UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT: Richt has the skillsets to be a great HC

The worst thing for a man in his career is to not, after many years, understand what he truly is and can do. The worst concession was to allow him to be the OC and the most damaging thing for Mark is for him not to have the self-awareness to recognize it.

If he became a Bobbah Bowden, then he could take us to the glory land! The problem is his pride and unwillingness and inability to see himself for who he truly is.

With Meyer gone and Saban nearing retirement, he has an opportunity to fill in that void in CFB and he can absolutely do it! But, will he...?

He should be raising money, kissing babies, recruiting, "aw shucksing" reporters, etc. Hire good people, treat them well, let them do what they do and go to a 30,000 foot view.

The most painful thing is knowing that it is within his power to right the ship and take his rightful mantle as HC/Overseer/Grand Marshall of the Parade/Guy. It's almost too late, but I still believe if he had an epiphany this offseason (VERY unlikely) he could become Tom Osbourne and experience real success before handing the mantle to someone else.

I know it's highly unlikely to happen, but since he won't be let go of (what I actually want) then this is what I'm left hoping for.

Negged for boobie Bowden reference.

Advertisement
Not when he hires unqualified friends and family to coach the team.
Hence the epiphany, he would need to let his son go and hire an innovative OC and qb coach. I don’t see it happening but there is still time.

Matt Canada is sitting there for the plucking and I imagine he would wreak havoc with his offense.

Where do you guys come up with this crap? ONE BAD YEAR DOES NOT CONSTITUTE RECRUITING AT A GARBAGE LEVEL. Again, surge 2017 (12th ranked nationally) Surge 2018 (8th ranked nationally).

1544033664856.png

May be unpopular, but I totally agree. He's got the ability and he's a great "face of the program", he just needs to admit it's not working and find people who will make it work.

Simple does not always mean easy.

"Was" a great face of the program. Richt has **** near exhausted all his good-will bona fides. I am not sure he can completely recover from this at UM. It would take a major facelift and overhaul of the program/coaching staff. Not sure the old man has it in himself to do such things that are necessary.

"Was" a great face of the program. Richt has **** near exhausted all his good-will bona fides. I am not sure he can completely recover from this at UM. It would take a major facelift and overhaul of the program/coaching staff. Not sure the old man has it in himself to do such things that are necessary.

If he made real changes, I think he would be fine. Even the a-holes on CIS would have to give him credit if he put a good O on the field next season and won 12 games. Or maybe not credit, but at least most of the whining would stop.

This isn't so much about what he'll actually do- I think we all expect little or no change- it's about what's still possible despite all the doom and gloom around here. We're in treacherous waters, but the ship can still be righted if the captain will just sober up long enough to give the orders.

Advertisement
If he made real changes, I think he would be fine. Even the a-holes on CIS would have to give him credit if he put a good O on the field next season and won 12 games. Or maybe not credit, but at least most of the whining would stop.

This isn't so much about what he'll actually do- I think we all expect little or no change- it's about what's still possible despite all the doom and gloom around here. We're in treacherous waters, but the ship can still be righted if the captain will just sober up long enough to give the orders.

I agree, especially with the bolded portion, but wouldn't it be more accurate to say then that he "can't" do it bc he won't allow himself to do it? The issue is self limitation.

It's like the athlete with generational level talent that can't stay out of trouble and attend class. The talent is there, but it will never pan out regardless of the talent, making the situation impossible.

It’s too late for Richt. He’s dead man walking. He’s not a good CEO, he’s too ridged and stubborn to adapt quickly to a changing markets. He’s as bad as Golden in this regard and will meet the same fate as Golden. It’s just a matter of time, in the meantime we as fans will continue to suffer, while him, his son and his friends cash big checks.

How many f'ucking threads are we going to have about Richt and his staff, sucking? What the f'uck is happening on this board? I get it! Richt sucks; his staff sucks! These points have been discussed and debated ad nauseam.

CIS is not perfect by any means. However, it is the best thing running for Canes info, and has been for quite some time. I beg of you, quit contaminating the board with seperate threads that are discussing the same topic, which is,.....Richt Sucks (I agree)!

No, I am not the thread police, nor do I care to be. However, I would love to come home from a good/hard day of work and come to this site to find valuable info, without having to sift through a bunch of the same redundant ****, which is more than likely, ****, that is being spewed by grown men who....
1. Has a wife/girlfriend, but can't get ***** (she's f'ucking another guy)
2. Unsure about his sexuality, which is why his wife/girlfriend is f'ucking another guy.
3. Needs his mother to tell him that everything is going to be okay, becuase his wife/girlfriend is f'ucking another guy.
4. ..is not a grown man, but is a little *****, who has weekly "get together's" at the mall or some random skating parks to discuss Richt sucking, because he heard his father talk about it amongst his work buddies. Clearly his father has nothing else to do, due to the lack of ***** that he was receiving at home, because his wife/girlfriend is f'ucking another guy.

I am all for dialogue that is of substance. Being in your feelings, because your ***** has not been licked in a while, is another matter.

Get *****, or go get your ***** licked!

Advertisement
I agree, especially with the bolded portion, but wouldn't it be more accurate to say then that he "can't" do it bc he won't allow himself to do it? The issue is self limitation.

It's like the athlete with generational level talent that can't stay out of trouble and attend class. The talent is there, but it will never pan out regardless of the talent, making the situation impossible.

