Unc Shannon with a message for Diaz and his 🍆 gobblers

Canezum5

Senior
Premium
Watch the 8:45 to 9:20 mark.

Sums it up perfectly. I dont want to hear jack Sh**t about the players.

Screenshot_20211126-123414_Chrome.jpg

You either coach it or you condone it đź—Łđź—Ł

Advertisement
****, Cincinnati is a top 4 team and they suck at penalties too. Biggest difference is they play sound fundamental football through the penalties.

We don't play sound defensively, special teams, or offensively.

So when we get penalties it RUINS us.

Penalties don't matter as much when you can properly match zone and play with good techniques, when you can catch consistently, tackle consistently.

So we can't afford to get so many penalties

Advertisement
LOL so our current coach and our top two choices have something in common, undisciplined teams.

B/c I live in Pac-12 territory, and even more so w/ me having one youngin on The UO team, Mario’s name coming up, & a client’s son (who’ve I’ve known since he was 10) a student there, one trend I have noticed is that when UO finds itself in tight games, it is due to lack of discipline. Typically they’ll pull it out at the end due to talent & toughness in the trenches, but often, the games r much closer than need be b/c of untimely penalties (see The Stanford game as an example).

That low key does worry me, which is y I said w/ Mario, I can see u racking up a bunch of Coastal, ACC, & NY6 bowls (which I would be ecstatic about w/ what we’ve witnessed), but Nat’l titles? I dunno. I feel like we’ll lose some stupid games b/c of untimely penalties or a lethargic offense.

****, Cincinnati is a top 4 team and they suck at penalties too. Biggest difference is they play sound fundamental football through the penalties.

We don't play sound defensively, special teams, or offensively.

So when we get penalties it RUINS us.

Penalties don't matter as much when you can properly match zone and play with good techniques, when you can catch consistently, tackle consistently.

So we can't afford to get so many penalties

Yeah, u make an excellent point. Not all penalties r created equal. When u have a team that can overcome undisciplined tendencies, it’s infuriating, but it’s not glaring. For a team like us, a holding or false start kills us.

Some of y’all forgot that some of our best season the teams were heavily penalized.
Some were bs calls too. And some were players being aggressive.

Advertisement
Yeah, u make an excellent point. Not all penalties r created equal. When u have a team that can overcome undisciplined tendencies, it’s infuriating, but it’s not glaring. For a team like us, a holding or false start kills us.
Does it though in offense? How many first drives did we see with TVD where we started with a hold or false start and ended up scoring on the drive. We have players on that side to make up for it. Where it hurts is on the defensive side where we are about to get the ball back and do something dumb and then can’t get off the field.

Does it though in offense? How many first drives did we see with TVD where we started with a hold or false start and ended up scoring on the drive. We have players on that side to make up for it. Where it hurts is on the defensive side where we are about to get the ball back and do something dumb and then can’t get off the field.

I see my edit didn’t post; but my edit was TVD has helped mitigate these deficiencies as of late. However. Kudos to him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back