UNC is over. We play Wake Forest next.

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
I know you can't ignore what happened last night, but the best thing we can do now is learn from the mistakes, and treat this as a learning experience (**** I sound like a teacher) and not sit around and ***** and mope (I'm talking about the team and players, not just the fans).

Wake is not good (but no one thought UNC was good). On paper we crush them (on paper we crushed UNC too). It's at home so I truly do believe we win easily, but I want to see how this team rebounds. The win over UNC was emotionally draining for many reasons, and they've got to flush it out of their system, like right now. Also, we absolutely cannot look ahead to FSU. The Wake game is extremely important. We need to play well. We cannot sleepwalk through this game. We need to come out and dominate and be firing on all cylinders because the real test is the week after. Yes, we need to get things ironed out and get guys healthy, but this team needs confidence too, especially Morris and the defense.

They need, and I hate this word with a passion, to get the swagger back. It wasn't there last night. UNC had it. They were jumping around and talking trash. We were taking it like little *******. We honestly looked shell shocked after Duke and PD got hurt. We had no emotion and a guy like Gunter looked like he was ready to cry after he was beat for the TD, and Seantrell looked like someone ran over his dog after Morri's pass hit him in the *** for the INT. The guys looked like they were in disbelief. I've never seen a Golden team look like that. I was convinced we had already lost the game because it looked like they were too. Thankfully we got it together, but we need to get the confidence back.

We need to punch Wake in the mouth early and often and send a message to them and FSU that the UNC game was not the real Miami. More importantly, we need to send a message to ourselves that the UNC game was not the real Miami.

We need to destroy Wake Forest.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That Halloween game in 2009 still gives me nightmares, despite the win. Can we just blow them out of the water for my blood pressures sake?

Advertisement
That Halloween game in 2009 still gives me nightmares, despite the win. Can we just blow them out of the water for my blood pressures sake?

If you have blood pressure issues, this is not good for your health.

Also, if you're going to the game, and you boo Morris after he makes his first mistake, you suck at life.

Wake is not good. UNC is underachieving. That's a difference. We should roll in this one at home.

I agree, we should, and I'm not worried about this game like I was about UNC, but I'd still to see a complete game. We need to go into Tallahassee on a roll, on a high, not limping in.

Advertisement
UNC had played two top 25 teams and was battle tested...Wake will be getting punched in the mouth hard...

Wake is awful this game should not be close. I don't care what Dan E. Dangerously says, we should kill them.

Advertisement
Wake beat NC St who played Clemson close so...**** it, they do suck. They lost to Louisiana-Monroe. We win by 4 TD (at least).

Wake Forest stats

Total Offense: 112
Rushing Offense: 108
Passing Offense: 76
Passing Efficiency: 76
Scoring Offense: 104
Red Zone Offense: 111

Total Defense: 42
Rushing Defense: 66
Passing Defense (Yards): 34
Passing Efficiency Defense: 60
Scoring Defense: 34
Turnover Margin: 49
Red Zone Defense: 79

Last edited:
Advertisement
Road game in primetime against a desperate division opponent playing to save their season was bound to be tough. The fact the Canes did it with two of their three best offensive players out and the third playing like **** speaks volumes.

Road game in primetime against a desperate division opponent playing to save their season was bound to be tough. The fact the Canes did it with two of their three best offensive players out and the third playing like **** speaks volumes.

Dorsett is not the 3rd best offensive player, but I see the point you were trying to make

6,965 tickets left. We're obviously not going to have 65,000 fans in the stands (capacity with the tarps) but it would be nice to have a great crowd. The team deserves it. They will be ranked anywhere from 6-9 (depending on what others do this today) and they deserve a loud supporting crowd to give them a nice send off before they head to Tallahassee.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back