Under Armour drops Cincy.

Advertisement
Its basically all the same crap made by the same workers with a different label sewn in. The whole athletic wear brand loyalty is super weird to me.
With that said I swear by lululemon mens athletic wear. Don't know where you're located but I hit platos closets and grab it for super cheap. Their black hoodies are super soft, well made and usually don't yell "this is this brand!" Makes it easy to get a U embroidered and noone is the wiser.

Its basically all the same crap made by the same workers with a different label sewn in. The whole athletic wear brand loyalty is super weird to me.
Lol; it’s really not. Have you seen UA original dri fit workout shirts v. Nike, Adidas, Russell Athletics, etcs? UA dri-fits use to chit on the other brands b/c there are certain properties that were patented that others couldn’t touch, therefore the same quality & response wasn’t there.

Yes, most of these companies use sweat shops and out sourcing....but that’s only for cheap, mass production. That has chit to do w design, creative, material properties & intellect. It’s why you can tell some knock offs every easily, even when the design is similar. Color, hues, textures, print, etc. etc. all go into manufacturing.

Sorry to snap, but that argument really bothers me to hear ppl say that. If u wanna talk about price points, & how we are all gouged by an uptick by their profit margins, that’s one thing, but saying it’s all the same is not accurate at all.

Advertisement
We can joke about UA going under but it’s bad for business even if you’re a Nike or Adidas school. The huge increase in apparel contracts is a direct result of an increase in market competition. If one company controls the market, they get to decide what an apparel is worth because schools will have no other options. It’s a good thing Miami was able to cash in on the Adidas deal when they did because brands aren’t spending as much on sports marketing anymore. There was a misconception that the audience for sporting events was going to keep growing at a high rate about a decade ago and lots of huge companies gambled on that. Not just apparel companies shelling out money they didn’t have for endorsement deals but TV networks buying rights deals for insane money only to realize they overpaid and the market projections were waaaaay off. ESPN has been slashing budgets for a while, including a recent round of mass lay-offs. Mostly because they blew their wad on television rights deals for NBA and college football conferences and the payoff hasn’t been there. It’s going to be interesting when the next round of TV rights negotiations start. The money isn’t going to be nearly as big and that means athletic budgets are going to get smaller.

Lol; it’s really not. Have you seen UA original dri fit workout shirts v. Nike, Adidas, Russell Athletics, etcs? UA dri-fits use to chit on the other brands b/c there are certain properties that were patented that others couldn’t touch, therefore the same quality & response wasn’t there.

Yes, most of these companies use sweat shops and out sourcing....but that’s only for cheap, mass production. That has chit to do w design, creative, material properties & intellect. It’s why you can tell some knock offs every easily, even when the design is similar. Color, hues, textures, print, etc. etc. all go into manufacturing.

Sorry to snap, but that argument really bothers me to hear ppl say that. If u wanna talk about price points, & how we are all gouged by an uptick by their profit margins, that’s one thing, but saying it’s all the same is not accurate at all.
Meat me somewhere...jk, I don't doubt you're right, you seem better informed that I am, I just find it funny...going back to when Miami went to Adidas how angry some folks got.

This has been in the development for about two years now.

Its a shame cause I liked their products. Had some shoes and sweatshirts and stuff fit me really well.

Covid put the nail down tho.
They are terrible. Expensive *** **** and there products are worse than Nike and Adidas. Also there has been so much controversy around UA up in Baltimore from them buying Saginaw and getting all that waterfront land to build massive UA headquarters to the winery/liquor the Planks were trying to get established in.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I agree that UA used to be the best functioning athletic wear. To stay relevant you have to be fashionable, which most under armor stuff isn't even in the realm lol

Advertisement
I agree that UA used to be the best functioning athletic wear. To stay relevant you have to be fashionable, which most under armor stuff isn't even in the realm lol
And that’s where they fell completely off; they tried to go into a realm they were ill prepared to get into. They were running through designers b/c know one knew Plank’s vision. Dude tried to knock off designs & failed miserably. They completely tricked off Steph Curry shoes, which quickly lost favor with all ages.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back