Uncle Luke new defensive coordinator at Norland

IHATETHISPLACE

Thunderdome
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/hssp...er-campbell-new-defensive-coordinator-at.html

618.jpg

He said he was officially introduced to the team Wednesday.

"I’m excited. I’m ready to go," Campbell, 53, said. "We got some young kids who were beat up last year because they were young. But they never laid down. [Head coach Daryle] Heidelburg is one of the best offensive coordinators, head coaches in the state. I’m excited. We've got some talented kids. All the defensive backs, that’s the best defensive backfield in the county. I’m happy."

Heidelburg said he's always respected Campbell as a coach. As district rivals, the two went head-to-head often over the last few seasons.

"I've known him for a minute and we were always talking about working together," Heidelburg said. "I have respect for what he did at Northwestern and Central playing against him. I didn’t really have to sell him too hard. He had offers to go other places, but like I said we’ve always been talking about it. The one thing I can say is he’s always been kid first. Those are the type of coaches I’m looking for."

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I like the hire. Personally, I sometimes think Luke brings up the racial card a bit too much. But given the recent issues with street agents and the like; Luke tends to have the best interest of his players in mind and doesn't steer them to satisfy his own agenda. Glad to see he ended up at Norland. Heard nothing but good things about their HC.

I like the hire. Personally, I sometimes think Luke brings up the racial card a bit too much. But given the recent issues with street agents and the like; Luke tends to have the best interest of his players in mind and doesn't steer them to satisfy his own agenda. Glad to see he ended up at Norland. Heard nothing but good things about their HC.

I agree with this.

Luke says a lot of dumb things but at the end of the day he seems to care about his players and isn't in it for selfish reasons.

That's because Luke is already paid up don't need to use a kid for his own personal gain. He can use a hoe for that if he wanna. Growing up all the ******* wanted Luke n Too $hort so I emulated Luke n Too $hort to get all the *******. #TRUSTOREE

Advertisement
agreed with DiegoCane, Luke tries to care for the kids.. and talks smack here and there to get his post clicks up but i have never seen him try to steer lets say a 5 start DT to a school that will pay him the most.

Here goes. The general consensus on the interwebs is that canes fans dont do Luke. Idk why, but that's what it seems.

I ain't from Dade so y'all that are probably hear more than i do and that's why u feel how u feel. But it's a lot of blame going around to a lot of places. Street agents, coaches, etc... Maybe da U has to win the hood over again. That's why all the recruits parents LOVE the U. They remember what the U stood for at one point. These jitts don't know about that. This is cyclical as far as what school in the state is on top.

Da U gotta go back to the dirt where it all started

Let me preface my question, I don't follow SoFla HS football all that closely:

Is he any good as an actual coach?

"Defense, Pop that ***** Pop Pop that *****.. *** quarterback in his mouth"

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back