UM vs Clemson 10/10 Any given Saturday

YUMU

Recruit
This has to be it CANES!!... thoughts??

We all know the cards we hold with Rhett/King, elite RB stable, elite TEs, DL strength, stud kicker and punter, the vast improvement of our OL, strong S game and deficiencies in CB/LB. We also know Trevor and Etienne are generational players and best in the country. We also know of their coaching, strong recruiting and winning culture.

But… WE NOW CAN BEAT this team any given Saturday. This is the year, the right time when we can be right there with them. Saturday,October 10th 2020 is it!.. why

Key of the game for UM: UM DL (Elite, deep group) vs Clemson OL

Some reports stating their OL is not getting desirable push and the backups are not there yet… they are young. I believe our DL eats and pressure Trevor the whole game. Etienne eats but we need to contain him to a good day instead of a monster day. UM DL must have monster game to help our LBs.

GREGORY ROUSSEAU - If only you could play this game …****!

Clemson OL

2019 strength to 2020 weakness

Lost All-American Guard John Simpson

Lost All-ACC Guard Tremayne Anchrum

Lost 4 OL starters from 2019 / only returns the LT

Lack of depth with experienced/developed players

Clemson OL is thin at tackle position

Clemson Key Talent losses - MAJOR departures

All American and ACC defensive player of the year Isaiah Simmons

1st All-ACC CB A.J Terrell

1st All-ACC S/LB Tanner Muse

1st All-ACC Tee Higgins

4th Round Pick Starting S K’Von Wallace

Stud WR/Best Team WR Justyn Ross – injury

Clemson other 2020 weakness DB and LB

UM other PROs

We are healthy and fresh

We have 2 weeks to prepare

Rhett unleashes tricks and wonders with 2 weeks

UM Other Cons

Performance after bye weeks in 2019. Hope Rhett is that game changer and Diaz has learned
Defense - I think we play solid despite known holes

Prediction – close game

It has to be close ..even for the ACC tiebreaker criteria

Advertisement
Clemson's WR will get exposed this game imo. Our pash rush has to get pressure continuously with 4 because their WR's are weak compared to years prior. Biggest concern is Etienne honestly with our LB play. They haven't played anybody so it will be interesting how they look vs UVA this weekend.

IMO Clemson is not as good this year as they've been the past 2 years. They're still one of the best teams in the country, of course, but they're not quite as loaded as they've been, mainly for the reasons you very astutely pointed out.

The X-factor of course is Lawrence. He is literally a starting NFL QB playing in college. So while they did lose 4 starting OL, and they did lose Tee Higgins and Justyn Ross, Lawrence is so god**** good he just masks most of that. And we know Etienne is an absolute monster.

But let's be real, you can say they don't rebuild they just reload, and that's mainly true...but they lost a lot of talent. The entire secondary is new. Isaiah Simmons is gone. Xavier Thomas is gone. The OL is entirely new. The WRs are missing their top 2 targets from last year.

I really think we can hang with them.

Trevor Lawrence has only lost once, in the national championship game against Burrow and team.

Etienne is probably a top 2 rb in college football

They have a top 3 wr in college football

Best DC in college football

and the deepest team in football

yes we can win against anyone any given saturday but we're going to need 3+ takeaways and for our DL to abuse their OL to even have a shot

Advertisement
Clemson's WR will get exposed this game imo. Our pash rush has to get pressure continuously with 4 because their WR's are weak compared to years prior. Biggest concern is Etienne honestly with our LB play. They haven't played anybody so it will be interesting how they look vs UVA this weekend.

Agree 100%. Our DEs play lights out on 10/10. We need to have a brilliant plan for Etienne.

We all know the cards we hold with Rhett/King, elite RB stable, elite TEs, DL strength, stud kicker and punter, the vast improvement of our OL, strong S game and deficiencies in CB/LB. We also know Trevor and Etienne are generational players and best in the country. We also know of their coaching, strong recruiting and winning culture.

But… WE NOW CAN BEAT this team any given Saturday. This is the year, the right time when we can be right there with them. Saturday,October 10th 2020 is it!.. why

Some reports stating their OL is not getting desirable push and the backups are not there yet… they are young. I believe our DL eats and pressure Trevor the whole game. Etienne eats but we need to contain him to a good day instead of a monster day. UM DL must have monster game to help our LBs.

Clemson OL

1st All-ACC Tee Higgins

UM other PROs

We are healthy and fresh

UM Other Cons

Performance after bye weeks in 2019. Hope Rhett is that game changer and Diaz has learned

Prediction – close game

With all these weaknesses could you please explain to me how Clemson is #1 in every poll? Dabo plays more players every week than any other team in the country. They are only a two man team Lawrence and Etienne really?

