Update - Clarification from David Lake, 247 TODAY

Frenk should just come out and say “I have determined that we need a cultural change within our athletic department. We are going in a new direction. We will be thorough and diligent in our search for an AD who can return our athletic programs to national prominence. This includes an enhanced commitment at the highest levels to provide the resources needed to suceed at the desired level. Whomever is hired, will be afforded the discretion to make whatever changes are deemed necessary, including personnel decisions. We already have some outstanding candidates, who we are vetting, and we believe a decision on that will come fairly quickly. In the meantime, we respectfully ask for patience during this process.
This only happens at real universities. We are Joke U

Advertisement
The "Kids" comes from the Scoobie Doo quote. Has nothing to do with the age of the people blocking change at UM.

The "woke" aspect is a separate discussion. Let me ask you this: What if the reason Epstein/Bass/et al are blocking this change is because of politics? Would it then be a suitable subtopic for discussion?
That’s a Miami politics and diaz senior thing so yes - which is different from the typical American non stop obsession in EVERY ******* TOPIC left vs right when neither apply

Any idea on when we hear something official?
AD 100% prior to the end of the season, aka whatever half ****ed bowl game we play. The timeline has been expedited to JF based on the Mullen firing and other movement amongst programs. His ear has been filled with the importance as far as losing guys via transfer and to a lesser extent recruiting as far as timeline goes although it’s not the end all be all. I’d be willing to say 1st week of December at the latest, aka within two weeks. Obviously the coaching decision will come soon after. And the AD decision is very incumbent upon the coaching search, aka not with Manny in mind and who is in mind.

Keep in mind. Manny was done prior to FSU. Manny is not in play. Right now there’s zero animosity or leverage being thrown on JF by those that truly matter because that’s understood. Win at Duke by 40 and a bowl win will not change things. Part of the approach with not canning Manny along with BJ was who they are targeting is still involved in the season it’s not happening anyways right now. AD is the only concern but I believe they will get it right. On the same note anyone who says they know as opposed to what they think based on what they’ve heard or feel is full of it in regards to AD. I will say again Manny is done, that’s a given.

Advertisement
This narrative of a ‘power struggle’ happening at Miami with the AD and potential head coaching search is disingenuous. Where is the power struggle? President Julio Frenk is in power and he and his advisors are making changes.

Miami does not have a AD…no power there. The board of trustees is toothless (the decision to part ways from Blake James was made without their input for a reason)…no power there either.

HERE IS THE NEWS: Frenk and his advisors will hire the AD, which is currently going through a search firm process. The AD and Frenk will then make a decision on Manny Diaz.

President Julio Frenk and his advisors are attacking the status quo and these aggressive changes are making people uncomfortable. Are you all satisfied with the status quo? These type of massive changes need to happen if Miami is going to move forward and have success. The problem is systemic.

Again, people in the Hecht building and on the BoT leaking out that Manny Diaz is on the cusp of returning is disingenuous. Interim AD Jenn Strawley is not a candidate for the AD position. That would be a status quo move and the people making this decision don’t want the status quo.

These narratives are damaging because they characterize Miami as a circus (which it isn’t), but this circus narrative is something that the status quo people want to put out there because it could potentially scare quality AD candidates and scare a potential quality coach. These narratives are a shining example of why a total culture reset is needed.

Don’t fall for it. It needs to stop.

Screenshot this and post it wherever.

Advertisement
Frenk seems like the guy who did not appreciate his name being thrown to the wolves by GameDay. If all goes well with the AD and new HC then we should build a statue of Kirk Herbstreit.
Yea, when the heat reached his doorstep he took notice and got 'trusted advisors' involved. Fans have been taking Frenk to task for a while, but when criticism comes from a national platform like Herbstreit and Howard he had to respond. Shame is a powerful motivator.

Advertisement
Yea, when the heat reached his doorstep he took notice and got 'trusted advisors' involved. Fans have been taking Frenk to task for a while, but when criticism comes from a national platform like Herbstreit and Howard he had to respond. Shame is a powerful motivator.
Last thing a politician wants is getting called out in public.

Here's my guess: There's been speculation for a while now that the DNC has been courting Manny Sr. to run against DeSantis next year. My guess is that the Epstein/Hillary Bass cabal thinks it will be seen negatively in South Florida if mini-manny is fired from UM.

It could also have ties to UM hosting a Gubernatorial Debate next fall. That would allow them to stack the deck with questions and moderators.

