UNC VS MIAMI 1/18

So far I can’t find odds posted for the big game tommorrow. I’m calling it Miami -2.
Call me crazy but we are at home and I don’t think we were happy with that FSU game. NC is very athletic but so are we. Charlie makes up for the bad foul and Wong plays much better.

Advertisement
Odds during the college basketball regular season typically aren't posted until either late the night before or early the morning of the game.

That said, I would expect UNC to be favored by 2 or 3 points when the line opens, assuming both our roster and UNC's roster are at full strength. Looking at two of the more prominent analytics sites, Kenpom has UNC favored by 3 and Torvik has UNC favored by 2, and opening lines typically won't stray too far from that.

Now I could see a scenario where the line starts at UNC -2.5 but Miami takes money from there. I think Miami's reputation is a bit stronger right now than our analytics suggest given how we've played since the Thanksgiving tournament. We're still trying to recover from the first seven games of the season in those type of rankings.

Advertisement
We lost to FSU because Wong wasn't "on", at least by his standards. The bench was also unspeakably bad. That said, it was still a one possession game.
True, but it seems in years past that hangover lasts more than we would ever like. Hope they put a stop to it now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back