University of Miami owes its success to its football

FAKE Chip Brierre

Band
Banned
when will the university realize this and invest in the golden goose that got them to this position?

no football team = no interest in the school = no academic progress

alumni need to be the head of a movement to revitalize the football team, something that Michigan did.

Advertisement
They will soon....

President Donald Trump

We will take our program back like we take our country back.

HC Chud
OC Dorsey
HC/TE Cristobal
OL Sullivan
RB Portis
WR Beard

DC Leavitt
DL K. Patrick
LB Barrow
DB Rumph

UM seems embarrassed by its success in the field. If not embarrassed, somewhat uncomfortable. Alot of the revenue is generated from the football and from ppl who probably haven't even stepped foot on campus. Where most colleges wouldn't care and would just take and $ and invest in their football program to get a greater return, UM seems **** bent on having everyone know about their medical school first.

If I was alumni, I wouldn't mind it. But I'm not, so its frustrating.

Advertisement
The athletic dept is always a window into the university. Unfortunately , that window is currently broken!

As an alum, I think the present administration and BOT are a bunch of clueless, trust fund baby azzholes who don't have a clue about running a university's academic or athletic programs. Academically, the school is slipping out of the top 50 with the med school mess dragging everything else down. In athletics, we have a MORON as AD and more cheap hire morons as coaches in every program except men's and women's basketball.

The result: this so-called university sucks in every way imaginable except for the nice weather. It's a crummy commuter school with no future in serious academics or athletics. In fact, I predict the place will finally be turned over to FIU. The school is outrageously expensive for the sort of educational experience it offers. How much longer are people going to pay Princeton-like tuition for an education they could get for much less at most of the state's public colleges? It's not as bad as FSU, but it's not THAT much better, either.

I had hoped that Shalala and company would have raised the school's profile in every field when they first got started, but, sadly, I don't see much of a result anyone can be proud of from that bunch of posers.

It just sucks and I hate that this has happened, but it is what it is. Just so deeply disappointed in this school and the people that run it. No more of my hard earned dollars will go to this black hole of mindboggling incompetence.

Last edited:
While this is completely true, the problem is that its kind of like the guy who buys his girl friend some fake *****. Yeah he was responsible for it but now that she's got em, she don't need his *** no-mo.

Until the next round of ACC TV contract negotiations, UM's management ilk really doesnt need a good football program.

Advertisement
I hate to bust UM's bubble, but outside of the 305, no one much cares about UM unless they live in other areas and alumni wants their children to attend the same school.

Yeah, it's a good school. But there are a lot of good schools all over the country.

It was the football program that made the nation stand up and pay attention to UM. It wasn't their campus, their departments, nor their degree programs. Most universities have the same programs - cheaper.

Football. That's the only reason the "U" logo is still slightly known outside the 305.

They want more students, more money? Then invest in the very thing that money really can't buy at twenty times the cost. The publicity and name recognition a top-ten football program brings.

Oh. Almost forgot.

Bring Back Butch. He'll get it done.

Football put UM on the map..until 1983 it was pretty much a joke..sun tan U..a safety school where rich kids that couldn't get into a better school went to work on their tans.

Yup. I would have no interest in attending UM if I hadn't grown up in awe of the football team.

when will the university realize this and invest in the golden goose that got them to this position?

no football team = no interest in the school = no academic progress

alumni need to be the head of a movement to revitalize the football team, something that Michigan did.

I love the Canes and have been following their teams since I was a little kid, but it's a lot more than that today... The educational system is very good and their Medical school / campus is world class...

Advertisement
You should see the looks I get when I say these things on campus... People think I'm ridiculous and ignorant...

Advertisement
^ i think a lot of people know about the school for its football, but theres not really much competition when it comes to private schools in FL. For a lot of rich kids looking to party in college, Miami is a great location. I would probably be between Miami and USC

saying no football team = no interest in the school is kinda stupid. Its one of the nicer campuses out there and the only real school in a major metropolitan area.

It was a great educational institution before football and will be far beyond any of our lifetimes.

Miami is the 8th largest metropolitan area in the country and has only 1 legitimate university. Most of the top 7 have at least five or six solid universities.

Most students at Miami are not there because of the football. I wish more were because it would make for a more exciting environment, but they're not.

Advertisement
Back