UNC Coaches talk Miami Game

Advertisement
i'm claiming the refs is the reason they broke a record, and with having the ball for 40 minutes, 0 chance we were gonna win that game.

I’m claiming ya’ll mofos r drunk & high af w/ an inability to grasp reality.

I need u to show me the holding here:

I also need u to show me the holding here:

If there’s one game I’ve tortured myself w/ over & over & over & over & over again is this one to make sure I didn’t imagine chit or that somehow Tobacco Rd Mafia made a phone call to the boys. Neither were true; we got thoroughly & soundly beat the fck up this game. Most of those run plays, our DL was so out of position, all UNC’s line had to do was love tap them on the shoulder pads to keep them going on their beaten paths.

Refs had chit to do w/ us losing & definitely had chit to do w/ them setting records. It had everything to do w/ our 33% 3rd down conversion ratio, and gaining 15 1st downs in a 60 minute game or gaining a 1st down once every 4 minutes.

Never forget….
4500B28A-7BC3-4594-872F-DE3A9F1E4114.jpeg

Advertisement
I’m claiming ya’ll mofos r drunk & high af w/ an inability to grasp reality.

I need u to show me the holding here:

I also need u to show me the holding here:

If there’s one game I’ve tortured myself w/ over & over & over & over & over again is this one to make sure I didn’t imagine chit or that somehow Tobacco Rd Mafia made a phone call to the boys. Neither were true; we got thoroughly & soundly beat the fck up this game. Most of those run plays, our DL was so out of position, all UNC’s line had to do was love tap them on the shoulder pads to keep them going on their beaten paths.

Refs had chit to do w/ us losing & definitely had chit to do w/ them setting records. It had everything to do w/ our 33% 3rd down conversion ratio, and gaining 15 1st downs in a 60 minute game or gaining a 1st down once every 4 minutes.

UNC let our DL get upfield with little resistance. We ran ourselves out of every play. Their OL was free to get to the second level all day because our coaches had zero idea on how to counter it which is just sad.

The losing team always complains about the refs. Truth is that Refs call games about the same for everyone.

We just grind on these details because it is somewhat comforting that it may not be that we actually sucked.

Kind of refreshing hearing the analysis on Miami from our opponent. If we heard the same things from our own coaches, CIS would scoff at it.

Advertisement
Our pass rush didn't suck that year though...Phillips was hugged all game. Edit: Ivey also had an INT in coverage against Brown lol
Y'all having some revisionist history. What I remember is our DEs rushing upfield taking themselves out of the play freeing the tackles to get to the 2nd level.

UNC averaged 10 yards per carry BEFORE contact. That was the worst coached game I've ever seen!!!!

You can watch the analysis on YouTube and see the schematic failure with no adjustment. Mack knew how to exploit Manny's defense. He was his DC at Texas.

Mack is experienced enough not to give any billboard material. What he is really thinking is.
1665168593152.gif

Advertisement
Kinda funny watching their DC say that Miami has great receivers. I know it's coach speak, but that is crossing the line.

Advertisement
UNC let our DL get upfield with little resistance. We ran ourselves out of every play. Their OL was free to get to the second level all day because our coaches had zero idea on how to counter it which is just sad.

This is all 100% pure facts. I couldn’t & wouldn’t believe my eyes.

Advertisement
Back