Update On The Martin Emerson Situation

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
Martin Emerson's visit schedule has been extremely difficult to keep track of as it has changed so many times over the past couple of weeks. I am going to do my best of explaining what happened and then letting you guys know where things stand as of now. Originally, CanesInSight had heard that Emerson was going to be taking his official visit to Miami the weekend of December 13th. Then, when it became clear Emerson wanted to wait until February to sign, his official visit to Miami got pushed back to after the early signing period and he was supposed to be in Mississippi the weekend of December 13th. Well it appears things have changed again as I have learned that Emerson visited Mississippi State this past weekend and will in fact be in Miami this upcoming weekend. The plan right now for Emerson is to still wait until February to sign with the school of his choice, but I expect Miami will try to get him to sign early should they be able to flip him.

Advertisement
Any knowledge of momentum or where he’s trending?

Advertisement
I've always like this kid and think hhe can be really productive in the future. Speaking of Miss St commits though Matt anything at all on Darius Washington?

Miami should just bring him in January if he’s not signing early
Agreed guys not signing earlier should visit later so it is closer to NSD. I do get that if they come this weekend they will be with the majority of their class, I guess that is the push there.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Martin Emerson's visit schedule has been extremely difficult to keep track of as it has changed so many times over the past couple of weeks. I am going to do my best of explaining what happened and then letting you guys know where things stand as of now. Originally, CanesInSight had heard that Emerson was going to be taking his official visit to Miami the weekend of December 13th. Then, when it became clear Emerson wanted to wait until February to sign, his official visit to Miami got pushed back to after the early signing period and he was supposed to be in Mississippi the weekend of December 13th. Well it appears things have changed again as I have learned that Emerson visited Mississippi State this past weekend and will in fact be in Miami this upcoming weekend. The plan right now for Emerson is to still wait until February to sign with the school of his choice, but I expect Miami will try to get him to sign early should they be able to flip him.

E53278DA-ABFE-4378-A0E3-71E5FE8AF570.gif

Advertisement
Kid looks like he could be a hammer at the next level. Mississippi State had Abram this year at safety who was a stud, and Emerson might be in that mold.

Take regardless of who else we get, especially with our lack of proven depth in the secondary.

He’s a cb right? So hopefully him, Brownlee, Couch, and longshot for Dent. Then safety Stevenson, Smith, and someone else? I’m sure the staff will move one of the cbs to safety for depth.

Advertisement
Back