UM vs ND Tickets?

USwag

Recruit
Premium
Any idea how to come across some affordable tickets for the game @ Soldier Field? I recently renewed my season tickets and was told the only way to be eligible for tickets for the ND game was to donate $250 to UM. Also if you were to donate $250 you were put in a lottery for the tickets, not even guaranteed. I aslo checked some websites like stubhub and the tickets are starting anywhere from $275-300, which I find ridiculous. So if anyone knows something, I will appreciate the info thanks.

Advertisement
Once again the UM ticket office has us by the balls. You'd think after the outpouring of complaints from the OSU disaster in Columbus they would have learned. UM will be making a profit from this game. No need to gouge season ticket holders any further.

They haven't distributed them yet. You'll get some more info in a few months as a season ticket holder. I'm pretty sure the $250 donation is only to be guaranteed tickets to that game (they did the same thing for the OSU game 2 years ago). As a season ticket holder you will get a chance (after donors) to purchase tickets if there are any left. At least that's how it's been in the past.

Are you guys kidding me?? You know what it takes to get tickets at any of our rival schools? You have to donate for the RIGHT to buy season tickets... and you aren't guaranteed. Go look at the UF page. You're complaining about having to donate a TAX DEDUCTIBLE $250 to UM in order to get a decades awaited game against Notre frickin' Dame????

Plus, its not them holding your hand to the fire. Its simple math. UM has a certain amount of tickets, and the demand is going to be high. Therefore, they are telling everyone that there is only going to be enough tickets for supporters of $250 or more. ****, at UF you could donate $250 and be told that YOU CAN'T BUY SEASON TICKETS, OR ANY TICKETS, BUT THANKS FOR THE DONATION:

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/pack_searchtix.htmI?l=EN&CNTX=701d3702614c792648ca008040f5e503

You guys have the greatest bargain of all the big time programs and you whine about supporting the non-profit UM football program that works with 10's of millions of dollars less than our rivals.

If you don't want to donate... if you don't want to support the team.. don't. But you have zero right to complain that you can't get your precious single game ticket to a Notre Dame home game in Chicago. Put up or shut up (no offense).

Are you guys kidding me?? You know what it takes to get tickets at any of our rival schools? You have to donate for the RIGHT to buy season tickets... and you aren't guaranteed. Go look at the UF page. You're complaining about having to donate a TAX DEDUCTIBLE $250 to UM in order to get a decades awaited game against Notre frickin' Dame????

Plus, its not them holding your hand to the fire. Its simple math. UM has a certain amount of tickets, and the demand is going to be high. Therefore, they are telling everyone that there is only going to be enough tickets for supporters of $250 or more. ****, at UF you could donate $250 and be told that YOU CAN'T BUY SEASON TICKETS, OR ANY TICKETS, BUT THANKS FOR THE DONATION:

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/pack_searchtix.htmI?l=EN&CNTX=701d3702614c792648ca008040f5e503

You guys have the greatest bargain of all the big time programs and you whine about supporting the non-profit UM football program that works with 10's of millions of dollars less than our rivals.

If you don't want to donate... if you don't want to support the team.. don't. But you have zero right to complain that you can't get your precious single game ticket to a Notre Dame home game in Chicago. Put up or shut up (no offense).

Well written Bombster.

Advertisement
Bomb is 100% right. A $250 donation to the Hurricane Club is friggin peanuts. Based on previous years donations, giving $250 is going to mean you've got the right to purchase ND tickets. If you don't donate, you're still in line for ND tickets...you're just at the end of the line.

Be thankful UM is telling you where you will likely need to be to get tickets. They could just keep silent, distrubute tickets and let the chips fall where they may. How ****ed would you be to find out later if you were $50 under the threshold? Other schools let you guess and you have to donate as much as you can to hope you get tickets for road games.

And by the way if you're a season ticket holder whose seats require a donation, your donation for said seats counts toward that $250.

This is an alleged nuetral site. Supposed to be 50-50 split. Soldier Field holds about 70K give or take. You really think 35K UM fans will be clamoring for tickets? No way. If it was an actual away game where we received an allotment of say 6-8 thousand tix, I could see some sort of lottery or "donation" fee to be in line. I understand that how it works. But for those of us that are long time season ticket holders and have children attending UM, and donate according to our own will and amount and travel to away games and buy UM gear and pay for parking etc etc,this is another attempt to part money frpom your wallet. I realize all athletic programs do this.

