UM vs ND Tickets?

Alcohol! Do U realize gators/irish watch games sober!? Clean and sober.
JK-couldn't help self.
BTW I'll be there. Huge treat for us ChicagoCanes.

Advertisement
well I got a rude awakening when I went to the ACC tournament in Philips Arena in Atlanta...got club seats thinking alcohol would be sold, but nope not since it was an ACC sanctioned event even though it was off campus. So Im hoping there will be alcohol sold at the game.

Are you guys kidding me?? You know what it takes to get tickets at any of our rival schools? You have to donate for the RIGHT to buy season tickets... and you aren't guaranteed. Go look at the UF page. You're complaining about having to donate a TAX DEDUCTIBLE $250 to UM in order to get a decades awaited game against Notre frickin' Dame????

Plus, its not them holding your hand to the fire. Its simple math. UM has a certain amount of tickets, and the demand is going to be high. Therefore, they are telling everyone that there is only going to be enough tickets for supporters of $250 or more. ****, at UF you could donate $250 and be told that YOU CAN'T BUY SEASON TICKETS, OR ANY TICKETS, BUT THANKS FOR THE DONATION:

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/pack_searchtix.htmI?l=EN&CNTX=701d3702614c792648ca008040f5e503

You guys have the greatest bargain of all the big time programs and you whine about supporting the non-profit UM football program that works with 10's of millions of dollars less than our rivals.

If you don't want to donate... if you don't want to support the team.. don't. But you have zero right to complain that you can't get your precious single game ticket to a Notre Dame home game in Chicago. Put up or shut up (no offense).

Boom!

I'm moving from Miami and still making the donation so I can go to this game. Tickets will be in the $125 range according to the UM ticket office. Can't wait to tear up Chicago

Anybody know if there will be alcohol sold for the game?

I sure as **** hope so...I was at the South FL game last year and it was great because they were pushing brews.

As far as tickets. We paid a high price. The most I have ever paid for one ticket to a game. But, we are gonna have one helluva time.

Advertisement
They will sell you ticekts at $75/pop when no one dishes out the $250 or you can just buy it at aroudn $75/pop online 2-3 months before the game.

And ***** them selling their overpriced Miller Lite. Bring in your own alcohol.

Yep, ND is controlling ticketing and the game is set to air on NBC.

I was under the impression that we have a scheduled home and home series with ND and this is supposed to be a neutral site. Sure the location makes it a de facto home game for them,but the ticket split was supposed to be divided evenly. If not then that's another example of our AD dept shorting us once again. And they wonder why donations continue to dwindle. Our ticket office is run by incompetents,so anyone expecting a smooth transaction is foolish. Even though the game has been set for over a year,I'm willing to wager 2 of my 4 tix that it is going to another cluster**ck.

Bingo. We should not have agreed to give them home team level control over tickets to a neutral site game. It makes no sense. I get that its "only $250," but the fan base shouldnt be bent over a desk because the athletic department doesn't know how to negotiate scheduling issues. Plus, its "only $250" for 2 tickets, not the right to buy what you want/need. Its "only $1,250" for the right to buy 6 tickets. I figure I will need about 8, so spare me the preaching about how I should be fortunate that I have the right to buy 2 tickets for a $250 donation. UM should have at least 25/30% control over tickets to meet need. They can give tickets back if they don't sell them. You don't just lay down and give Notre Dame whatever they want before knowing if you can meet demand.

You are playing a high profile road game in a major city with a substantial amount of alumni, and we just give Notre Dame 90% of the tickets for the honor of playing them. That is a joke. The donation levels are a secondary issue, UM should have at least 25/30% control over tickets to meet need. They can give tickets back if they don't sell them. You don't just lay down and give Notre Dame whatever they want before knowing if you can meet demand. Its counter productive and it frustrates and alienates fans/alumni who would otherwise like to support the school.

wheres the local jump off to watch the game. I might check out chi town for the weekend and try to scalp but if they are out of my range I'll need a spot to watch the game

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back