I'm making the point that while a lot of people are so mad they want Richt gone more than they want him to win, I just want the best team/program possible. And it's still possible (preferable even) for Richt to make it work. And there's still time. Barely.

But yeah, you're right. It's not possible because he won't do it.

How many f'ucking threads are we going to have about Richt and his staff, sucking? What the f'uck is happening on this board? I get it! Richt sucks; his staff sucks! These points have been discussed and debated ad nauseam.

CIS is not perfect by any means. However, it is the best thing running for Canes info, and has been for quite some time. I beg of you, quit contaminating the board with seperate threads that are discussing the same topic, which is,.....Richt Sucks (I agree)!

No, I am not the thread police, nor do I care to be. However, I would love to come home from a good/hard day of work and come to this site to find valuable info, without having to sift through a bunch of the same redundant ****, which is more than likely, ****, that is being spewed by grown men who....
1. Has a wife/girlfriend, but can't get ***** (she's f'ucking another guy)
2. Unsure about his sexuality, which is why his wife/girlfriend is f'ucking another guy.
3. Needs his mother to tell him that everything is going to be okay, becuase his wife/girlfriend is f'ucking another guy.
4. ..is not a grown man, but is a little *****, who has weekly "get together's" at the mall or some random skating parks to discuss Richt sucking, because he heard his father talk about it amongst his work buddies. Clearly his father has nothing else to do, due to the lack of ***** that he was receiving at home, because his wife/girlfriend is f'ucking another guy.

I am all for dialogue that is of substance. Being in your feelings, because your ***** has not been licked in a while, is another matter.

Get *****, or go get your ***** licked!

thumbs-up.png

It’s too late for Richt. He’s dead man walking. He’s not a good CEO, he’s too ridged and stubborn to adapt quickly to a changing markets. He’s as bad as Golden in this regard and will meet the same fate as Golden. It’s just a matter of time, in the meantime we as fans will continue to suffer, while him, his son and his friends cash big checks.

We will see how much of a dead man Richt is when he wins the coastal next year behind a 9-1 or even 10-0 record. The schedule for 2019 is pathetic and our defense alone should be able to shut down 95% of the ACC teams we play. Florida is our only real competition next year. Please remember to look back at this thread (and look for this post) in 2019 when we are winning games against the likes of N.C, G.T, V.T. Louisville, Virginia, Central Michigan, etc. on our way to a Coastal championship and probably top 10 ranking nationally. The schedule is so pathetic that we probably won't get to be able to crack the top 5 without a win in the ACCCG game but we will see.

We will see how much of a dead man Richt is when he wins the coastal next year behind a 9-1 or even 10-0 record. The schedule for 2019 is pathetic and our defense alone should be able to shut down 95% of the ACC teams we play. Florida is our only real competition next year. Please remember to look back at this thread (and look for this post) in 2019 when we are winning games against the likes of N.C, G.T, V.T. Louisville, Virginia, Central Michigan, etc. on our way to a Coastal championship and probably top 10 ranking nationally. The schedule is so pathetic that we probably won't get to be able to crack the top 5 without a win in the ACCCG game but we will see.
Same exact thing we said before this season

Advertisement
Same exact thing we said before this season

And I'm telling you and everyone else that the teams we have on the schedule next year will be even worse than they were this year except for V.T.

UNC, GT and Louisville all have new head coaches and will need 3 years to recruit/rebuild those programs. Duke does not have Daniel Jones next year and lose a ton of seniors on both their defensive and offensive lines. Virginia loses 3/4 of their senior laden secondary. Florida State loses a ton of defensive players. Central Michigan just went 1-11 this year so they aren't a real threat. Once teams figured out to stack the box and pressure Pickett every down, Pitt showed that they can't do anything on offense.

The only real threat next year is Florida.

He can’t be a a great CEO head coach because:

1. He’s old
2. Low energy
3. Low T
4. Disinterested
5. Recruiting at a garbage level
6. Can’t make consistently great hires
7. Can’t motivate

For this to work he needs to be Dabo. Richt isn’t some fires up hard *** motivator that kills it in recruiting and hires great staff and let’s them work.

He’s had a few great hires but overall he doesn’t make great hires and instead of doing so on offense and getting out of the way he’s busy humiliating himself. He won’t turn it over to more qualified people.

He’s missing most of the key attributes here.
Right? If monkeys could fly...

Advertisement
May be unpopular, but I totally agree. He's got the ability and he's a great "face of the program", he just needs to admit it's not working and find people who will make it work.

Simple does not always mean easy.
Not happening. It’s just not in him.

Where do you guys come up with this crap? ONE BAD YEAR DOES NOT CONSTITUTE RECRUITING AT A GARBAGE LEVEL. Again, surge 2017 (12th ranked nationally) Surge 2018 (8th ranked nationally).
Did you even bother to read OP and the links? Sheesh.

In addition to getting out of the way on offense....

Richt has not shown the ability to diagnose and address weaknesses on the team (see special teams).

Has not shown a good grasp of personnel decisions (see botched QB position)

Has not shown the ability to hire top notch staff.

Basically what we're saying here is that if he removed himself from all football related job responsibilities, he'd be a good head coach. Do I really need to point out how stupid that sounds?

Change "has" to 'had" and focus only on the "skill set" part, and yah, maybe. Skill set in and of itself will only get a person so far. But, he has put himself into a little box based on the things others have said on here for months. At this point, I am most interested in signing day in a couple of weeks. Then we'll talk.

Advertisement
Back