UM vs. Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I hope to Allah UM isn't matched with Johnny Football. The Aggies might literally score 75 on this UM defense.

It won't matter though because we beat Pitt even though we gave up 500 again and made them look like anything but the 106th ranked offense in FBS.

The defense sucks....hard to debate. Needs to be fixed.....duh.

You can't just discard this win though Chise. You even said yourself this would be a tough game to win up here in December. We did. You gave props to Christ for being a good offensive coach.

Golden just coached the TEAM to a win. No credit?

Context. I said it would be a tough game because WE SUCK. It shouldn't be a tough game in year 3 of Tin's tenure with all the holes Pitt was trying to fill with their 4th HC in 4 years.

It's great to get the win, but I'm no longer going to act like the only thing that matters is getting a win. I did the same whistling through the graveyard that you're doing now for the first 7 games of this season because we kept eeking out wins. You have to play good football. Just winning against ****** teams like this isn't enough because you're not fixing the problems the cause you to lose to decent/mediocre teams.

I hope to Allah UM isn't matched with Johnny Football. The Aggies might literally score 75 on this UM defense.

It won't matter though because we beat Pitt even though we gave up 500 again and made them look like anything but the 106th ranked offense in FBS.

The defense sucks....hard to debate. Needs to be fixed.....duh.

You can't just discard this win though Chise. You even said yourself this would be a tough game to win up here in December. We did. You gave props to Christ for being a good offensive coach.

Golden just coached the TEAM to a win. No credit?

Context. I said it would be a tough game because WE SUCK. It shouldn't be a tough game in year 3 of Tin's tenure with all the holes Pitt was trying to fill with their 4th HC in 4 years.

It's great to get the win, but I'm no longer going to act like the only thing that matters is getting a win. I did the same whistling through the graveyard that you're doing now for the first 7 games of this season because we kept eeking out wins. You have to play good football. Just winning against ****** teams like this isn't enough because you're not fixing the problems the cause you to lose to decent/mediocre teams.

Agreed, however, this PITT team just beat a pretty solid ND team just a short three weeks ago up there. Obviously that was a pretty bad loss for ND but this PITT team isn't that terrible. I agree we need to play WAY better though. This Defense is not acceptable and I think privately Golden would tell you the same thing.

Advertisement
Once again we win because of our OFFENSE, in spite of Doh'rito's ****-for-brains scheme. As much work as the offense needs it still continues to bail out Doh'rito's scheme.

Another 500 yards given up if they get a drive here, and why wouldn't they?

Why does that matter?
Because when you give up 500+ yds per game you will never be a champ caliber team. And if you can't hold subpar talent to below 500 yds with subpar talent you won't hold Alabama/FSU caliber teams to below 500 yards regardless of the talent you bring in.

We are not a championship caliber team. We were not last week. We will not be one in the bowl game.

I did not expect to be one since last Saturday.

Of course we're not. Which was my point. And we never will be with a defensive scheme that allows 500 yards to teams with subpar talent.

Just stop allowing them on a consistent basis and I'll be content

I've learned to be content with winning any way possible... I'll be concerned with the "how" next year.

And that's cool. I, on the other hand, while definitely happy with the win still think we should have seen more Improvement on defense this year and would like to see the defense to play with a little more urgency and pride. Is expecting more out of this team acceptable or do I need to whistle zippity-do-da out of my bumhole after every win no matter what we look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back