Off-Topic University of Miami ROTC Questions

Kjdcanefan

Junior
Gentlemen,
I am currently applying to colleges as a part of the army's green to gold program (2 years of college credits, you can get out of the enlisted side of the military and go to college for two years at an ROTC and commission as an officer.) Right now, the dream school is Miami, but my most realistic options are BOSTON university an Boston college because they are close to the wife's family. Anyone here able to shed some info on the ROTC program at UM?

Advertisement
Gentlemen,
I am currently applying to colleges as a part of the army's green to gold program (2 years of college credits, you can get put of the enlisted side and go to college for two years at an ROTC and commission as an officer.) Right now, the dream school is Miami, but my most realistic options are BOSTON university an Boston college because they are close to the wife's family. Anyone here able to shed some info on the ROTC program at UM?
First off, good on you!!

AROTC is no longer hosted at UM...cross town agreement with FIU. That is kinda a drag scheduling-wise but doable.

Back in the day, Miami was barely able to hold onto to host status for AFROTC, but Det 155 is still there.

ROTC is a great choice to learn and grow tjen follow on as active duty war fighter.

DM me if you'd like.

Good luck!!!

First off, good on you!!

AROTC is no longer hosted at UM...cross town agreement with FIU. That is kinda a drag scheduling-wise but doable.

Back in the day, Miami was barely able to hold onto to host status for AFROTC, but Det 155 is still there.

ROTC is a great choice to learn and grow tjen follow on as active duty war fighter.

DM me if you'd like.

Good luck!!!
Empirical is correct. AROTC is hosted at FIU. I know there are UM kids in the Army program. My son just graduated at UM AFROTC Det 155 last month. There were 12 cadets in his spring graduation class, 8 from UM and 4 from FIU.

First off, good on you!!

DM me if you'd like.

Good luck!!!
DM'd you

Advertisement
Empirical is correct. AROTC is hosted at FIU. I know there are UM kids in the Army program. My son just graduated at UM AFROTC Det 155 last month. There were 12 cadets in his spring graduation class, 8 from UM and 4 from FIU.
That is interesting that the colleges have some sort of agreement set up. I wonder if the army would still pay if I were accepted at UM.

That is interesting that the colleges have some sort of agreement set up. I wonder if the army would still pay if I were accepted at UM.
If AROTC lists Miami you are gtg. People miss the fine print on host vs cross-town school.

Just out common sense, Boston College should be stricken from list due to Blake James.

Yes, I'm sure he will even somehow 'fəkup ROTC programs there.

Advertisement
Back