Under Armour Camp Recap

Yes, Rosemy can get away from people. I've seen him do it. Look, some guys aren't built to be great route runners. Canion is one of those guys. He can't change direction well enough. Also, aside from straight line speed, how is Canion a better athlete? His 40 time may bring up his Sparq rating but as Lance's study shows that has nothing to do with wide receiver success. Look at what Edelman did last night. It's not about speed, its about route running, change of direction, and hands. 3 areas where Canion struggles. As for blocking, Dugans emphasized blocking excessively. Cager still couldn't block. I don't think that it was because of coaching or not wanting to, I think it is because some guys are just too tall and they can't get the proper leverage. I think Canion is the same way. Finally, you are now the second person today to bring up my age. I'm 19. No, I'm not old. So what? Saying I don't know because of my age is weak.
Lol then why isn’t he getting away from people on his highlight film? The one thing that should pop off on somebody’s film is if they can get away from people and guess what he’s not doing? So his coaches have film of him breaking away from people but didn’t put it on his film?

Lance can use metrics all he wants but it doesn’t change that speed = big plays and length is always something you want. I can also tell you didn’t watch any of their film if you think Canion has straight line speed.

Julian Edelman proves you right...last time I checked Julz didn’t run a 4.84. He ran 4.52.

Maybe speed does matter a bit.

Advertisement
Lol then why isn’t he getting away from people on his highlight film? The one thing that should pop off on somebody’s film is if they can get away from people and guess what he’s not doing? So his coaches have film of him breaking away from people but didn’t put it on his film?

Lance can use metrics all he wants but it doesn’t change that speed = big plays and length is always something you want. I can also tell you didn’t watch any of their film if you think Canion has straight line speed.

Julian Edelman proves you right...last time I checked Julz didn’t run a 4.84. He ran 4.52.

Maybe speed does matter a bit.
Look at the first play. Rosemy runs a 4.84 but they still didn’t have an angle on him. And it’s not scoring every play it’s getting more yards. He does. Next, did you see Edelman just flying by people yesterday or was he just creating seperation with routes and changing direction. And finally, data means something. There is a reason there is no correlation between speed and success. That is not the most important factor. I don’t know how else to say this.

Look at the first play. Rosemy runs a 4.84 but they still didn’t have an angle on him. And it’s not scoring every play it’s getting more yards. He does. Next, did you see Edelman just flying by people yesterday or was he just creating seperation with routes and changing direction. And finally, data means something. There is a reason there is no correlation between speed and success. That is not the most important factor. I don’t know how else to say this.
The first play? You mean when they were playing off man and the mike backer tried to jump the route and knocked down the CB covering him? Then the back end safety had to get flat footed and flip his hips to try to cut him off from almost the other side of the field? I would’ve been impressed if Dwyer was the same Dwyer from 09-10. Man that made me feel old. I was in 9th grade then.

The first play? You mean when they were playing off man and the mike backer tried to jump the route and knocked down the CB covering him? Then the back end safety had to get flat footed and flip his hips to try to cut him off from almost the other side of the field? I would’ve been impressed if Dwyer was the same Dwyer from 09-10. Man that made me feel old. I was in 9th grade then.
Does that look like a 4.84 player? No. That's my point. Look, this is stupid and we've been going back and forth for like an hour. This is the last thing I'll say. Change of direction, change of speed, and hands are far more important that straight line speed in a receiver. Those are three area's of weakness for Canion.

Does that look like a 4.84 player? No. That's my point. Look, this is stupid and we've been going back and forth for like an hour. This is the last thing I'll say. Change of direction, change of speed, and hands are far more important that straight line speed in a receiver. Those are three area's of weakness for Canion.

Yes...and that’s not even me being bias or anything.

Rosemy can play but he’s not worth the headache he’s gonna bring if he’s running that. I’m not gonna go back and forth either.

Advertisement
Or it could be like a Vo-Tech school(i.e. Turner Tech—Tommy Streeter went there or Robert Morgan)
That smells of “ I don’t even have a 2.0” kind of school. Could be absolutely wrong there but that’s what it looks like.

I’m pretty sure Britt going to Miami Christian is more of a personal help with school thing.

We need to get Jahvante Royal his offer, 6'3 corner at STA should be ours, of course he's raw it's a new full time position 🙌

Advertisement
It’s a small private school. The kid might be going there to get help. Smaller class sizes, more attention. Do kids transfer to Columbus, Belen, LaSalle, Pace, Dade Christian or any other private schools bc they are grades schools?
Lmao. Kids want an easy path to states. I’ll leave it there.

That smells of “ I don’t even have a 2.0” kind of school. Could be absolutely wrong there but that’s what it looks like.

I’m pretty sure Britt going to Miami Christian is more of a personal help with school thing.

Nope miami Christian is becoming loaded with prospects.
Mullen was there this week from uf.

They are coached by my boy from high school and another was my college teammate.

Nope miami Christian is becoming loaded with prospects.
Mullen was there this week from uf.

They are coached by my boy from high school and another was my college teammate.
Really? Who else is there/transferring there?

Really? Who else is there/transferring there?

They have a big ol jovens Javier I believe is his name. They also have like a 2021 kid at lb or db that is like 210pds right now. They have never had these type of kids.