Trevor Lawrence has only lost once, in the national championship game against Burrow and team.

Etienne is probably a top 2 rb in college football

They have a top 3 wr in college football

Best DC in college football

and the deepest team in football

yes we can win against anyone any given saturday but we're going to need 3+ takeaways and for our DL to abuse their OL to even have a shot

I agree and know the cards they hold. Trevor is great but he does not have the same weapons and they will take a step back on Defense... man they where loaded on D last year.

Totally disagree on Top 3 WR in college. The top dogs in the country are in AL (2), Chase from LSU and the kid from Purdue.

Last edited:
With all these weaknesses could you please explain to me how Clemson is #1 in every poll? Dabo plays more players every week than any other team in the country. They are only a two man team Lawrence and Etienne really?

Yes they are #1 in the country and they have recruited extremely well over the last 8 years.

Point is this is the year we are close as we have not been in a while

Take weakness as not as talented as previous 5 years

Advertisement
I agree and know the cards they hold. Trevor is great but he does not have the same weapons and they will take a step back on Defense... man they where loaded on D last year.

Totally disagree on Top 3 WR in college. The top dogs in the country are in AL (2), Chase form LSU and the kid form Purdue.
i didn't know that Ross was out for the year. Even if he didn't have the stats to show it, that kid is special

even with that being said, Ladson still the best WR we will see all year

IMO Clemson is not as good this year as they've been the past 2 years. They're still one of the best teams in the country, of course, but they're not quite as loaded as they've been, mainly for the reasons you very astutely pointed out.

The X-factor of course is Lawrence. He is literally a starting NFL QB playing in college. So while they did lose 4 starting OL, and they did lose Tee Higgins and Justyn Ross, Lawrence is so god**** good he just masks most of that. And we know Etienne is an absolute monster.

But let's be real, you can say they don't rebuild they just reload, and that's mainly true...but they lost a lot of talent. The entire secondary is new. Isaiah Simmons is gone. Xavier Thomas is gone. The OL is entirely new. The WRs are missing their top 2 targets from last year.

I really think we can hang with them.
UM 35
Clem 31

Let's not get carried away here.....Clemson is the TRUTH. It will take an absolute almost perfect game in all 3 phases for us to go into the 4th qtr within about 7-10 pts. This team is well coached, at this point they have a Top 10 blue chip ratio on the roster, and they BELIEVE and trust the scheme. How will we respond after an Etienne 75 yard TD run on the opening drive, followed by a 50 yard fumble recovery returned for a TD, and 3 minutes into the game we're down 14-0 vs a team that's lost only 1 games in, what 3 years?

Difference between us and them is that's them down 14-0 within 3 minutes WE ALL KNOW that they're going to keep coming and the game is FAR FROM OVER.....what we don't know is how our guys will respond, because that scenario is very possible...

can they be beat, yes......but our guys will need to be mentally strong to get this W because they will come out swinging haymakers that will connect just to show us who they are and to see how we will respond. Dabo knows that the longer this game goes on and it's a close game, the better our chances are because our kids will start believing we can beat them......Look for Dabo to come out with Mike Tyson uppercuts to try and kill our guys spirit

i didn't know that Ross was out for the year. Even if he didn't have the stats to show it, that kid is special

Ross had a Neck/Spine injury.. similar as Ahmmon Richard's. I am not sure if he kid plays again

Agree on Frank Ladson

Advertisement

No he's not. Ladson is decent but he's far from the best WR will see. Them kids at UNC are good and Tutu is more dynamic than ladson by a mile.

So many things can happen in a game like this.

Truth of the matter is if we can keep it close and have a chance to win all the pressure in the world will be on their shoulders and we will be mentally prepared to win.

King and Borregales should make us all feel good late in a close game.

So many things can happen in a game like this.

Truth of the matter is if we can keep it close and have a chance to win all the pressure in the world will be on their shoulders and we will be mentally prepared to win.

King and Borregales should make us all feel good late in a close game.

This! King/Borregales combo late

Also has to avoid that many penalties and WR drops

Advertisement

Totally disagree on Top 3 WR in college. The top dogs in the country are in AL (2), Chase from LSU and the kid from Purdue.
I think he met Justyn Ross who is a top three receiver in the country but he’s hurt so we don’t have to worry about him.

Clemson OL

1st All-ACC Tee Higgins

UM other PROs

We are healthy and fresh

UM Other Cons

Prediction – close game

Yes. I don't think Miami will be bytched slapped like back in December of 2017! huh?

And yes, Miami will COVER the point spread as a road dog.

Now Miami needs the best optimal conditions to go their way come Oct. 10th.

Advertisement
Back