Unsportsmanlike penalty at the end of the game

Advertisement
Dats da type of undisciplined **** dat can cost u a game. Bama don't do stupid crap like dat.

I don't understand why FSU didn't have some razzle dazzle multi-lateral Duke-esque kickoff return strategy. Dude took the kick and ran into a crowd.

when fsu players aren't getting help from the tally police, the university, officials and God knows what else..

they're pretty bad actually

I don't understand why FSU didn't have some razzle dazzle multi-lateral Duke-esque kickoff return strategy. Dude took the kick and ran into a crowd.

This is actually a great point. I think FSU ST coach was such in shock and so was the team that they couldnt snap out of it and rally his team enough to even orchestrate something like we did against Duke 2 years ago. They thought they had us after they scored with 1min left... The coaching staff had the mentality that the game was over. So the players took on that same attitude. And when we scored..they were phucked mentally. JMO.

Advertisement
Absolutely ridiculous. Penalizing kids for celebrating. If there's taunting or anything like that, ok, i get it. But some kids celebrate a game winning, last second touchdown against a rival and you're throwing flags? Gtfo.

Dats da type of undisciplined **** dat can cost u a game. Bama don't do stupid crap like dat.

I thought most of our fans wanted the old swagger back? The canes of old probably averaged four unsportsmanlike penalties a game. Ha

I actually think our players sometimes play more fired up after getting a crap penalty like that. Against Toledo we got a turnover and our player took his helmet off and got penalized. The coaches didn't care, the players didn't care, and we scored like two plays later. Disciplining a player right in that moment can sometimes stifle the momentum and vibe on the sideline.

I much prefer that over Randy Shannon running out on the field and yelling at Brandon Jennings for celebrating a turnover in a huge game.

This is actually a great point. I think FSU ST coach was such in shock and so was the team that they couldnt snap out of it and rally his team enough to even orchestrate something like we did against Duke 2 years ago. They thought they had us after they scored with 1min left... The coaching staff had the mentality that the game was over. So the players took on that same attitude. And when we scored..they were phucked mentally. JMO.

I think you're digging too deep. I think the simple reason is that some folks are just **** stupid. LOL I've mentioned this for as long as I can remember, but I've never understood how cats simply get tackled on plays like that. I was like a proud father watching that Arkansas game a couple of years back where dude literally just flung the ball backwards over his head not knowing who would actually get the ball, but knowing there was no way in **** he was going to be tackled WITH the ball in his hands.

If I'm the coach it's pretty simple. Listen guys, the game may end on a scoop and score, the game may end with the other team simply pouncing on the ball, but there's no way in **** this game should end with one of you getting tackled or getting knocked out of bounds with the ball in your hands.

Advertisement

I think you're digging too deep. I think the simple reason is that some folks are just **** stupid. LOL I've mentioned this for as long as I can remember, but I've never understood how cats simply get tackled on plays like that. I was like a proud father watching that Arkansas game a couple of years back where dude literally just flung the ball backwards over his head not knowing who would actually get the ball, but knowing there was no way in **** he was going to be tackled WITH the ball in his hands.

If I'm the coach it's pretty simple. Listen guys, the game may end on a scoop and score, the game may end with the other team simply pouncing on the ball, but there's no way in **** this game should end with one of you getting tackled or getting knocked out of bounds with the ball in your hands.

Good point, they ended the game with the ball and still had TO's remaining, why not call a TO and try to set up some sort of return?

Used to be called the Miami penalty. All started because of the wild celebrations by hurricane players. A part of where the name thug u started. Culture at that time did not condone celebrating. As poster above states even after they started calling it our players did not stop. I loved it

Last edited:
We're not going to get into why so many opposing fans call Miami "thug U", but it sure ain't because of penalties.

Advertisement
If they overturned that TD. Where would we have had to kick the field goal from?

If my math is correct, we would have been looking at like a 50 yarder.

How? Langham would have been down a foot at most outside the end zone. Tack on the fifteen yard penalty, we're at the 16 yard line. That's a 33 yard field goal.

But does an unsportsmanlike penalty for a TD celebration get waved off if the TD doesn't count? Genuine question, though I suspect it stands.

If they overturned that TD. Where would we have had to kick the field goal from?

If my math is correct, we would have been looking at like a 50 yarder.

How? Langham would have been down a foot at most outside the end zone. Tack on the fifteen yard penalty, we're at the 16 yard line. That's a 33 yard field goal.

But does an unsportsmanlike penalty for a TD celebration get waved off if the TD doesn't count? Genuine question, though I suspect it stands.

Ya got to read the thread!:Qft9gEw:

IMG950264.jpg

You can't get a better view than that. Although the replay booth did not have this view.

Advertisement
Referee to Dennis Erickson during Cotton Bowl: "Coach, you need to get your guys under control or we're gonna keep throwing flags."

Dennis Erickson: "F--k you. We're going to win anyway."

Some of our players on the bench ran out to midfield...that's what got us a penalty.

Voila. Also, a majority of these Cane fans, BUT NOT ALL, still don't fathom how much HATE, CONTEMPT and ANIMOSITY most college football fans have for Miami Hurricane football. And believe or not. Those sentiments apply to officiating crews. Albeit NOT all conference officiating crews.
Heck, I guess Cane fan forgot about the infamous NCAA ' taunting and celebrating ' rule initiated back in the mid-90's. It was called the MIAMI RULE (penalty). Literally LMFAO

Advertisement
Back