X's and O's Undercoverage

JaxonCane

Recruit
We play soft zone - our undercoverage do not locate receivers therefore we never cover much but grass. We stare into the backfield and never close anybody down because we don't see them.

It is almost like we do not realize that the modern day spread offense really is based on attacking the undercoverage and getting the ball out quick.

Canes fans always wonder why young inexperienced QB's seemed to have a lot of success against us...... well every spread HS QB in America is trained to light up a soft under coverage.

Bama's QB made easy comfortable throws against out under coverage all night.

If we want to play zone coverage I think we should be playing a lot more match up zones.
Just my two cents.

Advertisement
We play soft zone - our undercoverage do not locate receivers therefore we never cover much but grass. We stare into the backfield and never close anybody down because we don't see them.

It is almost like we do not realize that the modern day spread offense really is based on attacking the undercoverage and getting the ball out quick.

Canes fans always wonder why young inexperienced QB's seemed to have a lot of success against us...... well every spread HS QB in America is trained to light up a soft under coverage.

Bama's QB made easy comfortable throws against out under coverage all night.

If we want to play zone coverage I think we should be playing a lot more match up zones.
Just my two cents.
Agree. This type of zone sucks

These match-ups vs football schools tend to skew things. We'll have a better gauge after next weeks match-up vs an evenly matched opponent

Advertisement
Back