and can run.

Advertisement
when was the last time we got someone from that school? they seem to be quite bag prone up there.

Advertisement
When I skimmed the web page, I thought this was another thread on Ricardo Louis.

Does it hurt our chances that Jeudy is from his hs and going to Bama? Can't see it helping. Bama gonna drop heavy bags for this kid. Deerfield Beach has a lot of quality 2018 and 2019 kids from my understanding as well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back