Updated 2020 247 Rankings (3/14/18)

Hurricane Warrior

Retired staff
Premium
247 Just updated their rankings for 2020:
https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

Commits: (Previous Rank)
13 Leonard Manuel (7)
80 Avante Williams (14)

124 Marc Britt (NR)
168 Jermaine Burton (107)
171 Samuel Anaele (78)

247 Willie Moise (NR)
257 Trevon Riggins (69) Out of top 247 and now a 3*

Targets:
7 Paris Johnson Jr. (3)
36 Don Chaney Jr. (15)

44 Jalen Rivers (63)
47 Domoinic Mammarelli (NR)
63 DeMarkcus Bowman (NR)
67 Fred Davis (NR)

68 Harrison Bailey (50)
69 Max Johnson (72)
71 Henry Gray (NR)
86 Bryan Robinson (NR)

98 Miller Merriweather-Lewis (97)
117 Latarie Kinsler (104)
119 Chantz Williams (67)

122 Jaylan Knighton (NR)
123 Timothy Smith (NR)
179 Marcus Dumervil (NR)

187 Kevin Swint (57)
221 Drew Pyne (80)

NR Lejond Cavazos
NR Xavier Resrepo
NR Luke Doty
NR Rashad Torrence II
NR Jayion McCluster
NR Xzavier Henderson

No Offers:
33 Marcus Rosemy (NR)
NR Kahill Brantley
NR Derek Wingo

Last edited:
Advertisement
Truly believe these sites collude to drop the rankings of players commited to UM. Avantae no longer a 5*, Leonard isn’t a top 5 player anymore, etc....

Btw absolutely shocked we haven’t offered Marcus Rosemy or Devon Betty yet.

Last edited:
Truly believe these sites collude to drop the rankings of players commited to UM. Avantae no longer a 5*, Leonard isn’t a top 5 player anymore, etc....

Btw absolutely shocked we haven’t offered Marcus Rosemy or Devon Betty yet.
Almost everyone that was previously ranked dropped due to the players being added. Not sure this is just a Miami bias.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So you agree with Samuel Anaele and Avantae dropping 80 + spots?
Well, I can't really say I disagree... at this point it's so early that these rankings don't mean much. A lot more names will emerge after their JUNIOR season in HS. Most of these guys are early bloomers and have been on the radar early, especially the guys who were initially ranked like Avantae and Riggins who both dropped a ton. Avantae has been listed as 6'0" 170 since the 8th grade and has not grown much similar to Diamante who was once ranked as a 5* at 6'2, 185 LB, problem is he is still 6'2 185 2 years later.

Avantae did not play much at IMG for the main squad and then transferred out, he also does not start or play much for his 7-on-7 team based on what I have read. 5* stars should be starting and dominating in HS. Let's see how he does this year.

Anaele was a physical freak with no football experience last year and got ranked based on his potential. He has yet to perform on the field so you can't really complain about him still been ranked in the top 200 ahead of guys like Riggins.

Riggins was previously ranked high as a prototypical 6'4" 260 lbs SDE , he is now listed at 6'1.5" and 273 lbs after the Opening and will be playing DT at IMG.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the rankings but to say that there is a bias based on these rankings is something that I would disagree with at this point.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back