Unc will tell everything we need to know

Cribby

All-American
Premium
This will tell us if it's the same ole same ole. If we come out strong and handle business then I'll feel a lot better going forward. But if we come out flat and proceed to have another mid season collapse it'll look way too familiar.

I'm not ready to call out Richt yet but something needs to definitely change with this offense , there's too much rpo crap and the offense doesn't seem constructed to fit Brads strengths.

How MR handles Brad will dictate where the offense goes, he needs to take a page out of Meyers playbook when he had Leak. Make the offense fitbthe qb, not the other way around. Let's just be a spread / shotgun offense until Brad leaves , he is what he is . Just like Berlin when he was here , he's just not comfortable under center.

Let's at least wait to this stretch is over before we lose it. Even though I get the reactions , we all suffer from battered women's syndrome from the last decade.

Advertisement
This will tell us if it's the same ole same ole. If we come out strong and handle business then I'll feel a lot better going forward. But if we come out flat and proceed to have another mid season collapse it'll look way too familiar.

I'm not ready to call out Richt yet but something needs to definitely change with this offense , there's too much rpo crap and the offense doesn't seem constructed to fit Brads strengths.

How MR handles Brad will dictate where the offense goes, he needs to take a page out of Meyers playbook when he had Leak. Make the offense fitbthe qb, not the other way around. Let's just be a spread / shotgun offense until Brad leaves , he is what he is . Just like Berlin when he was here , he's just not comfortable under center.

Let's at least wait to this stretch is over before we lose it. Even though I get the reactions , we all suffer from battered women's syndrome from the last decade.

The RPO was the only thing working last night (for the most part). We hit a lot of slants and bubble routes in the RPO. Also got decent runs with Yearby when we went up tempo RPO.

The problems on O come down to OL and Kayaa. Simple as that man. What could a coach possibly run to cover up the 2nost important units on offense?

Then throw in the fact that we have no speed at WR (no one really got separation down the field in man coverage), and they drop 1/3 of what's thrown to them... and it is what it is.

[MENTION=2343]Cribby[/MENTION]: That's exactly what I'm thinking. If we beat UNC after this heart breaking loss, then I won't worry about this team...but if we lose back to back games against horrendous defenses...I dunno homie, my BBB badge will come right back on.

The RPO was the only thing working last night (for the most part). We hit a lot of slants and bubble routes in the RPO. Also got decent runs with Yearby when we went up tempo RPO.

The problems on O come down to OL and Kayaa. Simple as that man. What could a coach possibly run to cover up the 2nost important units on offense?

Then throw in the fact that we have no speed at WR (no one really got separation down the field in man coverage), and they drop 1/3 of what's thrown to them... and it is what it is.

That slow *** , slow developing hand off is an rpo, it's trash . He can't read it fast enough because he's never did it. I can actually see him thinking as the ball is in the running backs stomach , I'm like " well dude, are you gonna pull it or not"? It's painful and so unnatural for him.

For the couple of completions we get a game we get a ton of short or losses on run. If they want to run it a few times a game fine but that garbage is being used way to much as the staple of the offense

Last edited:
Yep - we play 2 teams with sharp DCs. If they're anything worth their salt, they will find a way to easily shut us down if richt comes out with similar philosophies.

Advertisement

^This right here.
Although we'll get our answers before ND.
UNC and VT in the next 11 days will tell us all we need to know about Miami '16.

Yep - we play 2 teams with sharp DCs. If they're anything worth their salt, they will find a way to easily shut us down if richt comes out with similar philosophies.

Yep. Mean Jizzdik and Pud Foster will feast on us if we do the same thing.

Yep. Mean Jizzdik and Pud Foster will feast on us if we do the same thing.
Do you really expect to see something different?

Really good question and my answer is nope. Unfortunately, I fear the worst. What I've learned watching Folden, Philbin and other guys who get to this level, is that they believe their way is the best way and so then the problem becomes the players not executing their genius plans.

Advertisement

Richt seems to agree with me

Richt has said he’s both rusty as a play-caller (a job he’s performing for the first time in a decade) and said play-calling is “overrated.” Asked about his play-calling, he said he probably favored RPO (run-pass option) plays too much and didn’t call enough designed two-back runs (fullback blocking for a running back).
“We’ll get back to that” in the coming weeks, he said.

Advertisement
Back