UNC scandal

No one got a $25 steak dinner so it's all good. Gotta protect the integrity of our student athletes after all.

Advertisement
Like I told you all about the Auburn cheating "scandal," this is standard operating procedure everywhere. The "student-atholeets" for DI Football and Men's Basketball are really just unpaid workers. This ain't worth getting upset about. Everyone (yes, us too), is doing the shame ish.

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/ot-sec-cheating-scandal/123476

The only times the NCAA really drops the hammer is when $$$$ is involved. Paying the players would open the universities and NCAA up to worker's-comp injury lawsuits and multi-billion $ settlements. It sure as sht ain't about morality. This is just business.

Unfortunately, if the Canes tried to use that Carolina blueprint or one within 100 miles of it, today, Mark Emmert would have called a news conference where every major media player would have been panting in anticipation regarding the **** he was about to rain down on the "U", and Emmert would have not disappointed them!

Further, not only would ESPN have been calling for the death penalty for our basketball team, but would have been calling for all of Miami's athletic programs to be abolished, of course that's a redundant statement.

Conversely, had the NCAA granted the undeniable Carolina reprieve to the "U" the outcry across the country would have been deafening.

Emmert and his NCAA thugs are a shameful and terminal cancer eating away at the very fabric of college athletics.

Last edited:
Don't understand why people don't get it.

There's an accreditation board that determines the validity of courses provided by a school. These courses were provided for and attended by the general student body, not just athletes. End of story.

We got GaTech coming up and we're sitting here worrying about another school, in another sport. Must be a millennial thing to be this pathetic. Our cloud has already passed over. Move on man.

Took 7 years to investigate it too....

Advertisement
This deserves a few "academic" signs by those of us going to the UNC game coming up. Can't think of any right now myself, but how about we use this thread to come up with some creative signs?

This deserves a few "academic" signs by those of us going to the UNC game coming up. Can't think of any right now myself, but how about we use this thread to come up with some creative signs?

How about:

"I made this sign in a UNC 'Paper Course'"

"This sign was my final exam"

Advertisement
I'm going to throw out another unpopular opinion that I an sure will get eaten alive by our resident esquires, BUT

I cannot believe that Donna Shalala did not sue the **** out of the NCAA once it was learned that all they ever had was the illegally obtained statement of a convicted felon. Why we took that I'll never understand.

I'm going to throw out another unpopular opinion that I an sure will get eaten alive by our resident esquires, BUT

I cannot believe that Donna Shalala did not sue the **** out of the NCAA once it was learned that all they ever had was the illegally obtained statement of a convicted felon. Why we took that I'll never understand.

You realize that they threatened legal action, right? I know that facts won't get in the way of a good Dr. Shalala burn, but the fact that Miami took the NCAA to the mat, and exposed them through multiple channels(You really think those media leaks came out of thin air?) was the reason WHY Miami received minimal sanctions.

One of the big sports personalities, I think it was **** Vitale, said he feels the ruling would have been vastly different if Louisville had been engaged in this academic fraud instead of UNC. Basically outright said that the NCAA will never touch one its blue blood, marquee programs. So if you ever wondered why Bama doesn't get investigated for its well known bag game, now you have your answer. Certain schools are untouchable because of the size of the donor base and influence in the NCAA: Texas, UNC, Kentucky, Bama, Ohio State just to name a few.

Advertisement
[TWEET]918852364336971776[/TWEET]

Yeah, the textbook black market has turned 3rd stringers into millionaires.

Meanwhile, UNC and F$U offer classes that an elementary school kid could pass, fundamentally undermining the concept of being, you know, an actual UNIVERSITY.

There's an accreditation board that determines the validity of courses provided by a school. These courses were provided for and attended by the general student body, not just athletes. End of story.

We got GaTech coming up and we're sitting here worrying about another school, in another sport. Must be a millennial thing to be this pathetic. Our cloud has already passed over. Move on man.

First, our "cloud has NOT already passed over". The NCAA goes after us with a gusto that it does not have for other programs, and if you don't think that the FBI investigation is going to give the NCAA a hard-on for opening a branch office in Coral Gables, you are sorely mistaken.

Second, the "accreditation board" does not do a rundown of every single course at every single school. The various conservative and liberal media outlets are constantly reporting on some ridiculous college course offered by some school somewhere.

Finally, the issue is not the underlying coursework itself, which COULD be reviewed by an accrediting body. It is the way in which athletes are steered to those courses, it is the fact that the courses are usually not offered to the general student body (or even fit the curriculum for most majors that athletes are steered away from) and it is MOST CERTAINLY the way that the coursework is graded ("take home tests", "open book tests", etc.).

I went to UM when we got rid of the P.E. major that Vinnie Testaverde was studying. I tutored for the UM Athletic Department, and most of the players were either in the School of Business or the School of Communications (requires a double major).

If you don't like the thread, just leave.

Advertisement

$.02: UNC Degree

$.03: The "paper" it's printed on

Any Questions? If so, ask your "tutor"

Walk into oncoming traffic.

Took your suggestion and still didn't get hit.

First, our "cloud has NOT already passed over". The NCAA goes after us with a gusto that it does not have for other programs, and if you don't think that the FBI investigation is going to give the NCAA a hard-on for opening a branch office in Coral Gables, you are sorely mistaken.

Second, the "accreditation board" does not do a rundown of every single course at every single school. The various conservative and liberal media outlets are constantly reporting on some ridiculous college course offered by some school somewhere.

Finally, the issue is not the underlying coursework itself, which COULD be reviewed by an accrediting body. It is the way in which athletes are steered to those courses, it is the fact that the courses are usually not offered to the general student body (or even fit the curriculum for most majors that athletes are steered away from) and it is MOST CERTAINLY the way that the coursework is graded ("take home tests", "open book tests", etc.).

I went to UM when we got rid of the P.E. major that Vinnie Testaverde was studying. I tutored for the UM Athletic Department, and most of the players were either in the School of Business or the School of Communications (requires a double major).

If you don't like the thread, just leave.

Not gonna leave. This is a post I can get down with. Thanks for the insight. Better this than some of the whiny, y, ry shiit I commonly see.

I take online courses at a regionally accredited school. Work full-time, school full-time. I actively seek out "easier" professors to ease my burden. They're not paper courses for sure, but they are certainly easier to get by than most courses. So I just didn't see the big deal. Sure, majority of the students were athletes, but it wasn't exclusive to them.

You're right, how could I be entertaining this stupid thread when I've got so much important work to do to make sure the team is successful this weekend.

Must be a boomer thing to be so sanctimonious.

It must be. Not a boomer though, so wouldn't know.

Advertisement
Back