They McDougal school thing is likely way u said it is and just popped up recently like a month ago recently

Advertisement
Video Recap:

https://twitter.com/ABLichtenstein/status/1092121374943006721
https://twitter.com/ABLichtenstein/status/1092117717279232001
https://twitter.com/ABLichtenstein/status/1092113047206940672
https://twitter.com/Matthew_Suero/status/1092078765251985409
https://twitter.com/Matthew_Suero/status/1092073632388526081

Top Performers:
2020 OT Marcus Dumervil
2021 DE Donnell Harris
2020 WR Xzavier Henderson
2020 WR Marcus Rosemy

Guys Miami Needs To Look At:
2020 Athlete Jahvante Royal from Aquinas-
Royal is listed at 6'3'' 185 pounds. He played receiver at STA last year but has made the switch to safety this offseason. He looked raw in coverage at times but looks very impressive physically.
2020 CB Colby Dempsey from Aquinas- Dempsey performed well again on Sunday. Dempsey is 5'10'' in cleats but he plays bigger than he is and showed off good ball skills by snagging a few interceptions.
2021 DB Omar Burroughs from IMG- The Savannah native and IMG transfer showed out on Sunday and will be one of the top defensive backs in the country for 2021.
2021 DB Ja'Den McBurrows from Aquinas- Yet another STA defender had a good day on Sunday. The American Heritage transfer already has an offer from Tennessee.
2021 DB Markevious Brown from IMG- The recent Pahokee transfer jumped onto many people's radar when he transferred to IMG and continued to turn heads on Sunday. He has some mid power 5 offers.

2020 Under Armour All-America Game Invitees

Marcus Dumervil – OT (St. Thomas Aquinas – Pompano Beach, FL)
Samuel Anaele – DE (McDougal Technical Institute – Miami Gardens, FL)
Jaylan Knighton – RB (Deerfield Beach – Lauderhill, FL)
Marcus Rosemy – WR (St. Thomas Aquinas – Margate, FL)

2020 Future 50 Invitees

Donell Harris – DE (Booker T. Washington – Miami, FL)
Markevious Brown – CB (IMG Academy – Pahokee, FL)

Big Man Challenge Winners

Issiah Walker – OL (Miami Norland – Opa Locka)
Marlon Martinez – OL (St. Thomas Aquinas – Hollywood, FL)

Recruiting Notes:
Penn State commit Derek Wingo has expressed in recent weeks how excited he is that Manny Diaz is not the head guy at Miami. However, I would be shocked if Wingo did not end up out of state for college.
Continuing with the linebackers, Devon Betty has been in contact with Manny Diaz in recent weeks but he has yet to plan a visit down to Coral Gables. He has, however, set a spring visit to go back up to Kentucky.
Marcus Dumervil was at Miami last weekend and has no visits planned for any school in the near future. This means Miami is going to be the last school to get him on campus for a while. Alabama will still be tough to beat down the stretch.
South Carolina commit Issiah Walker did not make it down to Miami on Sunday. Right now it does not seem likely that he will stick with South Carolina, but Miami is not in a great position either. It will be difficult to pull Walker away from the SEC and Florida should be considered the favorite right now.

Cory Grimes contributed to this article.

Thank you Matthew & Cory for an excellent report! I very much appreciate the work and effort.

Couple quick takeaways:

- St. Thomas had an impressive looking OL group. Everybody was big and lean, including the underclassmen. Dumervil will probably be the highest-recruited local guy in this cycle.

- The sophomore DTs from Southwest and Southridge look like future monsters. Huge frames, athletic and very little fat.

- Samuel Anaele has gotten better since last year. He works hard.

- Xzavier Henderson is going to be one of the most interesting players to watch this season. He towered over the other receivers and is as fast as anyone. Don't know if he has the quickness for WR/CB or the physicality for RB/LB. Safety may be his spot. Wherever he lands, he is an easy 4* athlete that will blow up the testing.
Thanks for the update DMoney! It is appreciated!

Btw not a lot of people know about Marlon Martinez

6’5 305

Big, interior mauler and already has 20 offers. Don’t really know what Searals was doing for 3 years but he watched this kid numerous times.

This kid looks like a BEAST! Give this man a Cane offer now!!

Advertisement

Get to know this kid. He definitely could be our 2nd QB this cycle. He impressed at the UA according to John Garcia and I already was high on him before but questioned competition a bit because he played for Boca.

@DMoney

@gogeta4

@Roman Marciante

Last edited:

Get to know this kid. He definitely could be our 2nd QB this cycle. He impressed at the UA according to John Garcia and I already was high on him before but questioned competition a bit because he played for Boca.

@DMoney

@gogeta4

@Roman Marciante

He was the most impressive QB there. Very quick, solid size.

My questions would be: 1) long release and 2) failure to dominate subpar competition. I wish we he would’ve transferred to a bigger school.

He was the most impressive QB there. Very quick, solid size.

My questions would be: 1) long release and 2) failure to dominate subpar competition. I wish we he would’ve transferred to a bigger school.
Yea. Him playing at Heritage Delray would really improve his production too.

Advertisement
Back