UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT: Richt has the skillsets to be a great HC

The worst thing for a man in his career is to not, after many years, understand what he truly is and can do. The worst concession was to allow him to be the OC and the most damaging thing for Mark is for him not to have the self-awareness to recognize it.

If he became a Bobbah Bowden, then he could take us to the glory land! The problem is his pride and unwillingness and inability to see himself for who he truly is.

With Meyer gone and Saban nearing retirement, he has an opportunity to fill in that void in CFB and he can absolutely do it! But, will he...?

He should be raising money, kissing babies, recruiting, "aw shucksing" reporters, etc. Hire good people, treat them well, let them do what they do and go to a 30,000 foot view.

The most painful thing is knowing that it is within his power to right the ship and take his rightful mantle as HC/Overseer/Grand Marshall of the Parade/Guy. It's almost too late, but I still believe if he had an epiphany this offseason (VERY unlikely) he could become Tom Osbourne and experience real success before handing the mantle to someone else.

I know it's highly unlikely to happen, but since he won't be let go of (what I actually want) then this is what I'm left hoping for.

Lmao nah fam, he’s done. He shoulda stayed retired after UGA let him go. He just doesn’t have the mental and motivational capacity to be an elite coach in today’s age of college football.

Advertisement
We will see how much of a dead man Richt is when he wins the coastal next year behind a 9-1 or even 10-0 record. The schedule for 2019 is pathetic and our defense alone should be able to shut down 95% of the ACC teams we play. Florida is our only real competition next year. Please remember to look back at this thread (and look for this post) in 2019 when we are winning games against the likes of N.C, G.T, V.T. Louisville, Virginia, Central Michigan, etc. on our way to a Coastal championship and probably top 10 ranking nationally. The schedule is so pathetic that we probably won't get to be able to crack the top 5 without a win in the ACCCG game but we will see.

I'll try to remember this thread, and I hope I'm wrong. I obviously want this team to do well and improve. I get no joy in seeing Mark Richt and this team fail and flounder like this. However, we have seen enough of this offense (3 years) to know it is not going to improve with Richt and sons' in charge. We are NOT going 9-1 or 10-0 with this offense, no way! We are talking about an offense that scores 14 or fewer points against teams like VA, Duke, BC, Pitt etc... ****, we passed for 52 yards last week. 52 yards!!

He has made zero changes to the O, NONE!! And I don't believe he will. If by some miracle he fires his son, Brown and Searels, it will be too late in my opinion.

Our schedule will not be worse than this year and we saw how that turned out. Furthermore, as good as Manny is, our defense IS going to take a step back next year due to personnel turnover. It's inevitable..

And if you are hoping for a repeat 2017 season, I got news for you - 2017 was an aberration, we got extremely lucky in several games. It was all smoke and mirrors that eventually came crashing down after luck ran out.

I think your optimism is based purely on hope and is not grounded in reality.

He can’t be a a great CEO head coach because:

1. He’s old
2. Low energy
3. Low T
4. Disinterested
5. Recruiting at a garbage level
6. Can’t make consistently great hires
7. Can’t motivate

For this to work he needs to be Dabo. Richt isn’t some fires up hard *** motivator that kills it in recruiting and hires great staff and let’s them work.

He’s had a few great hires but overall he doesn’t make great hires and instead of doing so on offense and getting out of the way he’s busy humiliating himself. He won’t turn it over to more qualified people.

He’s missing most of the key attributes here.

Lmao bruh Low T.

Where’s Frank Thomas and Nugenix when you need it.

Rick is addicted to Ambien.

The only skill set he possesses is the ability to barely stay awake for 4 quarters during the game.

Advertisement
1. Mork has the Fired-By-Georgia skillset perfected

2. Needs work on his Retired-With-Gobs-O'-Money skillset

3. Mork's HC skillset ran it's course and died long ago, in Georgia (see 1, repeat)

We will see how much of a dead man Richt is when he wins the coastal next year behind a 9-1 or even 10-0 record. The schedule for 2019 is pathetic and our defense alone should be able to shut down 95% of the ACC teams we play. Florida is our only real competition next year. Please remember to look back at this thread (and look for this post) in 2019 when we are winning games against the likes of N.C, G.T, V.T. Louisville, Virginia, Central Michigan, etc. on our way to a Coastal championship and probably top 10 ranking nationally. The schedule is so pathetic that we probably won't get to be able to crack the top 5 without a win in the ACCCG game but we will see.
LOL. Like the schedule wasn't absolutely pathetic this year, besides LSU? Like our defense will likely be better than the top defense that it was this year?

Do everyone a favor and please never post on this website again.

Where do you guys come up with this crap? ONE BAD YEAR DOES NOT CONSTITUTE RECRUITING AT A GARBAGE LEVEL. Again, surge 2017 (12th ranked nationally) Surge 2018 (8th ranked nationally).
confused.gif

Who gives a single solitary f*** about just winning the Coastal in Year 4? Have some dam standards. You're gassing it up as if it would be some major bounce back accomplishment, when no one dissatisfied with this inexcusably pathetic season would be even remotely appeased by winning our division next year before getting skull f***** by Clemson again.

You're puffing your chest out at the notion of beating ACC opponents with far less talent than us and Central f***ing Michigan.

Advertisement
You guys are thinking way too much about this. Dude has plainly said:
1. All rings and trophies do is collect dust
2. Relationships (like his son) are more important than wins
3. He will never relinquish offensive play calling
Now, unless he is a liar (which I doubt) this is who we have as a coach. Richtirement is not gonna get fired up about winning or losing. He’s not gonna lose a minute of sleep over poor offenses. He doesn’t care.

What makes you think Saban is nearing retirement?

The linear nature by which we perceive time? He's going to retire eventually, and every day it gets closer.

Therefore, he is nearing retirement.

😜

Just ****** wit u

It is very probable that he will do all of what you stated. This is actually a major problem and why it may take another few years before he is fired.

The schedule next year should be easy (though I will note that this year’s schedule was supposed to be really easy as well.) and he should beat those teams. It is the bare minimum of what he should be doing. This year he failed at even the absolute minimum. But if he continues to refuse to make changes, next year could play more like 2017.

It will get a few fans excited but it will be a mirage just like 2017. The offense, the coaching and the players will underperform, still be poor but will benefit from a poor schedule. The apologist will claim some kind of victory thinking Richt has been vindicated in some regard proclaiming all is right in the world….but at the end of the day, the problems will remain.

When faced with real competition Richt will simply lose again. The offense will still be predictable and easy for opponents to counter. All we would have done is delay the inevitable.

This program has serious issues and they will not be solved by an easy schedule. Eventually, you have to play a real team and you will simply get exposed for the fraud that you are.

Advertisement
Back