Unexpectedly got to see a 4-star Canes commit play in Naples tonight

Silver King

Pass Block
Got to watch Bishop Verot's 4-star CB and Canes commit Chris Graves (6'1" 175) tonight. Charlotte wasn’t supposed to play them, but Verot’s opponent backed out because of Covid, so the ADs from the three teams decided to play a half each against each other.

He plays WR too, looked athletic and fast with good hands on O. He looked to break well on ball (I’m an old OL, so what do I now?) - we didn’t complete any passes on him only threw one his way. He was pretty good at responding to some smack talk from our sidelines, pointing at the scoreboard.

Verot also has a Freshman QB who is the top pitching prospect in the Nation, he had an arm.
0820212031~3.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
He's a Travis Benjamin clone; should be playing WR. Believe he even said TB was one of the Canes he followed growing up.

Oh wait the TB clone thing has already been used for Malik Curtis....... never mind.

He still reminds me of Chris Henderson (Columbus HS) though. Henderson played mostly WR in high school and i think Graves did / does as well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Graves was a great get for TRob and DVD. With those long arms once TRob gets a hold of Chris he’s going to mug WR’s in college.

We better get that QB on the radar too, although i see him being a high draft pick for fir beisbol. His dad got to AAA for the braves

@JG14

You know Dan? Very little chance Carter plays college sports (likely to be a high draft pick), but can tell you his family (especially dad and Carter) are huge Canes fans.

Advertisement
@JG14

You know Dan? Very little chance Carter plays college sports (likely to be a high draft pick), but can tell you his family (especially dad and Carter) are huge Canes fans.

Met him a couple times a VERY long time ago. Friend of a friend. Sounds like his kid is the real deal in both sports

Advertisement
Back