University of Miami

Cane1987

Recruit
I don’t usually start threads or write any comments on this board, however, with the state of the program right now pretty much in shambles and the frustration of the fanbase increasing everyday (rightfully so) I decided to write a few lines to bring up a point that I have been thinking for a while and nobody has mentioned it here before (at least I don’t think I’ve seen it).

Like some of you have stated in other threads, every year that passes by it becomes increasingly harder for UM to compete in the new landscape of college football since we lack all of the tools and resources that the other big time public universities have such as students, alumni and boosters etc.. So to get down to the point I think one of the things we can do to combat this is to become a public university like our hated rivals from the north. Imagine if the majority of the inner city kids and Hispanic population was able to go to UM instead of FIU, Florida or FSU. Think about how this would help attendance, donations among other things. I’m sure there are many obstacles and quite frankly not even sure if it something that can be done, but imagine having 30,000 local students that grew up in the city be able to attend every game instead of the 5000 students that go to every game.

I would like to see the opinion of everyone on this board regarding this topic ,since I’m sure you guys have more information on this than I do.

GO CANES!!!!

Advertisement
I don’t usually start threads or write any comments on this board, however, with the state of the program right now pretty much in shambles and the frustration of the fanbase increasing everyday (rightfully so) I decided to write a few lines to bring up a point that I have been thinking for a while and nobody has mentioned it here before (at least I don’t think I’ve seen it).

Like some of you have stated in other threads, every year that passes by it becomes increasingly harder for UM to compete in the new landscape of college football since we lack all of the tools and resources that the other big time public universities have such as students, alumni and boosters etc.. So to get down to the point I think one of the things we can do to combat this is to become a public university like our hated rivals from the north. Imagine if the majority of the inner city kids and Hispanic population was able to go to UM instead of FIU, Florida or FSU. Think about how this would help attendance, donations among other things. I’m sure there are many obstacles and quite frankly not even sure if it something that can be done, but imagine having 30,000 local students that grew up in the city be able to attend every game instead of the 5000 students that go to every game.

I would like to see the opinion of everyone on this board regarding this topic ,since I’m sure you guys have more information on this than I do.

GO CANES!!!!

Brody; imma be honest....I don’t think it has anything to do w us being private or public v. the incompetence from the Top. We get public funding and it will used for anything but athletics, in my opinion.

Not sure how that would put a better product on the field. Even being a public university and having deeper pockets for a coaching staff our AD and BOT would still ***** it up.

Advertisement

GO CANES!!!!
Give it time. FIU will eventually take over the UM campus. This school is gonna go under eventually. Who wants to pay Ivy League prices for a degree that’s weaker than one from FSU? This administration is pure ***, academically and athletically..They couldn’t run a car wash efficiently.

Give it time. FIU will eventually take over the UM campus. This school is gonna go under eventually. Who wants to pay Ivy League prices for a degree that’s weaker than one from FSU? This administration is pure ***, academically and athletically..They couldn’t run a car wash efficiently.
Thats a strong point... Ivy League prices and for what?

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Nice that you put a post in. I tend to agree wouldn't make a difference for the reasons above but worth a thought if not an actual try.

Advertisement
Where'd you go to school? I'm assuming FSU.

Advertisement
Back