Updated 1/14 -Per Ivins - 1/12/21 - Blake/Patke/Simpson - Jess Brought Back. Blake remains DC.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I see it from this angle, whoever is hired at Dline coach, along with T-Rob, will get the opportunity to learn manny’s defense blended with a little of their philosophy to call plays in a year or 2. Clear manny is steadfast in his defensive scheme, and rightfully so due to personal. So I think this is his way of meeting in the middle.

You could be correct.

I have believed all along that Baker wasn't going anywhere. Firing him would be the end of his defensive philosophy, which I'm sure he still believes in. Diaz isn't ready to let go of that, not yet as it's what got him to where he is.

Advertisement
I wouldn’t be surprised if this were the case. I don’t think Manny has a huge network to fall back on and I don’t think he’s viewed positively, especially as a defensive mind. It would be hard to hitch your wagon to a guy that has had to clean house on both sides of the ball due to poor decision making. I don’t really see it as a failure of Manny; these issues were known with his lack of experience and available contacts. This is on James who hired him anyway after a quick brunch and a power nap. It’s cool though cuz we will be replacing both next year if Manny can’t find a competent DC
lmao

told you guys not to get your hopes up

if only you knew the truth about manny's "firings" in the first place.. oh man oh man this place would be something.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Obviously, we’re not sure if he would find success as a college coach, but I must say I wasn’t impressed with his NFL track record. And I’m a Bills fan.
I’m not saying he’s some great coach or anything but comparing his resume to Manny’s is comical. He would have been a better hire than Manny just based off of his relationships and coaches he could have brought with him. I can guarantee there wouldn’t have been any former bartenders coaching for us.

At this point I don’t know who knows what’s going on. I would be in favor of bringing back Jess Simpson but if we’re going to go for round three of Blake Baker butchering the defense, we’re going nowhere fast.
i like simpson as a coach and person.

i think it’s a very bad sign re manny if he’s bringing back simpson at this point. it can only mean one or both of two things - he can’t find new talented people who want to work with him or he can’t let go of his comfort zone. Either issue cam be fatal and together they’re ebola.

Advertisement
Back