Undoing Folden's Damage

Advertisement
Mark Richt is going to do as much for the University of Miami as Howard or any other successful coach at Miami has done. He will do it with integrity and a love for his players that is unmatched by anyone. As a parent of any gifted football player at this time, I would urge my child with great passion to play football at UM for Richt. Not only would my child be a winner on the football field, but he would be a winner in the biggest game of all...the game of LIFE.

It will take Richt a year or two to re-establish the product on the field, but get ready, because the future is bright for these incoming kids. They will play their hearts out for Richt and the record will speak for itself. Ole Blake James has hit a grand salami this time.

Am more enthused about this program than at any time after2001. The more I hear about this hire, the better My hopes are for the future of Miami football. Georgia's loss is our gain.

It will take Richt a year or two to re-establish the product on the field, but get ready, because the future is bright for these incoming kids. They will play their hearts out for Richt and the record will speak for itself. Ole Blake James has hit a grand salami this time.

No. Cmr will win 10 games year 1

Advertisement

How many will Richt win?

Miami better win mo than 10; Golden's bois could win 9 and 3 of their losses to teams with combined record of 34-4.

If Miami only wins 10, banners may fly.

Feels good to feel good about recruiting and the future of the program. Still eager to see who the DC, OC and assistants will be.

With my quote that I made about re-establishing the product on the field, I meant getting us to the CFB playoffs and in the hunt for a NC. It very well may happen during Kaaya's senior year.

Advertisement
Mark Richt is going to do as much for the University of Miami as Howard or any other successful coach at Miami has done. He will do it with integrity and a love for his players that is unmatched by anyone. As a parent of any gifted football player at this time, I would urge my child with great passion to play football at UM for Richt. Not only would my child be a winner on the football field, but he would be a winner in the biggest game of all...the game of LIFE.

that's all good. but we're trying to run a winning football program, not a daycare.

With my quote that I made about re-establishing the product on the field, I meant getting us to the CFB playoffs and in the hunt for a NC. It very well may happen during Kaaya's senior year.

I was thinking the same thing. 10 wins is still progress to where this program should be, and that's competing for national titles. that being said, it will be nice to see this program with 10 wins again next year.

Patrick Bethel commits to Canes with following statement:

"First and foremost I'd like to thank God for blessing me with such an amazing opportunity, and his many blessings in general," Bethel said. "I would like to announce that after prayer and discussion with my parents I have decided to commit to the University of Miami. I would like to thank all the schools that have been gracious enough to offer me a scholarship.
"I would like to thank all my family and friends that have provided the utmost support to me through this process. I would also like to thank the Miami coaches and staff for their support as well. I did not choose Miami to "continue a legacy." I chose Miami to create my own destiny, to provide the best for myself, and most importantly to bring back that lost swagger."

First off, I wonder of Richt's religious devotion influenced this Bethel who seems to emphasize religion. Second, I like his desire to restore swag.

The article on Scout goes on to say:

"This is a kid that has the motor switch flipped on at all times. Bethel has a quick first step and is flat out relentless when bursting off the edge and tracking down the quarterback. Bethel plays with good pad level and really gets underneath his opponent when going one-on-one with an offensive tackle, flashing active hands and good change of direction.
If Bethel lays a hand on the ball carrier, he's hitting the turf more often than not. Bethel is strong at the point of attack and does a good job of stacking and shedding offensive linemen. He's well-put together, and checks in at a clean 255 pounds. If he's not in the backfield on passing downs, Bethel is flashing anticipation and active hands to deflect the football.
Overall, Bethel provides energy, size and upside along the defensive line. The Scout 300 prospect brings it on each and every play, and is equipped with an unique combination of size and athleticism at nearly 260 pounds. You have to be intrigued with what Bethel can transform into long-term."

Scout rates him a 4-star, but Rivals gives him only three. Perhaps, Rivals is less generous in its rating system.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back