UM vs Clemson 10/10 Any given Saturday

This has to be it CANES!!... thoughts??

We all know the cards we hold with Rhett/King, elite RB stable, elite TEs, DL strength, stud kicker and punter, the vast improvement of our OL, strong S game and deficiencies in CB/LB. We also know Trevor and Etienne are generational players and best in the country. We also know of their coaching, strong recruiting and winning culture.

But… WE NOW CAN BEAT this team any given Saturday. This is the year, the right time when we can be right there with them. Saturday,October 10th 2020 is it!.. why

Key of the game for UM: UM DL (Elite, deep group) vs Clemson OL

Some reports stating their OL is not getting desirable push and the backups are not there yet… they are young. I believe our DL eats and pressure Trevor the whole game. Etienne eats but we need to contain him to a good day instead of a monster day. UM DL must have monster game to help our LBs.

GREGORY ROUSSEAU - If only you could play this game …****!

Clemson OL

2019 strength to 2020 weakness

Lost All-American Guard John Simpson

Lost All-ACC Guard Tremayne Anchrum

Lost 4 OL starters from 2019 / only returns the LT

Lack of depth with experienced/developed players

Clemson OL is thin at tackle position

Clemson Key Talent losses - MAJOR departures

All American and ACC defensive player of the year Isaiah Simmons

1st All-ACC CB A.J Terrell

1st All-ACC S/LB Tanner Muse

1st All-ACC Tee Higgins

4th Round Pick Starting S K’Von Wallace

Stud WR/Best Team WR Justyn Ross – injury

Clemson other 2020 weakness DB and LB

UM other PROs

We are healthy and fresh

We have 2 weeks to prepare

Rhett unleashes tricks and wonders with 2 weeks

UM Other Cons

Performance after bye weeks in 2019. Hope Rhett is that game changer and Diaz has learned
Defense - I think we play solid despite known holes

Prediction – close game

It has to be close ..even for the ACC tiebreaker criteria
Offense won’t be the problem here. We’re going to have out score them

Advertisement
Someone once mentioned "that's why they play the game" Maybe we get blown out, maybe we don't. Syracuse and Pitt were never going to beat Clemson either.
That's true but I can't pretend that this is just any given saturday for clemson. When it comes to big games for them, reminding people why they're the top dogs and making a statement is their M.O.

Hopefully we can pull out a W because if we do it will be more than well deserved.

I don’t see a way we hold them from scoring unless baker has something he’s been hiding.
My question is will we score as much to keep it close.
Can’t be muffing pints and dropping balls and expect to beat them.
Our secondary better be on some ESP level of communication in 2 weeks.

Hopefully Bronco can expose some weaknesses on Saturday and Baker can take notes.

I really think our kicking game is better, and that could be the difference. Not so much punting, since we expect to score not punt. But several drives that might stall at their 30 could mean FG x 3 for each. So I'm thinking 33-31 win with 4 FGs is feasible.

Advertisement
That's true but I can't pretend that this is just any given saturday for clemson. When it comes to big games for them, reminding people why they're the top dogs and making a statement is their M.O.

Hopefully we can pull out a W because if we do it will be more than well deserved.
Oh yeah, if we win we are going to have to earn it.

I don’t see a way we hold them from scoring unless baker has something he’s been hiding.
My question is will we score as much to keep it close.
Can’t be muffing pints and dropping balls and expect to beat them.
Our secondary better be on some ESP level of communication in 2 weeks.

Hopefully Bronco can expose some weaknesses on Saturday and Baker can take notes.
This all day. We can't drop punts, miss guys wide open, drop passes, or get dumb, drive extending penalties and expect to win. IMO we're a very good team win or lose this game and we've got a pretty tough road all season, can't place too much emphasis on this one game.

On defense will have to be disciplined.
Clemsom executes misdirection really really well and we are not exactly known for our gap discipline. If Etienne gets going and puts them constantly in second and short...third and short then everything is available for them and we won't have a chance.
Can't over run plays and leave open lanes for Etienne. Lawrence can run too...so got to keep that in mind too.
On offense I'm sure that they will commit to stopping the run and taking Jordan away. Make our wideouts beat them. That DC will get preassure on us we have to be ready for that. If our wideouts win we have a chance to stay with them. Mallory win have opportunities if they are taking Jordan away.
We shall see.

