Underclassman Spotlight: 2021 WR Troy Stellato

View as article

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
We are going to be staying local in South Florida for this weeks underclassman spotlight as we take a look at Cardinal Gibbons 2021 wide receiver Troy Stellato. This 6’1’’ 177 pound receiver runs excellent routes, has great speed, and has strong hands. Whether he’s highpointing the ball, taking a screen to the house, or just creating separation, Stellato does everything you could ask for from a receiver. On top of that, Stellato is also a very willing blocker. Not only is he willing to block, he takes pride in his blocking. You will see that highlighted multiple times in his tape.

Stellato may have been somewhat of an unknown coming into his sophomore season, but he has done pretty much everything he can to get more attention. Stellato leads his team in receiving with 707 yards and 5 touchdowns on 43 receptions. That averages out to 16.4 yards per catch for Stellato, which is also the highest on his team.

Stellato’s quarterback Nik Scalzo went down with a knee injury two weeks back but this has not stopped Stellato from helping his team win. Last Friday with backup QB Brody Palhegyi under center in the state semifinals vs Tampa Jesuit, Stellato had his best game of the year. Stellato was able to reel in 3 catches for 131 yards and 2 touchdowns. Those were the only touchdowns Gibbons had all night en route to a 14-3 win. Stellato will look to duplicate that performance this weekend as Gibbons takes on North Marion in the 5A state championship game.

Stellato’s new quarterback Brody Palhegyi is a sophomore as well. This duo will be playing football together for two more years. That should scare people. This may be a bold prediction, but I expect these two to grow together over the next two seasons and eventually become one of the best receiver/quarterback duos in Broward county. The potential of what these two could do together is sky high.

Stellato’s lone current offer comes courtesy of Kentucky, which is where Scalzo will be playing football next year. I fully expect more schools to start offering and recruiting Stellato given the season he is having.

South Florida is loaded at receiver in 2021 with guys like Jacorey Brooks and Romello Brinson down in Dade county, but Stellato has made a case that he is the best receiver in Broward for his class. I would even go as far as to say that he is one of the 3-5 best receivers in Broward right now. Coach Richt, Coach Dugans, you have my approval to offer.

Advertisement
At this rate, we'll offer him in December of 2020 and wonder why we're just a vacation spot.

Advertisement
This kid has been blowing up with offers from every major program within the last 2 weeks or so.

Bama, LSU, UF, Penn St, UGA, Michigan & Oh St have all been after him.

But he's basically Hartline's to lose, Oh St with the big lead in this recruitment.

Advertisement
Back