UNLV OG/OT Justice Oluwaseun transfers to Miami

Rivals had an article saying that Baylor is no longer interested so it’s down to us and Houston and they feel like we have other needs to address (Cribby mentioned this) and it will probably be Houston.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If Manny is truly taking a wait and see approach with LB, I’d be thoroughly shocked if he took a backup G right now. There’s bound to be a Power 5 who’ll enter in the next month or so.

Advertisement
I think we need a starter a G. Donaldson was average even when he was at a playable weight and Clark needs to be at C. He was never a G but they’ve forced him to play there. Rivers from a talent standpoint is far superior but I’d rather him battle Donaldson with an entrenched starter on the other side.

Rivers/Campbell battle it out with Clark out? Sucks cuz I’d rather try Clark at C and tell Gaynor to beat it.

Advertisement
Saw him post something about "everything went well" last night. Sounds like some kind of procedure/surgery. He posted a picture of himself in the past two days with his arm in a sling.

If we were running Scaife and Clarke back out at guard, I’d be banging the table for this guy but a healthy Donaldson is better than anybody we have including the possible transfer and Rivers/Campbell has much higher upside than Clarke at the other spot. The two worst players on offense last year weren’t Wiggins and Pope, it was Clarke and Scaife by a long shot.

If we were running Scaife and Clarke back out at guard, I’d be banging the table for this guy but a healthy Donaldson is better than anybody we have including the possible transfer and Rivers/Campbell has much higher upside than Clarke at the other spot. The two worst players on offense last year weren’t Wiggins and Pope, it was Clarke and Scaife by a long shot.
Facts, if Clark is hurt which apparently something happened at the end of the spring game, hopefully the staff puts Campbell at guard where he's more ideally suited anyways.

Advertisement
It's really irresponsible to take a depth guard for one season and burn a scholarship that can go to a three / four year high school player in this upcoming class. You start treating the portal like that and your future burns up pretty quickly. You need to limit the portal to impact players.
I agree completely. The only way this makes sense is if we know that some of our guys are looking to hit the portal. If all our linemen stay, we have depth for this year and next without the transfer.

Jakai was injured after the Spring game in a accident. AC joint surgery went well and his timetable is 3-4 months. UNLV OL seems like a no brainer to go after who can not only fill Jakai’s role in the meantime but has played tackle and center as well. Throw in 2 years of eligibility also.

Last edited:
I'd like to have Rivers and Campbell battle it out at G but more depth doesn't hurt if this guy is solid.

Advertisement
Back