Advertisement
We need you guys to be back in a real big way. We also need FSU and VT to get their proverbial **** together. Couple that with a rising Louisville and UNC, then the ACC is respectable every year and elite every 3-4 years.

That being said, I think you're still a year or 2 away. The Louisville game brought back memories of the Clemson teams led by Tajh Boyd. Tajh and Clemson went 22-4 his last two years before we turned the corner 2 years later. I think the same of you guys. Athletes everywhere, what looks like you finally having the right HC and most importantly... National MOMENTUM.

Really looking forward to this game.

Prediction: Clemson 44 Miami 28.

Let's not get carried away here.....Clemson is the TRUTH. It will take an absolute almost perfect game in all 3 phases for us to go into the 4th qtr within about 7-10 pts. This team is well coached, at this point they have a Top 10 blue chip ratio on the roster, and they BELIEVE and trust the scheme. How will we respond after an Etienne 75 yard TD run on the opening drive, followed by a 50 yard fumble recovery returned for a TD, and 3 minutes into the game we're down 14-0 vs a team that's lost only 1 games in, what 3 years?

Difference between us and them is that's them down 14-0 within 3 minutes WE ALL KNOW that they're going to keep coming and the game is FAR FROM OVER.....what we don't know is how our guys will respond, because that scenario is very possible...

can they be beat, yes......but our guys will need to be mentally strong to get this W because they will come out swinging haymakers that will connect just to show us who they are and to see how we will respond. Dabo knows that the longer this game goes on and it's a close game, the better our chances are because our kids will start believing we can beat them......Look for Dabo to come out with Mike Tyson uppercuts to try and kill our guys spirit
I agree with that Dabo will try to destroy our confidence early but it won't succeed against our kids.

With all these weaknesses could you please explain to me how Clemson is #1 in every poll? Dabo plays more players every week than any other team in the country. They are only a two man team Lawrence and Etienne really?
Well voters vote off of recruiting and talent base on paper. To be honest they will hype any past champ in the past couple years. Lsu didn't fit bill with Burrows and receivers gone, Bama has talent but questions at qb. So Clemson was the choice and having Lawrence, Etienne back. But they are definitely a beatable team.

Advertisement
Elite is an extremely overused word on here. Our DL is nowhere near elite. Nesta and Phillips have played like men. Roche has been disappointing in run support. Ford is definitely not cutting it. They have also had little to no feel for the play often gap shooting themselves out of the play entirely. We need them (and yes then LBs) to step up big to have a chance.

CBs will be tested. Sunshine will throw into man coverage on 50:50 balls unlike other guys. Have to locate the ball in the air

Trevor Lawrence has only lost once, in the national championship game against Burrow and team.

Etienne is probably a top 2 rb in college football

They have a top 3 wr in college football

Best DC in college football

and the deepest team in football

yes we can win against anyone any given saturday but we're going to need 3+ takeaways and for our DL to abuse their OL to even have a shot
Agree with most of this post! But, there not the deepest team i can think of 3 that is as or more deep then clemson, uga, taint and bama....they don't have a top 3 wr either at least he isn't playing on oct 10th!

Elite is an extremely overused word on here. Our DL is nowhere near elite. Nesta and Phillips have played like men. Roche has been disappointing in run support. Ford is definitely not cutting it. They have also had little to no feel for the play often gap shooting themselves out of the play entirely. We need them (and yes then LBs) to step up big to have a chance.

CBs will be tested. Sunshine will throw into man coverage on 50:50 balls unlike other guys. Have to locate the ball in the air
Your wrong, numbers say they are elite in the acc!

Advertisement
i didn't know that Ross was out for the year. Even if he didn't have the stats to show it, that kid is special

even with that being said, Ladson still the best WR we will see all year
Good thing. AL will be up to that task no doubt in my mind.

Advertisement
Back