This is an alleged nuetral site. Supposed to be 50-50 split. Soldier Field holds about 70K give or take. You really think 35K UM fans will be clamoring for tickets? No way. If it was an actual away game where we received an allotment of say 6-8 thousand tix, I could see some sort of lottery or "donation" fee to be in line. I understand that how it works. But for those of us that are long time season ticket holders and have children attending UM, and donate according to our own will and amount and travel to away games and buy UM gear and pay for parking etc etc,this is another attempt to part money frpom your wallet. I realize all athletic programs do this.

"Please note: As the University of Miami is the visiting team for this game, tickets will be allocated by Notre Dame."

Advertisement

if its a neutral site game.......it wont be a 50/50 split........as some will be released to the general public through the stadium......and ND will sell more of their allotment than we will because our ticket office sucks........so there will be some of our allotment that will wind up being released anyway

secondly.......the game isnt for 6 months........wait awhile and prices will come down

As many of us keep pointing out whenever this topic comes up, it's not a 50/50 split (And SF doesn't hold 70K).

As many of us keep pointing out whenever this topic comes up, it's not a 50/50 split (And SF doesn't hold 70K).

I can't guarantee it, but I think I read somewhere going back that we have 15k tickets or something. The stadium gets some, the Bears admin and season ticket holders get some, and ND gets the lion's share as from what I understand this is technically a ND home game.

Good work here, String.

Advertisement

Bomb's right on with this post.

Yep, ND is controlling ticketing and the game is set to air on NBC.

I was under the impression that we have a scheduled home and home series with ND and this is supposed to be a neutral site. Sure the location makes it a de facto home game for them,but the ticket split was supposed to be divided evenly. If not then that's another example of our AD dept shorting us once again. And they wonder why donations continue to dwindle. Our ticket office is run by incompetents,so anyone expecting a smooth transaction is foolish. Even though the game has been set for over a year,I'm willing to wager 2 of my 4 tix that it is going to another cluster**ck.

I absolutely hate that **cking Notre Dame bone deep, top to bottom, corner to corner, front to back.

What's with our AD? Habit to bend over to ND and take a good rooting? I'd tell ND to kiss my rosy red ****** if we can't get a decent location and half the tickets. Either neutral is neutral, or it isn't.

Frikkin' Notre Dame. I hope we stomp a mudhole in their asses and then wade it dry.

Advertisement
I have never met a single season ticket holder that was not able to get least 2 away game tickets for any game that he requested. We've been season ticket holders for a long time and have never had an issue getting at least 2 tickets no matter what game it was (all the bowl games including NC games, UF, FSU, VT, OU, OSU, etc.). Why don't we stop the *****ing until we see how the tickets are actually allotted? Of course the University is going to say stuff to entice you to donate and such, they do it every year, but when only a few thousand people actually request tickets they always open it up to normal season ticket holders. Now, if you aren't a season ticket holder, than you're probably out of luck but that's how it is at any football school.

I'm not singling out anyone in this thread (honest) but I'm more addressing a common theme on this board, back on Grassy before the exodus, etc. Some people can't see the forest for the trees. What the **** are we going to do with 30,000 tickets to a game in Chicago? Seriously. You think we should've skipped out on three attention heavy games because we're not getting an equal split at Soldier Field? Whether it's 15,000 or 17,500 tickets, that's plenty. We don't have enough fans to demand that Notre Dame bend to our will. People are lining up to face them, not us. People would love to have ND come to their house because they sell tickets. We don't. People are lined up around the block to play them, not us. This is a good deal for us. We're going to make a fair amount of money for this game, it's going to be in primetime. It's going to lead into a true home and home after it.

And for the record, donations are up. Way up.

When the dust settles, I'd wager that season ticket holders under the $250 donation mark will get tickets. The U is just telling folks where they expect the line to be to virtually guarantee ticket access.

I got lucky, my brother who lives in Chicago was able to buy a bunch off of Bears season ticket holders, club level $175 a pop

Advertisement
Back