@UNC Noon ESPN2

With some rare exceptions (natural talents like Lonnie) the development of players into veteran capable ACC performers hasn't exactly happened with any regularity. If I were a "promising" recruit (or their parent or advisor) I don't think I would look to Miami currently as a place to grow and blossom (learn about and execute great team and individual skills.)

Another reason why "you-know-what" might be a positive change. Cynical yes, but this "crapshow", excuses and all notwithstanding, is getting old.
Actually, since Jekiri became the leading rebounder in the ACC I guess I could look at him as a "project" who became successful. Izundu, who came with more skill than TJ, didn't develop as much but looks pretty good about now!

Other front court players in the past 10 years like Graham, Swoope, Akpejiori, and, yes, DQ Jones (who never averaged more than 5 ppg) were all big-to-moderate disappointments.

Advertisement
...Just don't feel like making a comment about the great Kobe in the football pages, but we are talking about player capability and development here, so:

I many times roasted A-rod and Newton (and other overly-eager shooters that miss too often and should pass more) as "Kobe-wannabe's"...

...which really was mainly a huUuge tribute to Kobe's offensive skills. Of course there are other aspects of greatness. R.I.P. Kobe, you are missed.

Advertisement
Back