UM vs FSU Wednesday - Ticket

Advertisement
Final 68-62. An FSU lay in on an offensive rebound on one end and an Izundu missed dunk following an offensive rebound on our end ultimately did us in. That said, this group gives it their all. Hard not to root for them.

Advertisement
Fair to say based on the margins we’ve lost by that we’re 13-2 (2-1 ACC) with Dewan.

Yep. This is a tournament team with Dewan, at the least they are a solid bubble team. People forget that having an additional body helps, and when it's a body that can give you 14 PPG and 8 RPG a night, that's huge. Imagine how many points Dewan saves this team defensively, due to his athletic ability.

Guy I sold my ticket to was a reasonably pleasant FSU fan. I had mentioned Iast year's game in Tally I attended FSU vs UM went to overtime. When FSU went up 11 he confidently remarked to me "ain't gonna be no overtime tonight!"...

..when it closed to 64-62 I asked him if he believed in jinxes. ****, I wanted an offensive foul on them at the end so so bad. It was in front of me and looked clear.

Coach L seemed to be yelling vehemently at either Lykes or the refs all night. When he took his jacket off I was actually afraid of a heart attack or something. This season is taking its toll I think.

Guy I sold my ticket to was a reasonably pleasant FSU fan. I had mentioned Iast year's game in Tally I attended FSU vs UM went to overtime. When FSU went up 11 he confidently remarked to me "ain't gonna be no overtime tonight!"...

..when it closed to 64-62 I asked him if he believed in jinxes. ****, I wanted an offensive foul on them at the end so so bad. It was in front of me and looked clear.

Coach L seemed to be yelling vehemently at either Lykes or the refs all night. When he took his jacket off I was actually afraid of a heart attack or something. This season is taking its toll I think.

If he isn't yelling, people think he's given up. If he's yelling, that means he's losing it. L knows he has to give this team everything he has, because you have to in order to stand a chance. That means he has to work the refs harder now than ever before. Miami has to exploit every loophole, every little gap in the rulebook in order to stand a chance. L is doing that. He knows this team has to be perfect in order to win, and he's coaching that way. He isn't tolerant of any stupid crap, because he knows that one wasted possession will sink this team.

Advertisement
If he isn't yelling, people think he's given up. If he's yelling, that means he's losing it. L knows he has to give this team everything he has, because you have to in order to stand a chance. That means he has to work the refs harder now than ever before. Miami has to exploit every loophole, every little gap in the rulebook in order to stand a chance. L is doing that. He knows this team has to be perfect in order to win, and he's coaching that way. He isn't tolerant of any stupid crap, because he knows that one wasted possession will sink this team.
I hear what you are saying and agree. I like an "engaged" coach. Watching Dabo annoys me but if I were a Clemson fan I'd feel differently.

But just a feeling here; he seems more frustrated and exasperated than normal. I've seen him get mad and act out before; I'm thinking it may be taking it's toll. Hope not.

I hear what you are saying and agree. I like an "engaged" coach. Watching Dabo annoys me but if I were a Clemson fan I'd feel differently.

But just a feeling here; he seems more frustrated and exasperated than normal. I've seen him get mad and act out before; I'm thinking it may be taking it's toll. Hope not.
I agree but ... I thought his facial expression and demeanor was more concerning last year, when it was unclear what his personal involvement was gonna be judged to be. Those USC, Arizona and OU assistant coaches involved with the FBI appear to really be facing actual jail time. I think this year it's just the strain of losing (which is more understandable, and over time, "fixable").

Advertisement
Back