UM vs Pitt

Advertisement
Advertisement
So tired of this. Stayed up all night for NSD and I'm not in the mood for this. Tennis got screwed over too so I'm ready to bite heads off hamsters. Gotta finish strong Canes.

We're still getting punished for last year. No other explanation. We've lost so many games this year that we've been either winning or tied with less than 5 minutes left (both Syracuse games, FSU, VT, GW, Pitt, St. Francis, I'm sure I'm missing some) it's getting a bit absurd.

Not really sure what Coach L was doing with his rotation tonight. I know Jekiri was in foul trouble, and I know Kelly could only play like 2 minutes because of his ankle, but leaving ROK in and not playing Kirk was odd, and having both ROK and Swoope on the floor down the stretch was very odd, and put us at HUGE offensive disadvantage. I also thought he waited too long to get Reed back in the game late, and in OT. Coach is the man, so I'm not complaining, it was just odd.

Advertisement
Not really sure what Coach L was doing with his rotation tonight. I know Jekiri was in foul trouble, and I know Kelly could only play like 2 minutes because of his ankle, but leaving ROK in and not playing Kirk was odd, and having both ROK and Swoope on the floor down the stretch was very odd, and put us at HUGE offensive disadvantage. I also thought he waited too long to get Reed back in the game late, and in OT. Coach is the man, so I'm not complaining, it was just odd.

Kirk was 0-4 shooting with 2 rebounds in 22 minutes, and had a couple of "softer" plays where he didn't make hard fouls or fight through contact, etc. He also had that boneheaded five second call. It's possible that we had seen too much of that and decided his head wasn't in the game tonight. That being said, there is such a drop-off between Kirk and Akpejiori typically that it still doesn't make a ton of sense. Reed was 1 of 9 from the floor, which didn't help his cause at all. Not saying whether he should or shouldn't have gone back to them, considering the limited other options, but neither guy had any real positive impact while they were on the floor for a combined 40+ minutes.

Garrius Adams has to play a lot I get that but is there a worse 3 point shooter in the country? He should not attempt one unless the shot clock is approaching zero.

We are extremely well coached we dont have anywhere near the caliber of players to close down games

Next year we are back in the dance and ranked

Advertisement
We're still getting punished for last year. No other explanation. We've lost so many games this year that we've been either winning or tied with less than 5 minutes left (both Syracuse games, FSU, VT, GW, Pitt, St. Francis, I'm sure I'm missing some) it's getting a bit absurd.

The sad part is we're not that far this year. Is it hard to believe that Burnett would average 6 PPG? In addition, having him opens some of the other guys up for better looks.

Add it to the list

St. Francis (lost by 4)

UCF (lost by 5)

GW (we had the lead with a minute remaining and the last possession)

VT (we had the lead with 19 seconds remaining and the last possession, then we lost by 1 in overtime)

@ Cuse (lost by 5)

Cuse (lost by 12 but we had the game tied with 5 minutes left and we were unable to score for 7.5 minutes)

Pitt (lost by 4)

Hopefully these games are teaching the young players like Davon and Manu, so next year when we are legit we won't fold in the closing minutes. We gon be nasty next year.

Have to feel for the seniors though. Brutal way to be finishing up your college career. Close loss after close loss is hard to watch for them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back