Updated 1/14 -Per Ivins - 1/12/21 - Blake/Patke/Simpson - Jess Brought Back. Blake remains DC.

Advertisement
Its been stated that Patke most likely is staying on as the ST coach and wont be anywhere near coaching LBs or anything else on that side of the ball.

Advertisement
I mean it’s HS but he called his own D for 22 years at Buford and they were dominant.

HS offensive coaches have been successful in college. And the gap is usually in the ability to teach it and correlate to players because defense is still defense everywhere you go... sooo I don’t think it’s too far fetched
Would you say Simpson comes back with the understanding he has more input in the defense? I'd find it hard to believe he would come back to a job he left because he had no real input and felt like an "outsider". Granted, Banda is gone and maybe that was the primary point of friction. There would be TRob and possibly DVD as new voices in the defensive staff room. Would that be enough ?

I wonder where Telly Lockette fits in....

Advertisement
The way things are shaping up, I would not be surprised to see Manny take over defensive play-calling and demote Baker to LB. Lashlee has received a substantial raise (was reported, not sure if confirmed), so he can be trusted to handle the offense, as he has been doing. Bring in quality, experienced coaches like T-Rob and maybe Simpson, so less hand-holding on Defense.

Would you say Simpson comes back with the understanding he has more input in the defense? I'd find it hard to believe he would come back to a job he left because he had no real input and felt like an "outsider". Granted, Banda is gone and maybe that was the primary point of friction. There would be TRob and possibly DVD as new voices in the defensive staff room. Would that be enough ?

I wonder where Telly Lockette fits in....
They’re probably humble coming off this season. Prior years were always top 15 and they were on their high horse. I expect Telly or DVD to get some random assistant job on field. The other? I have no idea. Probably at risk of losing or you get 1 more year of them in an off field role

Last thing I heard from someone close to Simpson was he still had no offer. Just a quick conversation to see if he was interested. That was Sunday I believe.

You know how he rolls.... The story has morphed into he never said "never transferring" but he said "at this time"

People say Ferman is dumb, but that **** plays 6D chess. You can NEVER be wrong if you say a person is not transferring "at this time" unless you say it at the exact same time as the player's announcement.

Ferman is the Rain Man of UM website writers...

Advertisement
We should probably wait til everything is announced before we go off the ledge. Sounds like a number of different factors are in play so I’ll just wait to see if we get the DC we need.

Way too logical.

I need 24-7-365 hot-takes that contradict each other every few minutes.

I need porsters analyzing every UM quote (and especially the things that the coaches DON'T say) as if they were Talmudic scholars.

I need hundreds of separate threads advocating for the retroactive firing of every Miami coach back to 2001.

Advertisement
Way too logical.

I need 24-7-365 hot-takes that contradict each other every few minutes.

I need porsters analyzing every UM quote (and especially the things that the coaches DON'T say) as if they were Talmudic scholars.

I need hundreds of separate threads advocating for the retroactive firing of every Miami coach back to 2001.
These pay sites have been late and/or wrong every step of the way with the portal and the coaching search. No one should get bent out of shape just yet.

These pay sites have been late and/or wrong every step of the way with the portal and the coaching search. No one should get bent out of shape just yet.

Agreed.

I still want to hear from porsters who know how to utilize a time machine to re-recruit every high school kid based on his NFL stats.

I thought when Simpson left for NFL it was said that he did not like recruiting much. Maybe I am mistaken and remember wrong.....

Advertisement
Back