UNC VS MIAMI 1/18

Best defensive performance of the season. We shut down Bacot (he ended up with 15 and 13 but most of that was in garbage time) and dominated Love and the rest of their guards. Sam not only had 21 points but played great defensively as well. Wow, what a win!

Advertisement
Me neither. And that halftime show was brutal. We're winning by **** near 30 points (and in first place) but all they can talk about in the studio is UNC. Dude's even referring to UNC as "we" the whole time. We've always known that the conference favors the Tobacco Road teams, but the ACC Network isn't even trying to hide it. I don't mind seeing that on a regional sports network where everyone is supposed to be homers, but the conference network shouldn't be so obvious.
At least Rece Davis seemed well-disposed towards the Canes. Sorta rooting us on all night, and to win by as much as possible.

Here are some of my thoughts from last night's impressive victory, particularly from the first half when game was being decided... Best half of basketball I've ever seen from Waardenburg. He was outstanding, not only on the offensive end but defensively as well. Put the cuffs on Bacot in the 1st half. For some people things click a little later than others and that may be the case with Sam. Still would like to see him on the boards more, but anything remotely close to this version of Sam the rest of the way and we're not only going to the big dance, there's a good chance we could make a deep run once we're there.... Granted, UNC didn't shoot particularly well but I'd like to think Miami had a lot to do with it. Canes defense did a great job of pressuring the ball, swarming and creating havoc in gaps and in the passing lanes. Haven't seen that kind of effort from a Miami team in some time... Larranaga's squad has been on quite a run during the last few weeks. They've been putting up points offensively for some time now and if they can continue to give this kind of effort on the defensive side then there's no telling how long this run will continue.... I know it was at home and UNC may have not been their sharpest, but that was as thorough an ***-whipping I've seen anyone give the Tarheels.... Lookin' forward to watching Miami destroy fspooh on Saturday.... GO CANES!!!

Last edited:
Eh, I wouldn't go that far. He kept bringing up the 62-26 beatdown Mack Brown gave us in 2020.
Yeah, he said that in terms of our hoops squad avenging the awful beating our football team took that day. Overall with Rece last night, if I was a UNC fan I would have clearly thought he showed favoritism to UM, 95% of the time in his remarks.

As the rout really snowballed, he seemed more than OK with it. I don't think he's a UM fan necessarily, but was enjoying the "news story" aspect of it all -- a "Blue Blood" program getting taken to the woodshed.

Advertisement
Last night we took out our anger for that BS call that cost us the W vs. FSU. We had a week to let that anger simmer and unfortunately for UNC they bore the brunt of it. FSU is next!

Revenge Of The Sith Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

Last night we took out our anger for that BS call that cost us the W vs. FSU. We had a week to let that anger simmer and unfortunately for UNC they bore the brunt of it. FSU is next!

Revenge Of The Sith Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars
This is a mentally tough team. After a horrible Orlando tourney and getting blown out by Bama, they respond by winning 9 straight. After getting robbed on the road at FSU, we beat UNC by nearly 30.

Advertisement
I rarely ***** about officiating and get annoyed when others do but these are some weak calls being made. Let the f’ing kids play please

Advertisement
Back