Unofficial visits and money..

gacaneaddict

Junior
I'm seeing all these big time recruits fly all over the country on these unofficials, and I have a lot of questions.

1.)Who is paying? I come from a lower middle class family, and there is NO way I could afford all these trips in high school.

2.)who is traveling with them? My parents had to work there was no way they could take this much time off to travel on all these trips.

3.)Do these kids not get tired of all
Traveling? Maybe im
Just a home body, but I couldn't travel that much.

My thoughts are schools are paying for these trips illegally and every time a prospect visits they get paid a few grand. Honestly it's the only thing that makes sense to me.

Advertisement
I'm seeing all these big time recruits fly all over the country on these unofficials, and I have a lot of questions.

1.)Who is paying? I come from a lower middle class family, and there is NO way I could afford all these trips in high school.

2.)who is traveling with them? My parents had to work there was no way they could take this much time off to travel on all these trips.

Traveling? Maybe im

My thoughts are schools are paying for these trips illegally and every time a prospect visits they get paid a few grand. Honestly it's the only thing that makes sense to me.
Worst kept secret in CFB is that kids aren't actually paying for the trips. Maybe they pay initially and there's some kind of cash swap. A buddy of mine who was being recruited D1 like 10 years ago said he had to pay for his tickets and was given confirmation he'd be paid back for it when he got to his visit.

Also, when I was 16-18 years old, there would have been nothing better than getting to travel all over the country to get courted by these major institutions. Going to high class restaurants, bagging college coeds, partying it up and meeting famous college athletes.

Traveling? Maybe im

You really need to ask who is paying? But agree, sounds exhausting, but I’m not 17 anymore. Just flew last weekend and had a flight cancelled, booked a new one with another carrier, and that was delayed three times. It’s a mess right now.

My question would be, why have rules you can't enforce and why not just allow teams to pay kids if that's what going on anyway, with your knowledge. Seems so silly to have to circumvent all these stupid ncaa rules.

Advertisement

Traveling? Maybe im

What’s the problem 🤔?

7 on 7 teams finance a lot of these campus visits. Sometimes high school coaches take kids to nearby schools. But yeah definitely some under the table assistance for cross country unofficials I imagine.
Fixed it for you... Big schools "indirectly" finance 7 on 7 teams, tournaments, coaches, co-originators, travel (plane tickets, hotels, food, transportation), gear, etc. in return for... Well, you know.

Look at the impact these 7 on 7 "coaches and coordinators" have over "Nationwide ALL-Star" talent... When it comes to the skill positions (QB's, DB, WR, RB, even TE and LB) these guys are getting the goods placed in front of them practically every weekend for 9 months of the year.

Now, if you are a big-time school looking for recruits, who are going to "indirectly" reach out to and support? Watch the 7 on 7 teams and watch what schools the kids choose... it isn't by accident. Just check out the big commitments here in the past week... you will see.
Watching Zac Efron GIF by Baywatch Movie

Last edited:
Advertisement

Traveling? Maybe im

1. No snitching.
2. No snitching.
3. Nah, the "treatment" is real nice. I'd say more, but see Nos. 1 and 2.

OP don't ask these kinds of questions and expect straight answers lol. And no most of these high profile kids love the travel and the competition which is why they are in the position they are in. If they don't love football on this level and willing to go compete they won't succeed at the next level for sure.

Schools should 100% be allowed to pay for these trips. These young men are making tough decisions and should be allowed to have some assistance to get them on campuses to make these decisions. And yes I know they are allowed 5 official visits but there should be some extra allotment allowed for those 5 schools. One 2 day trip isnt nearly enough time on a campus to make these decisions. JMO.

Advertisement
It was only against the rules if Miami did it. We had to rely on kids being local. Now with NIL, things are a little more above board.

Cedric Baxter spring so far:

March 3rd: Orlando
March 5th: Los Angeles
March 10th: Miami
March 19th: Gainesville
March 25th: Austin, TX
March 26th: College Station, TX
April 1st: Columbus, Ohio
April 7th: Miami
April 9: Gainesville

To think that the NCAA was trying to crush our program for a few measly dollars that Ray Ray and Vernon got from that sleaze ball. The hypocrisy is so slimy and gross I want to take a shower every time I hear Emmert’s name.

Advertisement

I come from a lower middle class family, and there is NO way I could afford all these trips in high school.
Let's just 4.4 speed has a way of evening out life's inequities

Schools should 100% be allowed to pay for these trips. These young men are making tough decisions and should be allowed to have some assistance to get them on campuses to make these decisions. And yes I know they are allowed 5 official visits but there should be some extra allotment allowed for those 5 schools. One 2 day trip isnt nearly enough time on a campus to make these decisions. JMO.
💯 they should! The NCAA braintrust probably sip scotch in the hot tubs together and make the rules.

Advertisement
Back