update on butch

nycane

All-ACC
Premium
for what its worth.
Barry Jackson doesnt think he will be in the running.
Matty Porter thinks he will be in consideration.

Bottom line, NO ONE KNOWS.
I have my fingers crossed tho. i think his return could lead to something special.

Advertisement
for what its worth.

I have my fingers crossed tho. i think his return could lead to something special.
I've always said that.
Yes, there are couple of issues him and his agent has to work on with James and the BOT members who they can contact. But if those issues were worked out, everybody, including those who have misgivings about bringing him back, knows he is a **** of coach who is a perfect fit for Miami.

Matty Port does not anything at all. I trust Barry most of the time.

barry is typically reliable but he told me today he would be surprised if golden was fired. i think he was caught off guard because of the dolphins game.

Advertisement
If these aholes had any insight they would have known about him getting fired today.
They know nothing.

for what its worth.

Split decisions go with the fact that UM BoTs are indeed split between the "eye rollers" and those that want Butch coz they just want to return to winning big without risks of last three hires.

I'll tell you something for fact through an alumni of the 91 team who's still close to the program. Chud one of the front runners, that I was told few weeks back. Said that Butch is still held in high regard by some of the older BOT's but some view him as toxic.

Butch, Chud, Fuente or Herman or BUST!

Advertisement
UPDATE ON BUTCH

The Miami New Times sports/prostitutes section gives him a 50/50 chance, though there's only a 10% chance of that.

pete came up clutch today. amazing that he knows more than guys like Reynolds. pete also said butch won't happen.

I'll tell you something for fact through an alumni of the 91 team who's still close to the program. Chud one of the front runners, that I was told few weeks back. Said that Butch is still held in high regard by some of the older BOT's but some view him as toxic.

Lmao at Chud being a front runner. Terrible.

Lmao at Chud being a front runner. Terrible.

that is accurate about butch. i said a ton of times. my friend who played back when chud was hear said he would be a good choice but the second and nfl team calls, he is gone and we have to start over again.

Herman has grown on me. i dont want Fuente, he has no defense. I want killers on defense again.

Advertisement

Last year I was told Chud was "the guy"if Al was fired and no chance at butch. Too many butt hurt members on bot

At least there are some in the BOT who want Butch back. I don't understand the view of Butch being toxic. Toxic how? He rebuilt this program after the Pell Grant scandal and the loss of 31 scholarships. Toxic because of North Carolina? For the 100 billionth time, Butch has been completely exonerated of any wrongdoing by the NCAA and the Governor of North Carolina!!!! I don't understand creating problems where none exist.

So these incompetent soft shouldered political stooges are going to turn their backs on the coach that actually brought this program back from the dead and ostracize him for the sake of political optics? Again, the man(Butch) has been fully and officially exonerated and cleared of any wrongdoing but that's not enough for them? There is no controversy. It makes no sense whatsoever. I'm almost starting to think that what The BOT really fears is Butch bringing this program back again. The BOT doesn't want UM to be an elite program. That's the only thing that makes sense. All this garbage about North Carolina and his leaving to Cleveland is just a convenient smokescreen that they use to hide their true motives.

Hopefully, there is a way that we the fans can convince the anti Butch faction of the BOT to see reason.

Last edited:

At least there are some in the BOT who want Butch back. I don't understand the view of Butch being toxic. Toxic how? He rebuilt this program after the Pell Grant scandal and the loss of 31 scholarships. Toxic because of North Carolina? For the 100 billionth time, Butch has been completely exonerated of any wrongdoing by the NCAA and the Governor of North Carolina!!!! I don't understand creating problems where none exist.

So these incompetent soft shouldered political stooges are going to turn their backs on the coach that actually brought this program back from the dead and ostracize him for the sake of political optics? Again, the man(Butch) has been fully and officially exonerated and cleared of any wrongdoing but that's not enough for them? There is no controversy. It makes no sense whatsoever. I'm almost starting to think that what The BOT really fears is Butch bringing this program back again. The BOT doesn't want UM to be an elite program. That's the only thing that makes sense. All this garbage about North Carolina and his leaving to Cleveland are just a convenient smokescreen that they use to hide their true motives.

Hopefully, there is a way that we the fans can convince the anti Butch faction of the BOT to see reason.

This^^^^^

100% spot on. The BoT just wants squeaky clean image, not to be dominant again.

They know that Butch would let the savages out of the cage and tell them to bring him back some heads on a pike.

The move that makes the most sense and the majority of the fan base wants is the one move they won't make.

They'll just wind up shytting on the fan base once again.

Advertisement
Aren't former players now the advisors on the new coaching hire? If so, I strongly believe Butch will get a serious look and now other media outlets are saying the same thing from what they gather...

If not Butch, we shouldn't hear a DAM thing about money being the issue with the new coach.
Butch would show up and win with any reasonable offer

Advertisement
Back