Just speculation on my part at this point, but ya know what they say: If if looks like a duck, quacks like a duck... :noidea:

LOL - are they trying to lose by a multiple of ten? Even the FL DP isn’t this dumb. Apparently very few people realize that Sr is a has been that has no juice.

But it’s a **** good story, you should try it as a screenwriter

The "Kids" comes from the Scoobie Doo quote. Has nothing to do with the age of the people blocking change at UM.

The "woke" aspect is a separate discussion. Let me ask you this: What if the reason Epstein/Bass/et al are blocking this change is because of politics? Would it then be a suitable subtopic for discussion?

I know the Scooby Doo quote, I've used it as a reference my entire adult life. One of my fraternity brothers and I would try to one-up each other with movie and TV references. Good times...

If you are trying to justify shoe-horning political commentary and non-stop "woke" references into all of your posts based on "what if" rationale, that's up to you. I accurately pointed out that the old guard is not doing this for political reasons. I don't want to bore everyone to death with a lengthy discourse on UM history, the inner workings of a particular UM honor society, or a discussion on the South Florida business rivalries and jealousies of the past few decades. Those discussions are better saved for DMs and text messages, as I have been doing with numerous posters on the board who live in Florida and know these issues well.

It is easy to get distracted on these issues when we spend time on the wrong issues. Woke students. Jenn Strawley. Donna Shalala. None of those issues matter to the current crisis that Miami is navigating.

Our fanbase, and this board, have had a sizable impact on what Miami is currently doing to (belatedly) address Athletics generally and football specifically. LOTS of people read this board and take their talking points from the things that are discussed here. The very fact that multiple sports writers have addressed "Jenn Strawley" in their reports is just an indication that they read this board and mistakenly think she is some sort of player in the drama.

The real issue has always been the interactions of the President and the Board of Trustees, particularly since it is not clear when and how the BOT will offer another 5-year contract to the President. The work of Echevarria and Fernandez has been fascinating. The double and triple reverses of certain BOT members has been stunning, not to mention the LEAKING and the battle between the black pawn (Ferman) and the white pawn (Lake). In 35 years, I have never seen this level of insanity on the BOT, they are normally buttoned-down silent killers. I've been expecting a day (or month or year) of reckoning to come for the past 2 years since the BOT (again, belatedly) accepted Jose Mas into their ranks, but the last few months have been next-level sheeeeeeit.

So grab your popcorn and enjoy the show. I assure you, this is not about modern-era R vs. D politics or wokeness. It's about multi-millionaires and their wallets and their egos and their d!cks.

Ruiz and Lambert are going to be...interesting to watch. Will the UM BOT keep the (soon-to-be) richest man in Florida off the Board? Will there be residual anger towards Lambert because he pants-ed Beta Blake in the Miami Herald? I **** well know that the behavioral conservative CEO-types on the BOT are going to have major heartburn with an attorney that advertises on TV (I did a law review paper on lawyer advertising in Florida, it's a very emotional subject in the industry). I want to be in the front seat of this rollercoaster, because it's going to be a wild ride.

Enjoy the holidays, everyone, hopefully we will get some resolution soon.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Let's think about this. Who benefits the most from the narrative that there's a power struggle?
I will never understand how successful business and professional BOT members can be so selfish that they willingly Sabotage progress and change. I mean how psychotic are the bad apples on the BOT that they are volunteering to get on the titanic knowing it’s a sinking ship. Not even from a football or fan perspective, how could they be this incompetent and this divided. They are only hurting the kids and players that it’s truly all for.

Not giving these student athletes the best opportunity to succeed and deliberately trying to sabotage the process to a less qualified coach or AD so they get what they want breaks my heart for the players and all the fans that spend time and money on this program. Majority of us have loved Miami since we can remember and our fate has been decided the last 20 years by pathetic ***** on the BOT. It is really amazing they can be this bad and this harmful to the student athletes and still have jobs. Their ego maniacs who don’t know anything about football or being a successful program. Manny Sr, Epstein, Dimare and whoever else are trying to sabotage this I hope your wife’s all cheated on you. ****less Cucks

And by the way, nobody needs to take the "no politics" comment so personally. Given a choice between "staying focused on UM's issues with Athletics" or "making the thousandth comment on Ron DeSantis and his re-election", I choose to stay focused, and I hope everyone else will too.

And by the way, nobody needs to take the "no politics" comment so personally. Given a choice between "staying focused on UM's issues with Athletics" or "making the thousandth comment on Ron DeSantis and his re-election", I choose to stay focused, and I hope everyone else will too.
Much appreciated and it will stay on topic.

Advertisement
Back