Under Armour All-America Game Thread (Today 4PM ET on ESPN)

Yearby a better RUNNING BACK not ATHLETE than cook

Been trying to get this through people's heads. Cook isn't a big deal! Stop it already!

Cook set an Under Armour rushing record today.

No need to denigrate another stud to prop up our stud.

I'm not. Maybe that came off wrong. I meant he isn't a big deal for us right now with the other positions of need ahead of RB. RB and WR next year may be our deepest positions. That dancing around stuff isn't going to do him well though.

Advertisement
So I heard McKenzie looked explosive and Berrios looked somewhat pedestrian.

(I didn't see much of the game)

So I heard McKenzie looked explosive and Berrios looked pedestrian.

Someone lied on the latter. But I'm really not surprised you heard it like that

I saw the TD he caught but I didn't see anything else. I guess he had a reverse and a bubble screen that failed? I don't know.

Had a 26 yard reception also. He was playing through two injuries in the game

Advertisement

Been trying to get this through people's heads. Cook isn't a big deal! Stop it already!

I'm not. Maybe that came off wrong. I meant he isn't a big deal for us right now with the other positions of need ahead of RB. RB and WR next year may be our deepest positions. That dancing around stuff isn't going to do him well though.

L u l z @ Cook not being a big deal.

He's a playmaker and the last time I checked, we only have 2 playmakers on offense. Kids like Cook win games so we need to have as many playmakers as possible.

Yearby is better...

L u l z @ Cook not being a big deal.

He's a playmaker and the last time I checked, we only have 2 playmakers on offense. Kids like Cook win games so we need to have as many playmakers as possible.

Offensive genius Gus Malzahn agrees. Certified bozo HC at UM with no real acumen on either side of the ball doesn't think he's worthy. Hmmmmmm. Trust Al.
Would you take White over Kaaya? Pretty sure thats Coleys call too

Dumb question. I'd take him over Rosier. And it's not Coley's call who gets a scholarship. That's always the HC's final call.
Youd either take Kaaya or White. You know both wouldnt be committed in the same class. No **** youd take him over Rosier. And obviously White doesnt fit the system Coley wants in place.

I'm curious - what "system" is that?

It must be the 0-13 on 3rd down system that we executed so flawlessly in the bowl game against Loserville. LULZ at this "system" of Coley's. Malzahn barely threw the ball this year with Marshall at QB, yet he is going to sign a pocket passer like White this cycle. Great coaches recruit top players and adjust to their personnel, not the other way around.

So I heard McKenzie looked explosive and Berrios looked pedestrian.

Someone lied on the latter. But I'm really not surprised you heard it like that

I saw the TD he caught but I didn't see anything else. I guess he had a reverse and a bubble screen that failed? I don't know.

Had a 26 yard reception also. He was playing through two injuries in the game
See, this is what I referenced in another thread. "I heard". Go watch it and look it up for yourself to find out the truth. Then you'll see what HurricaneGlory filled you in on. No offense meant--that's just become a pet peeve of mine lately. Berrios looked really **** good, given the all star game setup and playing thru 2 injuries.

McKenzie did look really good with a few explosive plays in the return game, no doubt--but Berrios isn't McKenzie. Different players. Berrios is the steady position slot WR with great quickness and excellent hands. McKenzie is the explosive screen game/return game guy. Same position, different skill sets.

Advertisement
WildcatDefense knows his stuff. I'm just saying its obvious some coaches/players down here don't like the Berrios offer. Berrios will prove his worth on the field

Is there still a debate about taking a kid who is intelligent and an EE over a kid who may not qualify but possesses a similar skill set?

WildcatDefense knows his stuff. I'm just saying its obvious some coaches/players down here don't like the Berrios offer. Berrios will prove his worth on the field
I wasn't attacking him, and I appreciated you telling him the truth and how it all went down instead of the "aw man, McKenzie is a beast, that Berries kid or whatever was garbage" that he heard and went with. At least he came here to verify it.

Advertisement
isaiah mckenzie can still play optomist ball...dude isnt over 150 pounds.

Berrios is pretty put together.

Mckenzie is Roscoe Parrish without the route running ability.

I'd take Berrios all day. McKenzie looked itty bitty and not really any more explosive. Berrios gets open, hence 2 TD catches. He's a way more finished product at this point, with equal athleticism.

I'd take Berrios all day. McKenzie looked itty bitty and not really any more explosive. Berrios gets open, hence 2 TD catches. He's a way more finished product at this point, with equal athleticism.

He bleeds green and orange like a Cane, think BB is going to be a beast before he graduates,

Advertisement

If we're talking WRs, no doubt Berrios is the better take, IMO. He's got great hands, better build, and super intelligent - all 3 very important qualities in a WR. McKenzie has had hands issues (allegedly), is very slight framed, and is allegedly a grades worry. So - yeah..... Berrios at WR is the for-sure take, IMO, if we're saying "Which 1 guy do we take at WR". But, as a return guy or a guy to save 1 or 2 special plays per game for, McKenzie seems to have that something special there in that department that is super, super rare.

Mckenzie is basically Brandon James at UF. Elite return guy but he's not somebody who will be an impact player on offense.

Berrios is an athletic freak. Short, but his attributes are impressive. I'm sure he's much more polished than McKenzie too.

Advertisement
Back